Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't kill sim by exhaustion

I have an elder sim that I would like to have move on, so I can focus on her daughter, and her daughter can keep all the household funds. I'm trying to kill her by exhaustion. I've sent her jogging a few times, but once she's really tired, she won't do anything else to finish wearing herself out and die. Everything is greyed out and says she's too tired to do it.
Any suggestions on what has worked for you guys?

I don't want to just delete her, even though that would be easy. I want to maintain the family tree. And I'm tired of waiting for her to die of old age. lol.
Gallery ID: LadyGray01

Comments

• Options
    PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hello!

I looked this up online and sources say it is a difficult death to do but I found a list of things that people say to do
    "Go for a Jog
    Use the Weight Machine
    WooHoo!
    Cleaning dirty objects"

If you feel it is taking too long I also know you can make the Sims die from being too playful which might be easier to do! The listed requirements from the site are:
    "Take a Bubble Bath
    Read the book; Make Them Laugh ‘Til They Cry!
    Turn on the emotional aura of the collected MySims Trophies
    Turn on the aura of the Plumbob reward lamps: Paws Anonymous Reward or Tiki Topper Reward"

Lastly you can kill her using cheats if you really want her to die of exhaustion!
    "If you use the cheat sims.add_buff buff_Death_ElderExhaustion_Warning your Sim will drop dead on the ground immediately. This cheat works on almost every age, not just elders."

Everything in quotes has been taken from the Sims Online website!

I also realised how scary my message must sound if someone didn't know I am talking about The Sims..
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for trying. I tried each thing you listed, none by themselves worked, and after each it just said she was too tired to do anything else.
    I tried the cheat too, but it didn't do anything. She's still hanging in there.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Was she Energized? Try giving her some coffee and having a brisk shower. That may counteract the "unable to exercise more" debuff.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Was she Energized? Try giving her some coffee and having a brisk shower. That may counteract the "unable to exercise more" debuff.

No, she wasn't. I'll try that, thanks!
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Pasting this from a previous post I made last year:

Purchase the Happy or Energized Potion as a reward. Have your elder drink the potion. They will be very Happy or Energized. Then have them go jogging. They will jog until they get the Dangerously Tired moodlet - but this moodlet will be overridden by the Very Happy or Energized moodlet. Then have your elder go jogging again... and have them meet Grim.

Note they need to drink the potion before going jogging the first time, otherwise, the Dangerously Tired moodlet will stick to the front and override any other positive moodlets, even if they drink the Happy potion afterwards.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I had a criminal sim I wanted to a witness death so I found an elder townie, invited him over and was mean to him and then fought him twice. He ended up coming into the house, went upstairs and passed away. My sim almost missed witnessing the death. He died by anger I am pretty sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »

That didn't work either. I was even careful to make sure she was very energized before I sent her on her jog. I tried it several times. She just ended up being very tired, and having to pee.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Pasting this from a previous post I made last year:

Purchase the Happy or Energized Potion as a reward. Have your elder drink the potion. They will be very Happy or Energized. Then have them go jogging. They will jog until they get the Dangerously Tired moodlet - but this moodlet will be overridden by the Very Happy or Energized moodlet. Then have your elder go jogging again... and have them meet Grim.

Note they need to drink the potion before going jogging the first time, otherwise, the Dangerously Tired moodlet will stick to the front and override any other positive moodlets, even if they drink the Happy potion afterwards.

I'll have to try that in the future. It took me so long, trying different ways to off the poor woman, she ended up dying of old age. I will say, it kept me occupied. lol. Now I can move on with her daughter.
    It was so much easier to kill Sims before, I miss that.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited July 2019
    When my Evil Sim needed to witness death she seduced an elder (townie) and made them woohoo twice.
    They won't refuse it if the other Sim clicks the bed and uses "Woohoo with..." option.
    Unfortunately when Grimmy showed up, she was sleeping and didn't actually witness the death, had to do it again.
    The second elder townie lasted four or five woohoos, which was annoying, but it worked in the end >:)
  • Options
    PlainConeyPlainConey Posts: 40 Member
    maybe death by exhaustion is actually a disguise for death by woohoo :'(
    tumblr_pveqn05fFL1u5990do1_r7_1280.png