Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelance fashion photographer question.

I’m finding the career a bit odd. I’ve figured out getting photos approved, but it’s taking a while to get them back so I can’t finish the tasks for the job until they eventually get posted back. The payment is pretty bad considering how long the pics takes to get back to me. My sim is almost full photography skill, she spent her teen years snapping photos, but she’s making most of her money selling pictures outside of the career. Do you get better renumeration further on in the career? Also how do I go about finding models? Thus far I’m hiring them but it’s kinda pot luck. My swimwear shots were of three elders (it got approved though!).

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2019
    My sim's first model was her roommate (Akira), and the second model was someone she hired (the guy in black). I haven't gotten very far in this profession yet. My sim did a bit of modeling herself (she's in pink).

68948582_1337302686420023_2994665058077769728_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQl4bqly2v8FjRZXDwLiD98eP0hRQ9x_pIiGOab0crjGR2MOgrCHvdcBaEriN44X11LMsRpF2AEYU2Yu2O70Jjsr&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=6c65a8d6ad67e8a797631ee63d9dc801&oe=5DE7D503
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Nancy Landgraab was my Sim's first model. She was the first person my Sim (Thalia) saw after moving in. Thalia did a Friendly Introduction, followed by Get to Know, Ask about Career, Get to Know, another Friendly, and another Get to Know, which I think was enough to make them friends. After that, she did Freelancer/Change Outfit/Sleepwear since the client is selling pajamas and then Take Photo of... on the phone. She set a Relaxed pose to meet the gig's requirements, then took five photos of Nancy.

Thalia submitted all five photos for approval and three of them were approved. The photos came back in the next day's mail, so she took them to a library and used the library's computer to post them to Fashion Simstagram. She queued all three photos for submission, otherwise she would have probably been limited to the first one. I don't know if there is any benefit to posting the extra photos but the number of likes did increase for each additional photo.

I had Thalia do some odd jobs while she was waiting for her photos to be returned. Between the odd jobs and the finished gig she has earned about 680 simoleons and now has enough to buy the tripod. I'm not sure if she can also afford a camera, but that will be her next purchase after the tripod, and then she'll probably get a computer.
  • Options
    Theoris69Theoris69 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm having a problem with my approved photos never coming back, and then by that time the deadline is over :( anyone else having that problem? I cannot even play this career.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've only done two gigs. For both gigs, I took the photos and submitted them the same day I got the gig. Both sets of photos came back the day after I submitted them, which gave me plenty of time to post them and finish the gig. I think the key to success is getting the work done as soon as possible after taking the gig.

EA Answers has a thread about approved photos not being returned. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/m-p/8112538#M101259

The problem seems to be limited to photos taken with the Portrait orientation according to @SimGuruNick. He recommends sticking to Landscape orientation until the problem is fixed.

In my case, I took the photos with my Sim's phone and used the default orientation. I don't know whether that's landscape or portrait.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you may also want to check household inventory for approved photos. i've found quite a stack of them in there (mind you, i did send 20 in for approval at the same time and only picked 4 up out of the mail... was worried the others had vanished)

also, you can sort of cheese any gig after the first one, similarly to how you can cheese detective cases after the first one... if you send multiple photos in for approval, you'll only have to use one for the last step 'upload to fashion simstagram' but the others will still be flagged as having been approved, so as soon as you get another gig you can just pull one of those out and use it for the 'upload' step... with that, i've been able to finish multiple gigs in a day, once got past the first one
  • Options
    Prix2006Prix2006 Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having a different issue with my Freelance Photographer Career. My photo studio is attached to my house and when I'm taking pictures of my models I keep trying to take a picture of them with my cat, but my Photographer Sim, my cat and the model just stand there and do nothing. Is it not working properly or is it because it's my Sim's cat and not the model's pet? Just curious because I would love to include my kitty in some photos. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    jenniferg19jenniferg19 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm trying to have my sim do the freelance photography career, however, when she takes the photos she needs (ie. sims in athletic wear, kids in formal wear)t hey aren't registering. I've taken 20+ pictures but it's not showing that it's counting towards the goal. Any ideas?
  • Options
    jenniferg19jenniferg19 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @jenniferg19 said:
    > I'm trying to have my sim do the freelance photography career, however, when she takes the photos she needs (ie. sims in athletic wear, kids in formal wear)t hey aren't registering. I've taken 20+ pictures but it's not showing that it's counting towards the goal. Any ideas?

Disregard my previous comment! I seem to have figured out the issue!
  • Options
    SiimbleAnyaSiimbleAnya Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Theoris69 said:
    > I'm having a problem with my approved photos never coming back, and then by that time the deadline is over :( anyone else having that problem? I cannot even play this career.

Has this problem resovled for anybody else? I really want to get my photos back in the mail so I can play this career through!
  • Options
    Kain23Kain23 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @jenniferg19 said:
    > > @jenniferg19 said:
    > > I'm trying to have my sim do the freelance photography career, however, when she takes the photos she needs (ie. sims in athletic wear, kids in formal wear)t hey aren't registering. I've taken 20+ pictures but it's not showing that it's counting towards the goal. Any ideas?
    >
    > Disregard my previous comment! I seem to have figured out the issue!

I'm having the same problem what did you do to fix it?
  • Options
    teeteelouiseteeteelouise Posts: 121 Member

Kain23 wrote: »
    > @jenniferg19 said:
    > > @jenniferg19 said:
    > > I'm trying to have my sim do the freelance photography career, however, when she takes the photos she needs (ie. sims in athletic wear, kids in formal wear)t hey aren't registering. I've taken 20+ pictures but it's not showing that it's counting towards the goal. Any ideas?
    >
    > Disregard my previous comment! I seem to have figured out the issue!

I'm having the same problem what did you do to fix it?

I had this problem too and realized that the "Take Photo" option didn't count towards the goal. First I clicked on the mark and asked the model to pose and then I had to use the option that says to take a picture of the model on the mark. I don't remember the exact wording. I hope this helps!