Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Moschino Gameplay/CAS/BB/Career livestream

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Glad the tripod has a timer. That will help with wedding pics.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    So happy you didn’t waste time in CAS because I appreciated your focusing on the gameplay. I’m so excited for this because of this stream—Awesome job to the presenters. I enjoyed watching the three of you together.

So many things I enjoyed about this from the Tripod and Interactions, Camera, Stage Mark, Fashion wall connecting and so many backgrounds/animations, ability to take various picture angles, three photos in a frame, posing someone anywhere, take picture with (selfie), taking photos with 3 Sims and with Toddlers. When you said taking photos with Toddlers, you tugged at my heart.

Family pictures—check.

Pet pictures—check.

No matter your skill level—no bad photos as long as using the Tripod. Okay, the developers of this and everyone involved so rules. My Sims can be a photographer and have a true studio now. Thank you so much for this. Looking forward to buying this “Stuffed, Stuffed pack”—You knocked it out of the park with this one. Happy Simming! ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @elanorbreton

yes they did this was one of my main reasons for actually watching the livestream because I have ideas for kids/photography/careers I would like to explore.. the upside is you can pose pics of all ages apart from babies (obviously-) you can even take pics and pose with pets which is fab but the downside is only 3 sims at a time in the studio together :/ although the dad and toddler poses were fab and while i would prefer large family shots because I play with large families I was so impressed with the whole photography studio thing so I think I can overlook that.. :)

I hardly ever watch live streams these days but this one I thoroughly enjoyed and it did answer all my questions about the career so maybe it would be a good idea to watch the replay? :)

Lol, I actually did watch the replay but did not notice anything about taking mixed age groups except the dad and toddler shots. Maybe I fell asleep a little... :D

I am very excited about having a home studio - it kinda makes it like the home businesses of the Sims 2, which I loved. I'm already imagining building one on the penthouse of a San Myshuno apartment block.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Ahhh! Was just able to finally watch the live stream through and very happy with the photography stuff it stole the show. The tripods that you can bring out in the world with your sims or use in the studio and animated backdrops that you can link. That you can rotate around the sims and take shots from different angles. The digital picture frame is awesome. The collage one is really nice. The ability to take posed shots with more sims toddlers and pets too! Gotta say I'm glad I watched the livestream because it seems like a lot to learn to use...
    The career seems like it could be as laid back as you want it or more interactive depending...

I never played too much with the photography skill before but have my sim that I want to do this on at first all set to go and have more ideas pouring in after watching this.
    Just very nice. Good work guys!

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2019
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Okay so now that I know moschino pack is lit and photography in it is lit and i need it
    that leaves gtw feeling even more dull and unneeded pack in my game
    I really wish it would get updated with something *sighs*
    so many missed opportunities

I still really like the careers in GTW.... wish there were more of them. But at least if you are a freelancer and make a photo shop you could also call it retail and sell your pictures from the studio..... you just have to get to know anyone who you want to take a picture of I think...... wish you could choose anyone you wanted to bring to the studio with the computer, not just people you know. I guess my photographer is just going to have to make the rounds and meet people that want to get their picture taken, maybe a kind of “get to know your clients first” thing, I can pretend it’s a consultation. And of course I will be giving several of my sims a tripod of their own.
    i mean yeah but the thing is if we view it in retrospect GTW photography doesn't really add to the game
    if people want photography they would buy moschino stuff not get to work
    and get to work photo wall is 99% useless if you have both packs

like if they released GTW after all these packs
    I probably would not buy it tbh it just feels bit empty

and yet there is so many things that would work with using the features of GTW pack and seem odd to add to anything else
    like npc careers as active careers, revamped aliens, sixam made residential, grocery stores, additional careers... there is tons

I just wish they would use that potential
    and make me regret buying gtw bit less

since all they seem to do lately is make me regret buying it :confused:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am really very effing happy with what I saw, no more makeshift photostudio for my sims, all I am hoping now is that the "blacked out photographs"-buck never returns to my game.....

really? I never saw the photography skill as a big part of GTW more like a little bonus (honestly I think it should have been in BG all along), being able to run your own retail and most of all the 3 active careers were the main reason I bought this and are the main things in it imho.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    OH MY! I'm so glad I looked at this stream. I wasn't at all interested, but after seeing this I love the windows, furniture and I'm interested in trying the career! Great! Can't wait til it comes out!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2019
    Pretty disappointed there is only 4 top, 1 aweful full outfit and 2 bottoms for men. I don't like to complain but I though there will be more clothes option since this is supposed to be a clothing based-stuff pack.. We haven't see any female outfits, so I hope there is more!
    Anyway, I like the hairs, and the objects are sooo cool ! I like the fact that you can now choose pose, and being in TAB mod while taking photo is super helpful. Totally gonna buy that pack
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2019
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I am really very effing happy with what I saw, no more makeshift photostudio for my sims, all I am hoping now is that the "blacked out photographs"-buck never returns to my game.....

really? I never saw the photography skill as a big part of GTW more like a little bonus (honestly I think it should have been in BG all along), being able to run your own retail and most of all the 3 active careers were the main reason I bought this and are the main things in it imho.

i mean its not just the photography
    overall considering all the packs and updates they did for base game after releasing that pack
    I wouldn't feel need to get it anymore tbh
    like when they released the pack there was all hype for
    KEY FEATURES
    Become a Doctor, Detective, or Scientist. Control your Sims in all-new career venues, and use your analytical mastermind to create crazy inventions as a Scientist, see what secrets you uncover as you investigate crime scenes as a Detective, or treat patients, deliver babies, and perform emergency surgery as a Doctor.

