March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to use Mods/what it entails if I never used them

DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
edited July 2019 in General Mods Discussion
I'm sure theres a post somewhere but I'm having trouble trying to find a general forum on everything to know about Mods for beginners. For example, where to go, how to do it, and will it slow down my game, is it hard to remove if I need to repair my game? I've played Sims for years now in Sims 4 and never once used anything besides Sims/houses from the gallery. If there is a post like this please feel free to guide me there so I can remove this one and not look like a fool, probably already do lol.

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    I googled for a guide, and found this; there are surely more guides out there if that doesn't suit you, including video guides. :smile:

edited to add: once you're ready to get more in-depth, you can delve into specific mods or mod-sites. MCCC is a very commonly used mod, & if you're interested you can start reading here--though I know I found it confusing at first. Be patient with yourself! There's more detail for each module under the Documentation heading.

There are a myriad of mods out there, but that's the one folks recommended to me to start with. I used NRAAS in TS3, & MCCC is the mod most like that.
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2019
    Dumb question but could one mod be filled with other like mods or I guess options to have available in the Sims 4? [Removed reference to inappropriate mod~Rtas] I'm easily confused so whatever baby steps I need to start with I will absolutely follow. Mods can slow down your game though if it already lags though correct? @Tiarella
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    edited July 2019
    I don't know about other mods, but you can use MCCC's settings to allow for [Removed inappropriate reference] ~Rtas. Using the link I gave you, go to Documentation & scroll down to MC Woohoo; the info is in there.

I don't have trouble with lag, & I have MCCC & a handful of LittleMsSam's mods. My computer's getting old, but I haven't the foggiest notion as to how much processing power (or whatever) it has. I'm sorry I can't be more help with that, but now that your thread's been bumped, maybe someone else can help. :wink:

edit: typo. There's almost always at least one! :lol:
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    Are you referring to how much CPU is used on your PC or how much Ram you have? I could help you with that.
    No need, as the info wouldn't really answer your question anyway! What we need to know is, would adding mods to your game slow your game down? That I don't know.

In TS3, NRAAS helped me with gamelag; it helped w/optimization. Dunno if MCCC does that, but someone else might know. Sorry I can't help more!