Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite & Least Favorite Thing About Each Sims Game?

AleksandraAleksiaAleksandraAleksia Posts: 20 Member
edited August 2019 in Off Topic Chat
I'm curious what your favorite and least favorite things are for each Sims game. Or, at least the Sims games you have played. Including the Stories games, too, if you've played them!
(Also, I put this in Off Topic because it includes all Sims games, so it doesn't just fit under one of the titles here. I hope this is allowed in Off Topic?)

My Favorite Things would be...
Sims 1: The graphics. I prefer older games because I like 'terrible' graphics. I want my video games to simulate a bit of real life, but look like what they are - Video games. The Sims 4 especially took this from me. It tries to make Sims look far too human for my taste. Just give me those pixels and sharp edges, please!
Sims 2: The gameplay. It just feels so in depth, with so much life and flavor, that as a kid (and still today) I will sit in front of a screen and play for hours on end.
Sims 3: Also the gameplay, but with more immersion. The open world of it made it feel so much more in depth to me. Now I could actually spy on my neighbor's house whenever I wanted, and see my Sims drive/ride to work instead of just disappearing once they left the front street of my house.
Sims 4: ...Uh... Parenthood pack was nice, I guess? There's literally nothing else good I can say about Sims 4 besides Parenthood. I really love playing with families, and Parenthood gave me so much more I could do with a family, so they did well for one thing for me at least.
Sims Castaway Stories: The 'off the grid' feeling of it. I was surprised by just how much I loved the feeling of basically having nothing to survive on. No electricity unless I worked for it, no modern civilizations. Something about it just felt really nice.

My Least Favorite Things would be...
Sims 1: Kids couldn't age without Makin' Magic. Even with Makin' Magic, the kids really didn't age the same as they do with Sims 2 and up. Genetics weren't a thing in Sims 1, so the kid grew up looking entirely different than what they looked like as a kid, with no relation to their parents at all. Which meant that you could romance your parents. Yep. That's a thing.
Sims 2: No story progression. Even before I got a taste of the story progression in Sims 3, I hated having to rotate between families in Sims 2 as a kid. Why didn't the other families age normally when I didn't play them? I felt like that was something they could have made happen but didn't. So, I stuck to playing one household for the entire time, before I got bored and just reset the hood again.
Sims 3: The game itself. Not the gameplay or content; Those are perfect. But the literal game itself - the code, the program, the engine, all of it. It's just so, SO horribly made in every possible way. The amount of bugs and glitches... There's no excuse for them. Not to mention that even if you had the absolute best PC during the Sims 3's period, you still couldn't run the game smoothly. There were always problems, no matter what NRAAS mods you used, or how many times you triple saved just to make sure they wouldn't become corrupted somehow. As much as I loved Sims 3, I still felt so disappointed in how horrible it really was.
Sims 4: Literally everything besides Parenthood pack. Although if I had to pick just one bad thing... The fact that there are 50 million Stuff Packs, but only around 3 Expansions that add actual gameplay. And that gameplay that they add is just so stale and lifeless. Even though they gave us 'emotions' (aka Bipolar Disorder), they couldn't actually give us life like they had in Sims 2 and 3. Those games felt more true than 4 does. Just something about it is so off.
Sims Castaway Stories: The 'off the grid' feeling of it. As much as I loved it, it did get old after a while of play. I would have to switch back to regular Sims 2 to get my feel of the modern world. Other than that, there's nothing I really hated about this, tbh.

Comments

• Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I haven't played any Sims games other than TS3 and TS4, so..

For me, my favourite things would be:

Sims 3:
    1. The open world
    2. Transportation
    3. Grocery stores
    4. Realistic cooking
    5. Expansion packs that don't lack things
    6. Create a style
    7. Traits
    8. The game being enjoyable without DLC

Sims 4:
    1. The graphics
    2. Having a LOT of CC but not having your game crash like every 40 minutes
    3. Build mode
    4. Emotions
    5. CAS
    6. Seasons being a good pack (sorry, I just don't like Seasons in TS3)
    7. The gallery
    8. First person mode, even though I rarely ever use it

Now, for my least favourite things..

Sims 3:
    1. The lag. God, the lag was horrid.
    2. The extremely long loading screens
    3. Seasons not being that good of a pack (subjective)
    4. All the glitches. There was an overabundance of them, I swear.
    5. CAS
    6. The Sims 3 store. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?!

Sims 4:
    1. The game feeling incomplete without each and every single piece of DLC
    2. The game feeling incomplete without a LOT of CC & mods (subjective)
    3. The weird new "rebranding"
    4. Lack of traits that actually give the sim more personality
    5. Useless stuff packs that could've been in the base game
    6. Lack of open world
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!