Create unique retail businesses. You rule your business! Create any type of retail business you desire, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and many more. Customize every facet of your business with Build Mode and watch the Simoleons roll in! Select what items to sell, manage your employees as you see fit, and schmooze your customers to close the sale.

Learn new skills. Teach your Sims some new skills to create more unique objects to enjoy in The Sims 4. Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Display your creations at home or sell them to earn some extra Simoleons!

now if we take this apart we will notice that

1. Doctor, Detective, or Scientist careers yes as promised we have them and they are great

except get repetitive very fast and considering we now have freelance, semi active, actor and military careers, conservation...
    its losing the bling bling of ''control your sims at work!'' being big thing worth whole ep, especially when its just 3 careers
    and they're all science related (detective career being big part analyzing some samples as well)

2. Create unique retail businesses. You rule your business! Create any type of retail business you desire, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and many more.

except you still can't make grocery stores and the retail system is not as deep as it should be
    art galleries? bigger thing in city living.

3. Learn new skills. Teach your Sims some new skills to create more unique objects to enjoy in The Sims 4.
    Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills.
    Display your creations at home or sell them to earn some extra Simoleons!

except the only new skill is baking now
    and you can sell your creations in city living JA and so on because of the selling tables
    now ''Capture the picture-perfect photo'' has also become feature of moschino pack instead

+ not going to even start on aliens and things that got half baked there

soo yeah. i just wish we had extra skills or careers to it so it'd feel less of a waste
    and moschino stuff makes it even more evident I didn't need that pack
    am just angry at myself for buying it back then
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I really enjoyed what I saw and I appreciated you guys sharing all the gameplay, there are still things in my game that I haven't touched yet cause I'm not sure how to do, so showing all that really impressed me, thanks! Awesome rundown guys
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    WHOAAAAAA.

And just imagine. I had low expectations!

Me 2, and I am a bit disappointed that we still can't take family photos with larger groups than 3 sims, but I do love the new options and I am definitely getting that pack! Love the tripod, love the new photography options, perhaps some day it will be patched in to take family group photos with more than 3 sims (perhaps with a new generations pack?).

Also: there are nicer Moschino clothes out there than the ones they showed in the stream (they're flashy-overdone if you know what I mean, but they didn't show all the CAS items and focused on gameplay, so there might also be some of the clothes I like).

I love how this stuff pack focuses more on gameplay than on stuff actually, I hope they keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    So happy you didn’t waste time in CAS because I appreciated your focusing on the gameplay. I’m so excited for this because of this stream—Awesome job to the presenters. I enjoyed watching the three of you together.

So many things I enjoyed about this from the Tripod and Interactions, Camera, Stage Mark, Fashion wall connecting and so many backgrounds/animations, ability to take various picture angles, three photos in a frame, posing someone anywhere, take picture with (selfie), taking photos with 3 Sims and with Toddlers. When you said taking photos with Toddlers, you tugged at my heart.

Family pictures—check.

Pet pictures—check.

No matter your skill level—no bad photos as long as using the Tripod. Okay, the developers of this and everyone involved so rules. My Sims can be a photographer and have a true studio now. Thank you so much for this. Looking forward to buying this “Stuffed, Stuffed pack”—You knocked it out of the park with this one. Happy Simming! ;)

Tripod has a timer on it check.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Finally several references to magic so hopefully for the players that having been hankering over this sort of pack may mean it's hopefully in the works.. :)

they have announced Realm of Magic Game Pack for this autumn already :smile:

I know now I hadn't realized as I have seen nothing about it anywhere yet :)

It was confirmed during EA Play. Nobody has any real information right now from what I've seen, but I'd expect it to come out some time in the next three months.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I will be updating this maxis lot once the sp comes out with the new camera,tripod,theme wall and floor camera objects.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited August 2019
    I will be updating this maxis lot once the sp comes out with the new camera,tripod,theme wall and floor camera objects.
    I totally forgot that was there. Thanks for the reminder <3<3<3

I wonder if the photos can be set for sale.

• Options
    LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    WOW new windows, and a few new hairstyles... because that's what's going to make this pack worth buying. :/
  • Options
    I totally forgot that was there. Thanks for the reminder <3<3<3

I wonder if the photos can be set for sale.

I believe they can.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I really like the photography aspect to this stuff pack, and will buy it.
  • Options
    MaWhilMaWhil Posts: 29 Member
    Love the photography addition to this pack!! Can't wait to try it out!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Love the trolling about Realm of Magic, lol..... gahh... I wants it so bad.

Hope they won't make us wait too long for the next pack and in the mean-time I will take new pics of my little Sims-family.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Awww I adore that pic with the child holding the adults hand.

I wonder what makes it difficult to pose more than two together. Or if it's just a question of cost and time to add more.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    That holding hands picture made me think if holding hands while walking has been a thing in any previous games? I don't remember if it was. Could be nice to have something like that in game.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Thanks for sharing those poses @catloverplayer ... ;) Nice.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue