Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Wal Mart stuff pack would be nice

LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
Or a Target. Or Marshall's. Or just some other department store that everyday people go to shop. Could even be an opportunity to introduce actual shopping malls. Or does that not fit with the new re branding and demographic you're trying to reach (ie. teenage rich people)?

Comments

• Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    What on earth is creepy about a Wal-Mart?

As for an everyday store like Target or Wal-Mart I think the pack would be too unfocused and have no real reason to be a branded collab.

I'm guessing the OP was just trying to point out the absurdity in The Sims collaborating with a high end Italian luxury brand that most people can't afford haha

It's weird The Sims went from collaborating with Ikea and H&M to a high end brand. That being said, I still think the clothes look like they'll be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I would prefer an affordable brand that still specializes in their own stuff, like someone mentioned with ikea or h&m, instead of a giant box store with generic stuff.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd love a Victoria Secrets Stuffpack.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I have just the thing for all your Walmart needs: Shopkins Real Littles line.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I mean, there are already plenty of t-shirts, jeans, slacks, and button-downs in the game. They could probably do with more recolors, but when I think of "normal people" fashion, I don't think of anything we don't already have to some extent (and I've yet to get large swaths of DLC). Maybe more options for layers? That's about it.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »

As for an everyday store like Target or Wal-Mart I think the pack would be too unfocused and have no real reason to be a branded collab.

The people and all that. Never liked and I don't have to.

Oh it's probably the time and day you're going. I prefer to go at 6am, not on a Sunday. lol You can avoid the riff raff at that time.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited August 2019
    Walmart: no. Target: yes. Marshall's: love it but they don't make their own stuff. It'd just be a store sign and maybe other retail supplies. :D

ETA: They won't do shopping malls. Too much space, too many sims, too many mannequins/objects, too difficult, too "hard on computers."
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    My thoughts automatically went with seeing a pack with really, REALLY weird clothes that people at wal-mart wear.

Moschino couldn't compare with terrible wal-mart fashion. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    It can include a new job: Grossly underpaying and overworking your employees while overly paying yourself as the owner of the company!
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I would have preffered a more stylish, chic clothing brand like H&M, Zara, Burberry, and Ralph Lauren. Or just a new Ikea stuff pack would have been better. Moschino is tacky.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Walmart and Target et al are also incredibly US-centric - we don't have those stores in the UK so it would feel really strange to see those kind of stores in my game because I don't have them IRL but I know what the OP means just something a bit more... ordinary, average Joe... useful! I guess they went with Nopeschino because they are a brand known to feature a lot of pop culture designs on their clothing and since the Sims parodies pop culture and references it this collab kind of makes a bit of sense to me... I see the logic in their choice I guess but I would have definitely liked something a bit less outlandish for the Sims 4's first branded deal pack
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I think they should give us a step further down and do a totally trash stuff pack. Stuff for homeless or really poor sims. Like ripped sofas, furniture made out of crates, dirty and ripped clothing, shoes with holes in etc.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    A lot of the randomly-generated townies dress like they came from that "People of Walmart" website, so maybe the tie-in wouldn't be entirely off.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Or a Target. Or Marshall's. Or just some other department store that everyday people go to shop. Could even be an opportunity to introduce actual shopping malls. Or does that not fit with the new re branding and demographic you're trying to reach (ie. teenage rich people)?
    We don't even have any of these in the country I live. lol
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I would love that! We've never had supermarkets in The Sims before.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Walmart and Target et al are also incredibly US-centric - we don't have those stores in the UK so it would feel really strange to see those kind of stores in my game because I don't have them IRL but I know what the OP means just something a bit more... ordinary, average Joe... useful! I guess they went with Nopeschino because they are a brand known to feature a lot of pop culture designs on their clothing and since the Sims parodies pop culture and references it this collab kind of makes a bit of sense to me... I see the logic in their choice I guess but I would have definitely liked something a bit less outlandish for the Sims 4's first branded deal pack

We have Walmart stores here in Brazil, but not Target. These types of stores are very common here.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am not into any of the real life brands being in my game.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    @XxAirixX Hehehe I had to laugh at your comment about creepy people in (we call them in the uk) super markets. I've worked in a lot of them and yes, there are some very strange, very creepy people wandering around in them. When I worked on the bakery one guy would always stand at the side of me and fart. That's the very definition of creepy. He did not like the payback he got. I think you have to have worked in retail to get that comment. My friend had an old lady constantly stalking him at work too, every day she'd come in asking questions and openly flirty and touchy feely Did anyone care it was harassment? No, it was selling baked goods after all and his terrified embarrassment was just a side effect of successful repeat sales!

On topic, I'd be interested in a collab with Walmart seeing as they own Asda over here. I'd like to see a Primark pack as well complete with dropped hems, differing sleeve lenghts and odd mixes of fabric and patterns that should have never been seen together. That way my sims could actually look like me and that's what it's all about according to their advert isn't it?
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member

I'm guessing the OP was just trying to point out the absurdity in The Sims collaborating with a high end Italian luxury brand that most people can't afford haha

It's weird The Sims went from collaborating with Ikea and H&M to a high end brand. That being said, I still think the clothes look like they'll be a lot of fun.

Yes that was the point of the thread. H&M and IKEA were okay. Diesel was stretching it as the jeans were nice. This time it’s just ridiculous. I’ve never heard of this brand, and what was the point? To promote awareness? Im not buying a single thing from them.

They may as well have went with a different theme and have the same outfits but recoloured and called it ANYTHING. Probably would’ve been received a lot better!

• Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Let's keep things clean and on topic. There is no need to argue with each other. If you do not agree with someone, simply do not respond, or if you do, do it respectfully.

~EA_Joz
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2019
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats Part Two confirmed. :#

giphy.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats Part Two confirmed. :#
    Lol I still have nightmares about that cupcake bra :D
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    My thoughts automatically went with seeing a pack with really, REALLY weird clothes that people at wal-mart wear.

Moschino couldn't compare with terrible wal-mart fashion. :#

Pretty sure most Townies already do their best to look like the people of Wal-mart... 😉
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Walmart is too limited. West Edmonton Mall would make a great Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @GracieO312 Asda is Walmart in the UK. But I agree on less outlandish branding. I wouldn't mind so much if the clothes wouldn't show up at random on my townies.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion