Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming!

Comments

• Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member

Cant wait!!!
    My hubby said 'Discworld' as soon as he saw the Magic Realm, so I think I might try to create the Witches from the books, later when I have the pack.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I believe you can have only one summoned at a time not have like 3 but one is 'active'

"Active" = summoned.

You can have more than one familiar bound to your Sim but only one can be summoned or called up to help or active or whatever it's called.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I believe you can have only one summoned at a time not have like 3 but one is 'active'

"Active" = summoned.

You can have more than one familiar bound to your Sim but only one can be summoned or called up to help or active or whatever it's called.

This is also my impression. Just one active at the time which means just one at a time floating around your sim.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I said that...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Just going to say that this was literally the pack that I've been looking forward to the most since long before it was ever announced, and that the official reveal got me hyped in ways I can't explain.

Everything from the magic and familiars to the look of the buildings is incredible, I had so many ideas for how I was going to design some new buildings and stories for my sims, all the things I'd be doing with what became available..

But then I read more, specifically I discovered the part where already existing occults are completely excluded from learning magic since "no sim can handle two life states"

As a mostly occult player that immediately excludes almost all of my existing sims from the new content and tosses most of what I was planning out the window, and I honestly don't understand /why/ things are implemented that way.

The magic branch system could have been implemented in a way where any sim could have had access to it if they went and unlocked it just like any sim can be famous or any sim can learn new interactions based on skills

It may have taken more work, I don't doubt that this stuff takes a lot of it, but seriously.. it always gets me that new content ignores the existence of already existing content.

Especially when they /just released/ mermaids in the game and it should have been fresh in their minds to find a way to make the magic system work for everyone so that all of the occults could get in on it.

That's really my one big complaint, though it would have been nice to have a couple of occult based career paths added to the game I didn't really expect that.

What I did expect (for some reason) was to be able to take my existing characters to the new world and have them learn magic, that doesn't feel like a lot to ask for after waiting literally years for the content I've been hoping for.

I'll still be getting the pack since there are still some cool things in it, but I can say pretty easily that my enthusiasm has completely tanked seeing what are awesome additions to the game implemented so poorly, it's literally like occult players with existing characters are being punished >.>
  • Options
    jasy80jasy80 Posts: 19 New Member
    I hope the vampires can marry a werewolf lol
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am just wondering when you can buy it? If it comes out on the 10th and today is the 2nd, should we not be able to pre-order it by now if we wanted
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I am just wondering when you can buy it? If it comes out on the 10th and today is the 2nd, should we not be able to pre-order it by now if we wanted

Can only pre order expansion packs I've heard
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

Can only pre order expansion packs I've heard

awwh i wish we could, thank you so much for responding
  • Options
    Playing my Vampiress makes me hope we can get "Show off Magic" as an interaction.
  • Options
    puravidacarpetspuravidacarpets Posts: 1 New Member
    This is really amazing
    Looks wow :D
  • Options
    GrainneSwannGrainneSwann Posts: 17 Member
    I am also very excited for this to be released. So many Harry Potter vibes!!! I'm really looking forward to exploring the new worlds and seeing the new gameplay options. And those familiars look so cute!

@Magdaleena and @Pinmat135 regarding wizard hats, I don't know how you feel about custom content, but if you use it I'd check out the (Fan made) Pufferhead stuff pack by MLys. I think everything there will tie in really well with RoM and it has the same look as Maxis content. And there is a wizard hat included! Just type "pufferhead stuff" into google and it's literally the first result. I downloaded it a few weeks before RoM was announced and I'm so glad I did!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I am also very excited for this to be released. So many Harry Potter vibes!!! I'm really looking forward to exploring the new worlds and seeing the new gameplay options. And those familiars look so cute!

@Magdaleena and @Pinmat135 regarding wizard hats, I don't know how you feel about custom content, but if you use it I'd check out the (Fan made) Pufferhead stuff pack by MLys. I think everything there will tie in really well with RoM and it has the same look as Maxis content. And there is a wizard hat included! Just type "pufferhead stuff" into google and it's literally the first result. I downloaded it a few weeks before RoM was announced and I'm so glad I did!

