Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh, He Changed All of the Passwords …

This is the very first time I have selected the Paranoid Trait. Actually, I may have used the randomizer, but decided to keep it when it came up. At any rate, my Sim is an aspiring celebrity, so I chose acting as his potential gateway to fame. Got him all set up with an agency and he has his first audition early Saturday morning. Being that this save is well underway, and I just dropped them into it, this family got their start on a Thursday evening. It's Friday already, they just got greeted by the Welcome Wagon. It was strange seeing Judith (Ward) Chouchou (or whatever the last name is) there. I guess she's settling into domestic life, or something. She wouldn't place the fruitcake down. Pity. I always like to see which of my Sims likes it. And generally, I have the Mom call to a meal. Of course, this family is on the paycheck-to-paycheck plan. They live in a very, very, very, small (downright squishy) two bedroom, one bath in Willow Springs. They did purchase their only daughter a portable slablette. She's an aspiring writer and given that she has a high writing skill, she just may make it.

At any rate, I wax long, as usual. Tamela has gone off to school like a good teen should. And, despite the four neighbors visiting out on the front porch, Ryan sneaks off to her room and is using her computer. That's when I get the notice that he's changed ALL of the passwords! It's not even his device. I am very curious to see what happens (if anything) when his daughter comes home from school to finally start on that novel that's been tickling the back of her brain for some time now. Can't wait to see if she can't get in. And what about that brand new media profile she created?

Just thought I'd share. :)
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I've never played a paranoid sim before, I had no idea they could do this! Is there an interaction for this or did he do it autonomously?
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Since when do Sim computers have passwords?
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member

I'm wondering this too. It's the only item I want guests to stop using!

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2019
    @SimQueenie9 and @Tistou This was included in Strangerville, and it is something that sims with the Paranoid trait are able to do.

@amber_ilumire Sims with the Paranoid trait will do this autonomously.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    @SimQueenie9 and @Tistou This was included in Strangerville, and it is something that sims with the Paranoid trait are able to do.

Why would a Paranoid Sim want to do that, though? I don't get the motivation?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Because if you change the passwords, any passwords previously hacked/stolen won't be usable. You know, like most IT people tell you to do every six months (and some systems force it...)
  • Options
    izacrieszizacriesz Posts: 4 New Member
    That's funny. I did notice that sim with the paranoid trait can set up passwords, but I have never tried this in my game.
    So are the others able to use the computer? How about sims in the same family?
    Can't wait to hear if you find something interesting.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Because if you change the passwords, any passwords previously hacked/stolen won't be usable. You know, like most IT people tell you to do every six months (and some systems force it...)

Ah. Can family members (and friends?) ask the Paranoid Sim for the new passwords?
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    @Tistou LittleMsSam has a mod for personal computers, if you want.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

Oh, that's a nice touch. I keep meaning to create a paranoid sim for my next save, glad they're able to do something new and interesting.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    Hehe , when I read the title before opening this topic, I assumed it had nothing to do with gameplay XD
    (I assumed it would be about like "My husband is tired of the time I spend playing, so he changed all the passwords.." )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    So, I looked it up and all it does is reduce stress by 25%
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love paranoid sims. My savior of StrangerVille is a paranoid sim. She has so much personality.
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »

Well...that's disappointing.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »

Well...that's disappointing.

I agree @SimQueenie9 , I was so excited and then bleh...
    Just would love to keep neighbours and friends off of my sims computer.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I wish they would add this as a feature to prevent random sims from using computers. I have to use a mod for this.