Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers Are So Adorable

I went for a long time without playing children very much in The Sims. But now I'm finding that they're one of my favorite things. They are so incredibly adorable! I love their toddler voices and their cute toddler animations. And it's really fun aging a baby up, with all of the mystery about what they will look like. It's like opening a tiny adorable present. :smile:
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    they are! they did a great job on the toddlers.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    They are absolutely the best toddlers in the sims series!
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    They are! I'll admit, their initial omission was part of what kept me from moving forward from TS3, and even in TS3 it took me a long time to embrace generational stories. I actually think toddlers are something TS4 does especially well, compared to TS3. The basics are all there, but with a lot of depth. The traits are interesting, and Parenthood adds an extra dimension, as well.

So far, I have navigated my 2nd generation through toddler stage - my founding couple's three boys. I chose a different trait for each. Alf was a Charmer, Bhakti (named by his Yoga-enthusiast dad) was Angelic, and because he was last, Chance I let be clingy - but really, it was his parents wanting to make the most of their last child's most magical years.

Alf, the Charmer - now a YA, married and moved out!

1BKSnhX.png

Bhakti, the Angelic toddler - and my first mess-maker!

m51C3Re.png

And Chance, as in "last". I can't believe this is the only toddler screencap I have of him. Riley did most of the parenting on this round.

xZSXkAr.png

Every one of them before "sticky hands" was fixed, while it was a bug, too! :D
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Agreed! I love them, when I play families it's a bonus to have a toddler in the house :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Agreed :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't play this game without toddlers. I love them.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    @sindocat Very adorable pics. Toddlers is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing. Especially love my toddler parties.

Toddler Danny and Bella
    2zrl4l0.jpg

Althought Danny is upset because he can't have sweets before bed. He still sits and somewhat enjoys story time with his sister Bella.
    nqbryf.jpg

Bedtime. This is why Toddlers are the best. I just love tucking my Toddlers and Children into bed. Precious moments.
    2elsgo2.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I had the briliant idea to put my headphones while playing (a thing I never do) and I heard the little toddler voice with their little lisp clearly for the first time, and it was the cutest thing ever.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I could spend my time just watching toddlers in this game. They're so adorable when they're waddling around the house and babbling and doing their cute head tilts and all. <3
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @Hearts4u - Danny & Bella are precious! All my boys looked so much like each other, different hair is all I could do to set them apart. Then again, I could see which parent they resemble. Oddly, I think the Child faces actually show less resemblance.

Danny is clearly displeased in that last shot. I love their moods - emotional control comes later! - especially as they tend to be brief.

Except that it actually worked, I'd say my biggest problem with Toddlers is they are so cute, discipline is hard for me. Avery always went full marshmallow "hug it out", the gentlest approach on any issue. Riley got to be "bad cop" - but even that amounted to "discuss it calmly".

I just can't bring myself to be remotely mean to these kids!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes, they're very adorable. Until you put them in their highchair.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Oddly, I think the Child faces actually show less resemblance.
    That is true! I noticed that as well.
    Children are all awfully chinless too.
    Toddlers are the cutest, their animations are amazingly done, I especially love toddler dancing <3

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2019
    The toddler I was playing tonight has the sweetest disposition too. Her celebrity mother had a quirk-driven meltdown in front of her toddler, and right afterward the toddler was back to eating grilled cheese and bobbing to the blues on the radio. ❤️

Definitely different from the headstrong triplets I played most recently!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    ... Especially love my toddler parties. ...

Uhm, there's obviously so much I never did in this game. How do you go about to throw a toddler party?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I love them. But I could use more toddler stuff xD Especially clothing and hair. I know it's a short lifestage but that's no reason to neglect it since there are plently of players who enjoy having several toddlers in their game
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes, they're little cuties. And even with autonomy off, they're still unpredictable. I can make an older Sim sit for hours working on skills, but a toddler will quickly get to the point of 'nope, not gonna do that anymore'.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I love TS4 toddlers too, in fact I enjoy the toddler stage so much I'm reluctant to age up my main sim's clingy toddler. They are just so cute together. I really hope we get more toddler (and baby) stuff. I would love it if my sims could take their babies/toddlers out for walks in a buggy/stroller. Witch/fairy toddlers would be so cute too.
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    The toddlers are one of the absolute BEST things about this game! It is legit my favorite life stage!!! They are crazy adorable 😊
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    @Sindocat I've noticed that too, with the toddlers showing more distinctive facial features than the children! I'm doing a baby challenge so you get pretty familiar with the look patterns 😄 But it also means I almost always have toddlers in my house! 😊
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes! The toddlers in Sims4 are the cutest, most in-depth characters we have in the game right now. I play with aging off to better enjoy that life stage. There is nothing cuter than our toddlers. And we get so many of those 'awwww' moments with them. I don't think I will ever lose interest in them no matter how many years I play Sims4. <3
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Ok y'all, I loved the toddlers before Island Living but now!! Oh my word, they are just the cutest things ever when they are playing in the sand with their little floaties on their arms, digging in the sand!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I actually cried the day they announced the patch containing toddlers. I had no idea of what to expect, but since they stickied the thread about what we wanted, I had some hope. Hope that wasn't unfounded, as it turned out. These toddlers far outshine the ones from Sims2 which were far and wide the best, to date. Until now, that is. Couple toddlers with the Parenthood GP and this game has become more user friendly. By that I mean, we are more in control over how our born ingame Sims end up. I love that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/