I got it too when I saw it mentioned on the forums. It's a perfect supplement to ROM.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member

I have absolutely nothing against custom content, in fact I make some of my own. It's all on my simblr.

And I've seen the Pufferhead pack, it's a really well-known pack in the community, but the hat that came with it isn't really my style (I prefer the wide-brimmed ones! And don't worry, I have a bunch of CC ones, including my own... just wish we could have a good official one too). And I don't use build CC.
    I grabbed the scarf, though. The scarf is good.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    GrainneSwannGrainneSwann Posts: 17 Member
    @Magdaleena and @Pinmat135 Ah ok. I didn't know if it had already come up here before so just thought I'd mention it. @Magdaleena just had a flip through the the link to your CC, looks like there's some really nice things there! Do you like hats and hair by any chance?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Cant wait!!!
    My hubby said 'Discworld' as soon as he saw the Magic Realm, so I think I might try to create the Witches from the books, later when I have the pack.

What about Greebo, Nanny Ogg's cat as well? I'm glad I bought C&D. He'd make a brilliant familiar and frighten anything off!
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    edited September 2019
    Two days for the Trailer for ROM :D:D:D
  • Options
    @honeypooh1267 What's a game changer?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Oh, to be a Game Changer! So jelly!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    @ Magdaleena and @ Pinmat135 Ah ok. I didn't know if it had already come up here before so just thought I'd mention it. @Magdaleena just had a flip through the the link to your CC, looks like there's some really nice things there! Do you like hats and hair by any chance?

Yeah, I do!
    Trying to find accurate hairs and hats for my characters was pretty much the biggest reason I taught myself how to mesh. :D

They're also much easier to make than clothing... I still haven't figured out how to mesh clothes yet.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Amavari wrote: »
    Just going to say that this was literally the pack that I've been looking forward to the most since long before it was ever announced, and that the official reveal got me hyped in ways I can't explain.

Everything from the magic and familiars to the look of the buildings is incredible, I had so many ideas for how I was going to design some new buildings and stories for my sims, all the things I'd be doing with what became available..

But then I read more, specifically I discovered the part where already existing occults are completely excluded from learning magic since "no sim can handle two life states"

As a mostly occult player that immediately excludes almost all of my existing sims from the new content and tosses most of what I was planning out the window, and I honestly don't understand /why/ things are implemented that way.

The magic branch system could have been implemented in a way where any sim could have had access to it if they went and unlocked it just like any sim can be famous or any sim can learn new interactions based on skills

It may have taken more work, I don't doubt that this stuff takes a lot of it, but seriously.. it always gets me that new content ignores the existence of already existing content.

Especially when they /just released/ mermaids in the game and it should have been fresh in their minds to find a way to make the magic system work for everyone so that all of the occults could get in on it.

That's really my one big complaint, though it would have been nice to have a couple of occult based career paths added to the game I didn't really expect that.

What I did expect (for some reason) was to be able to take my existing characters to the new world and have them learn magic, that doesn't feel like a lot to ask for after waiting literally years for the content I've been hoping for.

I'll still be getting the pack since there are still some cool things in it, but I can say pretty easily that my enthusiasm has completely tanked seeing what are awesome additions to the game implemented so poorly, it's literally like occult players with existing characters are being punished >.>

I agree with everything you just said! Are you secretly me?! *le gasp*

"no sim can handle two life states" haha, I respectfully disagree... that it's not supposed to be in the game, yes, that the game can't handle it, no... my game created a mermaid-alien hybrid by itself... it's a bit glitchy, but if you A. have x life state and y life state Try for Baby or B. add the hidden trait yourself through cheats, it works...
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2019
    May I ask who are the gamechangers and how do we find them?

Edit I am not on twitter :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    And when it is embargo, everyone who follows Game Changers at youtube will have gazillion of notifications at that same time at Monday. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top