Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What traits/skills for Spellcaster sim?

I'm expecting RoM and been playing around in CAS to make the perfect looking spellcaster sim and now I'm ready with that except for traits and what skills should I maybe be considering for her to learn before I get to play RoM?

Any suggestions story-wise or just plain tactics for the best spellcaster ever are welcome :)
origin ID: adduapina

Comments

• Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited August 2019
    Here are some ideas about skills:

Herbalism may be a good choice for an earthly witch, as well as gardening, cooking and fishing.
    Vampire lore suits well for a dark wizard.
    Archaeology for adventuring spellcaster.
    Mischief for those who will be using mischievous magic.
    Logic is good for an intellectual type of wizards and alchemists.
    Handiness - for SteamPunk spellcaster.
    Charisma is useful for all.
    Musical instruments and singing for a bard.
    Writing may be an interesting choice too.
    Pet training for druids.
    Wellness for those who appreciate balance (BTW, did you know that meditation on high levels allows you to teleport to Silvan Glade and other secret lots?).

...and traits:

Good/Bad - for light/dark magic.
    All the emotional traits (Creative, Genius, etc...) make sense, depending on the character.
    Bookworm - for wizards.
    Music Lover - for bards.
    Cat/Dog Lover - for druids.
    Child of the Ocean - for water mages.
    Child of the Islands - for shamans.
    Erratic or/and Paranoid - for mad sorcerers.
    Loves Outdoors - for druids and earthly witches.
    Insider - if you plan to play with spellcaster's clubs.
    Loner - for those who prefer to study magical arts alone.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Listening to Elle King makes me think of Evil and Mischief as traits. You can be a ruthless female sim that's a serial dater.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @Brinn @WolfNate
    Thanks for the great suggestions! Especially Brinn, your list was awesome! I'm really intrested to see what this "untamed" magic style holds and thinking of making this faerielike witch of he wilds type sim in CAS but also some wicked kind of mischief sim - actually thinking of Papa Legba kind of character for that part.

What are your own ideas for your spellcasters? :)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    Well frankly I plan on downloading that cute Newt Scamander expy from Maxis unless he's one of six playable premades in Glimmerbrook and making him get both Aspirations introduced in Realm
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    My sorcerer, Kaegan his traits are Good, Bookworm and a Loner. He is the Equivalent of Merlin, except way more powerful.
    He is well versed in all magic, He focuses on Light Magic, Enchantments, and Prophecy. His aspirations are in Order: Mansion Baron, Spellcasting, Leader of the Pack, True Love, Successful Linage, Renaissance Sim. Skills out side of Magic
    Writing, Logic, Handiness, Cooking, Mixology, Gourmet cooking, Herbalism, Gardening.

I think Reward traits and Bonus Aspiration Traits really Help shape sims beyond personality

Kaegan's older twin brother, Daerick is Evil, a Music Lover and an Ambitious. Equally powerful to his young twin brother. He is Dark magic, alchemy and Prophecy.

Despite their moral differences they get along well, aside from being brothers, they are Best friends... Until Daerick Succumbs to his dark Ambitions, betrays Kaegan by literally stabbing him in the back with a Cursed Dagger, and commits high treason against the Kingdom and The King and Kaegan come to the conclusion of Banishing Daerick to the Realm of Darkness (The Realm of Magic) where he will never be able to escape.

Before he committed Treason, Daerick was Archmage and The King's Royal Advisor. He leads a group of Mages to uphold the Kings Laws against Magic. The King is very Uther Pendragon in this case, So Under his reign Magic is feared, Until his death.
    After Daerick is banished, at his brother's Mercy, Kaegan is reluctant to inherit His brother's position as the next ArchMage of Briarheart, when it has been stained with so much blood and Darkness. In turn Kaegan erases the memories of the entire Kingdom that Kaegan and Daerick were Brothers. Daerick's name villainized for all time.

Vivian is Kaegan's (future) Wife, her traits She loves the Outdoors, a Foodie, and Romantic. Her magic is nature based, She has two Nicknames, The Desert Flower, and Lady of the Lake. When she was a Girl, She was captured by the Romans, and sold to a very Powerful Imperator.
    When Kaegan and Henry, the New King of Briarheart, and his Queen, Cora... and her Secret boy toy Lord Vincent and Hand of the King, Visit their Neighbors in the Imperial Kingdom, Kaegan Meet's Vivian who has been wrongfully enslaved. Kaegan plans to liberate her from this prison and bring her back, Angering the Imperator and banned from the Imperial Kingdom. Back in their own Kingdom, Kaegan gives her some Space before he begins to court her, and Queen Cora gives Her a position as one of her Ladies. In time marry Kaegan and Have a daughter.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like making writer sims, and I think a great storyline would be a witch/wizard who wants to be a writer, then publishes a book about the Realm. Spellcasters have now been revealed to the world, and a great war has broken out between the magical and the normal. So, skills could be writing, and traits could be bookworm, loner, and creative.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I like making writer sims, and I think a great storyline would be a witch/wizard who wants to be a writer, then publishes a book about the Realm. Spellcasters have now been revealed to the world, and a great war has broken out between the magical and the normal. So, skills could be writing, and traits could be bookworm, loner, and creative.

That's a Good Idea, I have thought of my Sorcerer teach Shakespeare and the Grimm Brothers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

The reward for the writing aspiration is learning to write the book of Life, that you can bind to a living Sim to avoid death or to a ghost to summon it. It's some sort of magic grimoire and it finally makes sense to have it in game too!
  • Options
    My future alchemist is Genius, Bookworm, Loner. He will live on a lot with "Off-the-Grid" trait and practice Gardening, Vampire Lore and Logic.
    I don't know about other spellcasters, need to know more about magic in this GP.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Dancing around the fire pit is also interesting, you can level the dance skill if you have get together.
  • Options
    Livinity wrote: »
    Dancing around the fire pit is also interesting, you can level the dance skill if you have get together.

