Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Regret? But, You Wanted The Divorce!

Hello, Simmers!

Here we go, again!

Not too long ago my Sim Ricky decided to call upon his powers of 'I'm a womanizer' in a concentrated effort to get and give me a reason to agree to let him have a divorce from his wife, Gwen.

I granted the divorce. Moved him out of the house. And, moved her on with her life. As a free Sim, he found companionship with Marisol Loera (who he later dumped) and, then he found er... something resembling a dedicated relationship with Lina Lancaster. Fine.

Meanwhile, after the major fiasco of: (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960764/can-this-relationship-be-fixed#latest) and fighting against her growing feelings for her best friend, Cairo and Gwen decided to explore expanding their relationship. During this time Gwen adopted two kids. The promise and want of family life motivated Cairo to propose to Gwen. She accepted his proposal for marriage. They are currently engaged. Both Gwen and Cairo are happily living the family life with two well-adjusted children Jeremy (a child) and Tiffany (a toddler). Life for the couple is great!

In recent weeks, I jump across town to Ricky and Lina where a different story is unfolding. The happiness seems to be gone and is replaced with er...something else. Okay. Ups and downs happen during the normal course of relationships, right?? I wasn't worried, I know Sims have the ability to problem solve and Ricky and Lina would figure out what they wanted and would move towards that. Lina seems to want to work things out with Ricky and well, Ricky seems to wants er...something else.

Never in a million Sim years would I have guessed Ricky would enter into what can only be described as 'Sim Regret' and calculate the solution to his relationship problems would be to get back with Gwen. After all, she isn't the same Sim he left behind, she is now an engaged mother of two. Not to mention she's happy! However, as past events have taught me, Ricky can be a very determined Sim when he wants something and right now he seems to have his sights set on Gwen.

This leads me to my current simulated game situation.

Ricky is going out of his way to try to come between Cairo and Gwen.
1- He shows up to their private family outings and injects himself in their event.
2- Is fastly becoming 'Best Friends' with Jeremy (Gwen's son) - (close to the kids, closer to the mother).
3- Keeps trying to pull on Gwen's memory and (dare I say it) 'emotions' when he is able to talk with her.

Cairo, is beginning to lose his cool with Ricky, who is not only his best friend but also his partner at work (Military). I don't know the Cairo Sim well enough to try to predict how he will 'solve' his problem and handle Ricky. I just hope the phone doesn't ring late Monday night/early Tuesday morning informing Gwen of Ricky's 'accidental' demise.

Lina has developed a strong dislike (hatred) of both Gwen and Jeremy. She seems to be using her mother's relationship with Pansy Northrop (Cairo's Boss) to cause problems for Cairo at work. She simply intimidates Jeremy when she sees him or destroys anything he has built in the sandbox (at the park). Plus, the mere sight of Gwen makes her (barely contained) livid!

Gwen is trying hard to avoid being anywhere near Ricky. She wants to focus her attentions on Cairo and the kids. She also keeps as far away from Lina as she can get. Lina doesn't make this easy for her, when Gwen is out in town, Lina is always somewhere in the background leering at her.

And me, I'm just going to let them all figure things out. I tried to calm tensions last time and things blew up so totally out of proportion it was amazing. Lesson learned!

Wow! What a game!

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    So much like real life!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Lol, drama drama drama. You must be using story progression?!
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @IreneSwift - Yep! And, like real life, I am not getting in it!

@ZeeGee - Nope! No Story Progression is running besides EA's which is set to 'off' so I'm certain it's 'on'. This drama is all the Sim's doing, I didn't (and don't) have a hand in it. I play (if you want to call it that) with the Sims learning AI, which basically means I leave them alone to learn about and 'grow' themselves into whom they wish to become. While I do have to provide some basic guidance for skill building and minor duties, the rest is all them.

I don't know how they will settle this event. I don't know how many more times Cairo will get up and walk away before the fuse touches the powder keg. I only hope I'm not elsewhere in the world when it does (gotta get those screenshots and videos after all)! :D
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Sims in my game went through drama too. Valentina got caught doing something so Clifton thought she was cheating and they divorced. At least she's a singer - she will get over it.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @rubyskywalker - I really hate it when my Sims get a divorce. If one truly doesn't want to remain hitched, then I will grant it, even if the other one wants to work it out. But before I axe their union, I try a few things first because sometimes all the Sim (my Sims) really wants is a break or a little space. Sometimes, they just need a little time away from their norm to re-evaluate what they really want.

So, first I'll put them in separate bedrooms to see if that offers a bit of help. If not, I'll move the one who wants to leave out to see if that will help. If not, I'll grant the divorce. In Ricky's case I understand why he wanted the divorce, it wasn't because he fell out of love with Gwen, it was just the opposite.