Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to add clothes categorizers/filters into CAS?

Hello,

I'm not very hopeful about this question but I've been experiencing unbearable lag in my CAS, especially in the clothes section, and I've been thinking how great it would be if TS3 had clothes categorizers like TS4, where you can filter between skirts/trousers/jeans/shorts for example. It doesn't make any sense that they would put all those under the same category (bottom), and you have to sift through all those unnecessary clothes to find what you want. Especially when you have a decent amount of CC and pack content, fighting against lag seems so difficult. :(

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Not that I'm aware of, but you can set up Collections, subsets of content, if you can get that feature to work for you.

The only other ways I know of to reduce CAS category lag are to use MasterController's Compact View, have less content in play altogether, or run the game from an SSD rather than a standard HDD.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    @igazor I already run it from an SSD, but I wonder if the CC folder also has to be in an SSD for it to work as intended. This may be a stupid question, sorry, just suddenly thought my game is in my C:// drive (SSD) but the Documents/TheSims3/Downloads are in the D:// drive, could it be causing a lag?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If your Documents folder has been redirected to D, which is not also an SSD, then you are not getting the SSD benefits of faster content category loading and caching. Many players have to do this if the SSD they are working with is too small to carry the entire game, or the entire contents of their Documents folder if they are using it for other purposes. Is this the reason for the redirect?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor My SSD is only 128 GB, and my Documents folder was too large for it. This explains a lot of things, thank you. Maybe I will need to upgrade to a bigger SSD after all. So glad you are here to help us with all these sorts of questions. :)
  • Options
    Right, an SSD that small is meant for the operating system and system related resources. I wouldn't even install the game on that one, let alone allow the Documents folder to remain there although some have had success with the game install alone that way. Windows requires at least 35 GB of free space in which to maneuver properly and the game itself requires additional space to work. A larger SSD or replacing the second drive with a large enough one won't solve all the world's problems, but it can help in this regard. Does MasterController's Compact View give you no relief in this regard, in the meantime?

Thanks for the kind words and you're welcome. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor I actually tried MS's compact view now and it seems to solve my lag issue by a large extent! Thanks again!