After "Get Together" had been released, I created a "witch club". They were wearing witchy costumes from Spooky Stuff and dancing around a big green fire. And using voodoo dolls. Unfortunately, there was nothing more to do for them, so I stopped playing with them very soon.
  • Options
    Brinn wrote: »

After "Get Together" had been released, I created a "witch club". They were wearing witchy costumes from Spooky Stuff and dancing around a big green fire. And using voodoo dolls. Unfortunately, there was nothing more to do for them, so I stopped playing with them very soon.

Right, it got old real quick, with herbalism I tired collecting the most magical looking bugs, like will-o’the-whisp fireflies. I even tried to create club of Knights and later Pirates, although going to taverns and ravaging the townsfolk was fun, I wish we had like sword fighting and could battle, and obtain trophies and treasures. So at least now as My sorcerers adventure, dual, create potions, curses, collect books and artifacts I have several rooms in my Sims house where those items would be displayed. But before now i’ E been having those sims who are suppose to be magic try to live pretty normal lives, it wasn’t too bad, wasn’t exciting either.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Brinn wrote: »

It's finally time for all these things to come into their own :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Oh I'm picking Focused, Good and Book Lover
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I just go with what suits their personality.
    one of my soon-to-be-witches is going to be on the alchemy track and is now a "nature witch", so she is a doglover, catlover and loves outdoors, is good at gardening, herbalism, flowerarranging and fishing, atm she is living in the isolated foresty area of brindleton bay but I will move her into glimmerbrook.
    the other one is a musiclover, selfassured and creative, she's a rockstar, good at singing, guitar, piano, organ (she used to be a vampire) and charisma, married to a vampire crimelord and living in forgotten hollow, she's gonna be on the untamed track.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Maybe Hot-headed, Jealous, Erratic, and Gloomy will have different influences on Untamed Magic? what ever untamed magic is of course... raw power? Unfocused, and unfiltered, It has to be Elemental, Light, and Dark Magic... there's no other option. The elemental, Light and Darkness are the only types of magic that are raw and can't be tamed.

I'd imagine, a Hot Headed sim's magic would ravage and destroy what or whoever it touches, even with the best intentions.
    A Sim who is Erratic, their magic would be impulsive, and maybe chaotic, anything could happen hard to say the outcome.
    a Jealous sim's untamed Power could be vindictive, and a Gloomy Sim's untamed power maybe weaker, if they are in a depressed state.

I realize apart from my other Sims none of their traits and personalities match their power really. I wonder if I did that subconsciously? Like my Simself, Mason he is a Geek, a Bro, and a Foodie (hopefully his primary traits will become Adventure Seeker, Warm Hearted and Dreamer. His aspirations in life are Friendship, Love, and Wealth. His top skills are Writing, Sketching, Painting, Photography, Homestyle Cooking, Baking, & Gourmet, Gardening, Video Games and Programming. And hopefully in the future he can take up Soccer (suppose to be his favorite sport), and Archery.

Our Magic is fire based, and well versed in most types of Magic, Enchanting he knows Glamour spells very well, Since he spend a year creating a Permanent Glamour spell that he cast on himself when he is 16, (wasn't happy or in love with what he saw in the mirror), Alchemy: potions and curses, he's well balanced Light Magic, Dark Magic. He is essentially good and loves everyone who loves him. Just don't give him a reason to hate you. He will steal your heart one way or another... and the other way is literal.

His older sister Desiree, She is a Loner, a Foodie, and Erratic. She Loves Fashion, she's sort of edgy but simple and nautical, her magic is water based, Same boat as Mason, though she tends to not rely so much on her power.

Their Mother Julia, is a Music Lover, A Foodie and Ambitious, She is the Daughter of Kaegan, who I mentioned before.
    her power is Light Magic based, she doesn't really use the Elements as much. She only turns to dark magic for emergencies. but She is in the very rare cases where she is more of an Enchantress than a Sorceress.

In my "Modern- Fantasy" Save There's a Story that I like to call "Werewolves In Paris, Romeo and Juliette, & Beauty and the Beast trifecta" Where this Werewolf family of noble birth from the 1860s, Adam and Diane Jordan, fled Europe to be together in America, a fictional town I call Briarwood, a City They Built and The City thrived and their family thrived. Adam and Diane had three Kids, Bruno, Annabelle and Caleb.

Well tragedy came to the City of Briarwood, which led to a Great Vendetta between The Dior Family the Fall of the Jordan Family. Leaving Young Caleb to endure his werewolf powers alone. The Wolf within over takes him, and without his family to help him, the boy becomes trapped in the body of a Wolf. Until Caleb's future wife comes along, notices that this is no ordinary wolf and has seen many different creatures in her day, and asks Julia to help Caleb Regain his Humanity.
    and she does that and more, using her magic to restore Caleb, and using her influence and connections she has with the other 2 out of the 5 original surviving Aristocratic families, that found Briarwood. To restore Caleb and The Jordan Family house.

Till this day they are Great & Loyal family friends, Julia and Roxie have been best friends since birth, really. Trent (Julia's Human Husband) is Great friends with the Alpha Wolf Caleb Jordan, and Desiree is friends with the Eldest of the Jordan Sons Aiden, Cain and Wren. and Mason and Tyron are essentially brothers.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood: