Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the aggrevation that is Phone call spamming

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2019
    exactly @FanPhoria but imo TS 4 is getting notorious for overkill on features...

i severely dislike M&G for celebs not just because celebs are as common as any random sim but also because thwe game will flag ALL your visiting sims at the lot even if you're not attending as fans, even if your sims are bigger celebs! why would my 5 star superstar give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about the autograph of Kayla Flemming??? she doesn't even like that abusive piece of garbage to begin with: she is Always angry and Always makes a mess by kicking trash bins and well...Kaylynn grows tired of cleaning up her mess to get rid of the debuff! plus i hate fans in this game: they are obnoxious and behave like m0r0ns and if i have a celeb they won't quit with those annoying requests causing every single celeb i ever made to instantly get that "fanmail" quirk before i ever get the chance to pick one of my own choice. they just swamp any celeb and if even one is present all they do is use the wisper or fawn over socials and are basically useless to talk to (and i guess i really hate it to see my favorite premades act like total idi0ts when some random generated trash sim with celebrity status shows up even tho it is just another totally useless random generated piece of trash -.- my beloved Morgan and Luna should never be forced to worship those ugly freaks!...god i hate the random generated in this game with such a passion! some folks on this forum already know me for my rabid hatred for them XD ). and well...p[aparazzi...what can i say :p i also dislike them irl. no idea why it is even legally allowed what they do: if i would stalk someone like they do i'd get arrested!

and yep, if they would call once in a while it would be great but now they call all day long for the same old crud -.- every single festival and all the celebrity crud… i never even care about any of those anymore since it is a waste of time to attend any of these, just like the daily nightclub parties...what's even so special about them apart from being stuck there and getting a relations penalty if...well why DO you even get a penalty??? it's not like they never happen...they happen every single day and it is always raining when there is an outdoor one causing the DJ booth to break -.- so much for a fun evening >.<
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    i'm pretty sure someone mentioned this be4 but i can't find it and well...necroposting right? so i am gonna ask it here:

is there a mod or a way to reduce or end the flood of Phone calls even if you met just one random person?? because even though you can just reject them it is extremely annoying imo and they never freaking stop! every festival you'll Always get these, and also for every celebrity meet, talent show excetera…

it would be fine if there was one party somewhere once a week or two but every single day i get bombarded with parties going on or those stupid bar evenings which just cause your sim bin to be flooded with even more of those aggrevating random generated freaks (like the game already doesn't flood my worlds with creepy pearshaped elders stalking my YA females >.< ) and it drives me insane because i don't even like those since celebrities will ruin each party anyways once they start dancing... so what's even the point of nightclubs anymore imo? i have better thing to do than being forced to watch some celebrity i don't care about dance and turning each other sim into a braindead fan.

then there is the festival calls...really...every single festival they bother me with it. if they were interesting sure i would care but they are Always the same and apart from geek con (free 3k computer in the hacking contest? yes please :p easy free money ), spice festival ( great way to get the hidden food recepies and learn the two hidden traits) and flea market (you have a shot at missing collectibles and locked items there like the cocktail shaped lamp) festivals are utterly pointless and boring: fun festival?? yawn + i don't wanna die of hysteria tyvm! love festival?? no thanks i don't wanna be hit on by ugly random generated freaks who had a sip of the sakura.
    festivals are way too frequent and if you have seen them once there is nothing new to it the next time and being stuck there for hours just to gain 50 satisfaction points if you complete the objective?? waste of the time and effort if you can just quickly complete a whim for 50 points :P

and don't even get me going on the celebrity greet and meet... i don't mind the celebs but it is usually a four star and those are extremely annoying with their begging for cheers spamming and if time drags on the game will spawn random townie celebs because of these as well! do i have to worship Genji the pearshaped freak and beg for his autograph?? over my cold dead corpse! i genuinely hate random townies so i'll die before i let my sims be fans of them! the talent show thing is also utterly useless since it doesn't even work properly and well... i can gain more celeb points just playing the guitar on the Streets without all the celebs there to keep the crowd too busy with their nonsense.

in other words: i am pretty sure i speak for many if i say those calls are annoying and the events are not even worth bothering with as they are atm.
    and this endless flood of calls has driven me to the point where i actively try to avoid ai controlled sims at all cost! them visiting is also extremely pointless since they just sit behind the computer all day anyways untill they leave again -.- but that is another headache and at least locking the coms behind doors fixes that little problem :p but yeah… avoiding every single townie just to be rid of the Phone call spamming is kind of a game ruiner :(

Agreed... I’d like a feature to silence phone notifications from X hour to X hour. Plus, it would be nice to see text messages appear as it’s own tab and list in the phones menu.
    wB2Zykl.jpg