Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Active factories

Hey there, folks. I been thinking: Suppose if we do get an industry pack, maybe we can get active factories as a new career. And whatever product these factories create remains unknown, but i'm still hoping for a soda bottler factory along with the other new factories.

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Honestly, I'd love to have a factory job. Anything other than the excess of fashion and technology related careers we've been getting recently would be great. But on that same note, an active industry career seems unlikely with how TS4 is so 'modern' and factory careers are more automated nowadays with less actual people working. That said, it would still be really great to have.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    This would actually be an excellent addition to the game since SimCity has always had factory workers. Although, I don’t want it to be an active career.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    This would actually be an excellent addition to the game since SimCity has always had factory workers. Although, I don’t want it to be an active career.

I agree. And maybe we can get new factories, like a soda bottler.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    How about a power station which a Sim could buy and receive all the money from the world's power bills? It could employ the Repo man and repair men with actual jobs for them.
  • Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I love the idea of an industry pack. Factories, power plants, construction sites, etc.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    My Laverne and Shirley sims would be grateful for the jobs
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'd wish more for something like old clothing factory if they went for factory theme

that way it would actually add creative skills on side and not just be another modern "sims use machines" pack

would also want it to be super steampunk
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Factories to process your produce!
    Turn your tomatoes into sauce, your carrots into canned carrots, bottles of apple sauce and apple juice, make jars of pesto from your basil, turn grapes into wine juice, can your spinach and your mushrooms, bottle some perry, turn spuds into chips (crisps?), blackberries into jam...

It'd be nice if cotton growing, and sheep were added to the game, then you could have cotton/wool mills, make fabric, and then include sewing machines, to have clothing factories.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    My Laverne and Shirley sims would be grateful for the jobs

We got that series shown in the UK and I really enjoyed it years ago. What we need is a bit of the gritty real life of the shop/factory worker! Such a change from Superheros. I get a bit tired of them.

I'll still buy the ROM pack though in the hope we'll get something more "gritty" later on.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I‘d rather have Sims produce it themselves like with a nectar maker or a canning station!
    latest?cb=20160330200011
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I kind of wanted the Scientist Career in Get to Work to be this:

Instead of just aliens Inventions, Invent, experiment, and manufacture a lot of the sims everyday appliances, furniture, and other objects. Along with objects tailored to the other life states and future life states.
    Human
    Alien
    Vampire
    Pets
    mermaid
    Spell caster
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AccidentalBoisAccidentalBois Posts: 31 Member
    That'd awesome. Plus imagine all the Industrial Revolution themed challenges that could be created. That's just my inner history nerd creeping out.