Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting Gold (Parties)

Yesterday, I struggled somewhat to earn a gold medal for a kava party. Had to throw it twice, actually, because the first time I needed something to happen which I couldn't control.

Gotta say, I don't find it very enjoyable when I have to cancel my Sims' actions constantly in order to get this and that done before time runs out. Think I'm gonna try and find a mod that extends parties. But at least, I don't have to aim for gold every time :)

How are your experiences with throwing gold parties? Find any of them more challenging than others? Any favorites?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Earning a gold medal for the Outdoor Retreat Weenie Roast event is very hard too. Roasting marshmallows is a long interaction and you have to do it twice with 4 sims I think. I wish it wasn't that hard because you can't really enjoy the party anymore.
    My favourite event is the house party. It's funny to see the guests' party wear and how they dance. :)
  • Options
    Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    I've gotten gold for dinner parties - it's pretty much just feed everyone, make coffee and chat. But I only get silver during house parties, as most of my guests run around doing their own thing.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Party place lot trait helps a lot :)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I get that they've tried to make parties in to a sort of special mini game, but sometimes I think it's too much and Sims often go off and do their own thing meaning I have to cancel their activities to go and do the required tasks. Sometimes it's quite self explanatory like blow out birthday cake candles or get married but other times I like letting them do what they want. Like in TS2, a bit of dancing and some woohoo and it would be a roof raiser :D
    I used to really struggle getting gold house parties, sometimes I still just accept a silver and just sit back and enjoy watching what's happening
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    If you select your sim throwing the party and "make group" with them and all of their guests, then you can do stuff like order drinks from a bar as a group and listen to music as a group, so those types of interactions are easier and quicker to complete.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Evalyn326 wrote: »
    Earning a gold medal for the Outdoor Retreat Weenie Roast event is very hard too. Roasting marshmallows is a long interaction and you have to do it twice with 4 sims I think. I wish it wasn't that hard because you can't really enjoy the party anymore.
    My favourite event is the house party. It's funny to see the guests' party wear and how they dance. :)

Weenie roast will never not be funny to me.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited July 2019
    Have they fixed the Weenie Roast glitch? You know, the one where the fire gets out-of-control and all but burns the house and guests down?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Whenever I get gold at any event it's pure luck. Getting several sims to do a certain thing or feel a certain way is impossible, so I don't bother with those, and just hope it won't be too bad in the end.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Dates and Weddings, I have no trouble finishing at Gold. Parties are harder. The tip of grouping with guests was a good one. In general, however, unless pursuing it particularly, I skip the scored event for a more open-ended gathering.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The only ones I've really struggled with are the dinner party and the kava party. Course, my sims don't have many friends, so I don't often throw parties.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    I found getting gold for the kava party easier if I only invited 1 sim. The game then invites other sims but the requirements to get gold are less then if you invite more sims yourself. If I hadn't figured that out on my second try, none of my sims would be doing the beach bum aspiration.

The last time, I also fixed two pots of kava beforehand so it would take my sim less time to make it & there would be plenty. Worked out well.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I've tried not checking for it to be goaled and it still said folks didn't have good time, they had party host trait too, not sure what I did wrong because I thought that would let it just be a party.