Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was the surprise that’s never been done before?

LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
Going to another world within a world? That’s been done before. Multiple times.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019
    Floating world. (I mean technically they are all "floating" but not like this, there's literally no "floor" on certain areas)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Floating world. (I mean technically they are all "floating" but not like this, there's literally no "floor" on certain areas)

Probably.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Yeah it's the Hallelujah Mountains from Avatar.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yeah, the actual floating Realm is definitely a brand new concept for The Sims.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Calling 1 lot a "world"?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Calling 1 lot a "world"?

Well, EA are calling it a “Realm” but while there is only 1 lot, there is things to explore.

It makes sense to call it a “world” in gaming terms.

Kind of reminds me how once you get into the Jungle in JA, there is only 1 lot (the Temple) but there’s heaps to explore outside of that one lot :)

The Realm seems to be pretty similar.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I don't really expect it (because EA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), but I'm still holding out the vague hope that the secret might be something else, something to be found in game.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »
    I don't really expect it (because EA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), but I'm still holding out the vague hope that the secret might be something else, something to be found in game.

I hope so because a “floating” world is not a surprise. Unless it affects gameplay it’s just an aesthetic. Hardly a “golly gee wiz we threw in a surprise for all of you!”
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I’m going to be skeptical and hope that they don’t mean the floating world is a new innovation for The Sims series...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The fact that you can visit a world without living or vacationing there.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Livinity right? I think it's awesome and an absolutely unique design for a sims world, shows creativity instead of adding just another semi-magical looking world for normis and occults, they made one normal world plus the realm which looks so beautiful.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    For real though you guys see a floating world and be like "meh no biggie", how??? I think it's cool as heck!! Of course everyone is entitled to your own opinion, but dang what a tough crowd haha

Have you been to Sixam? It too feels like a floating world even though you can't tell. But I bet it is! Maybe it's just down the universal road from the magic realm. On a rock close by.

I can't wait to see the views from the realm!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    For real though you guys see a floating world and be like "meh no biggie", how??? I think it's cool as heck!! Of course everyone is entitled to your own opinion, but dang what a tough crowd haha

This🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Have you been to Sixam? It too feels like a floating world even though you can't tell. But I bet it is! Maybe it's just down the universal road from the magic realm. On a rock close by.

I know!! There's lots of floating asteroids around too, I love Sixam... really wish we could live there. I felt the same about the magic world at first, but if you consider that this new world will probably be very busy with stuff to do and NPCs walking around the place, I prefer it this way than just another place to live, you know. Can't wait to see more either!
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Whichever is the actual surprise the gurus meant you must admit over 40 spells or potions pretty friggen cool. 24 Spells 15 Potions and several curses for messing up magic (best get a familiar as the first thing you do as apparently you can bite it.) summons and a bajillion HP themed CAS and BM items what's not to love? The surprise could be any number of aforementioned things
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2019
    i think referring to floating islands and its big enough feat for me

also can't really see concept like this work in any previous games so i mean its new and cool

not exactly sure how i feel about the purple bg to it though i suppose will get used to it but i feel it would have looked better with some fluffy clouds around
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i think referring to floating islands and its big enough feat for me

not exactly sure how i feel about the purple bg to it though i suppose will get used to it but i feel it would have looked better with some fluffy clouds around

They're going for mystical not Neopets Fairy Land lol
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »

I hope so because a “floating” world is not a surprise. Unless it affects gameplay it’s just an aesthetic. Hardly a “golly gee wiz we threw in a surprise for all of you!”

I heard a rumor that you can fly into the void beneath the world on a broomstick and capture familiars.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

I know!! There's lots of floating asteroids around too, I love Sixam... really wish we could live there. I felt the same about the magic world at first, but if you consider that this new world will probably be very busy with stuff to do and NPCs walking around the place, I prefer it this way than just another place to live, you know. Can't wait to see more either!

I used bb.enablefreebuild on Sixam and turned it in to an interstellar check in station. They have to go through the check point to the little bar/lounge after it. And then they can go out in to the world, or rest in the bar and eat something before they do. And upstairs there is a couple of rooms for weary travelers. Those are long flights afterall! :D

I'll likely edit the Realm in some way to accommodate overnight travelers.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    - meh -
  • Options

I used bb.enablefreebuild on Sixam and turned it in to an interstellar check in station. They have to go through the check point to the little bar/lounge after it. And then they can go out in to the world, or rest in the bar and eat something before they do. And upstairs there is a couple of rooms for weary travelers. Those are long flights afterall! :D

I'll likely edit the Realm in some way to accommodate overnight travelers.

@fullspiral is the lot you made on the gallery? I may be using this as inspiration in the new Realm.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    @nerdfashion No it's not. It's pretty futuristic and I don't think it would work well anywhere but Sixam and it's modded. It's in my library so I plopped it down on a lot for you to see how it looks.
    1BjPa80.png
    SLlnGz6.png
    5AyWKSk.png
    Bgd9XSU.png
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Great build! I have an underground bunker/ secret lab on my Sixam. But it has no beds. I never thought of adding those pods from Get Famous. What a good idea!

I can’t wait to customize that big mansion from the trailer, hopefully without messing it up and freeing the 3 Sages from their separate areas. Maybe it will be possible to build a basement? I’d like to give it a sort of magic school vibe with a dormitory rather than a fancy bedroom, and a cafeteria/ refectory rather than a plain old kitchen. I wonder if the Magic Realm will be Off the Grid, (which would be kinda neat — there shouldn’t be technology there like TVs or computers).
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Not the first time I've seen an upside world before. Gave me a lot of zOMG! vibes of an old MMO I used to play.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-BAEyhIptxXZ8pdOd-F0e_Y-MlFxeh75/view?usp=sharing
    latest?cb=20120802090505

I plan to recreate that upside down house except probably can only make it right side up.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller