Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't Sims take care of themselves?

I tend to micromanage, but I'm trying to be more hands-off because micromanaging makes some challenges (like legacies) boring when you're just waiting for something to happen. Sometimes, I'll let the game run without my interference while I do something else and just check on it every so often.

I swear my sims are never not on the brink of death. Needs always in the yellow and red, don't always go to school or work, cook a lot of terrible food. I'm surprised one of them hasn't set the kitchen on fire.

I have this in both 3 and 4 (and in 3, one of my sims will also attack the peashooter; why??), but I thought the AI was improved. I'm not expecting all needs to stay high in the green, but can they not be 24 sim hours away from starving to death?
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I too experience that. It's a bug, since not everybody's game had encountered it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The need must be in yellow before they decide to take care of it. And even then, they make a very bad job at it (nap instead of sleep and bathe instead of shower)
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    It's strange. My Sims are doing just fine all by themselves with full free will on. I once fell asleep and left them simming on their own - four hours later a lot of things in the house were broken but everyone (2 adults, 2 kids, one toddler) were alive and well %)