Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is getting a complete "refresh" in design and look. I guess TS5 isn't happening soon....

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ew, I'm sorry but this is just so bland! The current cover arts were pretty nice already. Now Expansions won't have unique colours to help differentiate them??? The text is smaller, especially for the pack type and the icons are just tossed in the upper right corner... I've loved most things the Sims team has done, but this... WHY??????

Loading screen is bland too, the current one is so much nicer!

I actually quite like the design of the main menu though, but I'm hoping it doesn't carry over to console, because having all this clutter in the way of my game starting options will be annoying (probably for PC users too).
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Alright, this is getting ridiculous. The game needs MANY things to be fixed, but the one thing that wasn't even broken, the one thing that wasn't negatively affecting the experience of players, they're deciding to overhaul. For seemingly no reason. And it's not even good. In just a few hours of studying graphic design, I could probably recreate this "new" look. And I'm not a graphic designer.

Granted, it's not the studio itself doing this redesign, but I'm wondering who thought this was something that was absolutely required.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think it's terrible.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I like the new look, though I would have maintained the EP colours. The initial design started to look like 1976. However, this midway change is not good for people who are collecting the boxes.
    I happened to be around in 1976 and if anything, it’s this new art style that reminds me of those days ;)

151598973_1_big.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I wish they would have given us body hair instead... This is just sad.

Only thing that makes me a bit excited is that new hairstyle(the girl with the pink hair).
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Can anyone post screenshots? How is the new loading screen, main menu and cas?? Theres a story mode???!!!!

Yes instead of creating a Sim from scratch you can answer some amusing questions and then the game will create a Sim with fitting traits and a career for you.

Haha, as an Elder Scrolls fan that brings back memories of character creation in Daggerfall and Morrowind (not sure if Arena had it, too, I started with Daggerfall)! Sounds like a fun addition. Nothing deep, but fun.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2019
    In reality it's really not a big deal, but to me, it is. It looks terrible. The plum bob looks like it took 2 minutes to make, and I am definitely not a fan of the blue. The main menu looks really empty and has a lot of wasted space compared to the one we have right now, not for long though. And they just gave us the ability to change the main menu picture, now they take it away. Also, I am not a fan of the new people on the cover art, I want the other people back. The pack art... I liked the pack art the way it was. It looks bad now. There is just so more they could do than a dumb redesign to spice things up. Everyone in the community (Well, not gonna speak for everyone but I'm gonna say most) were happy with the way things were. This redesign just upset people, including me. SOOOOO much more that needed to be done to the game. This was just unnecessary...
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don't know why people think TS5 is happening. They have said repeatedly that they still have years worth of content for TS4.
    Yes, this. Although I know there were positions advertised last year for a Sims type game, I have felt for some time they have not even really started on Sims 5. I actually think Sims 5 is not even in the works... instead they will drag Sims 4 out indefinitely and it may be the last in the series.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ew, I'm sorry but this is just so bland! The current cover arts were pretty nice already. Now Expansions won't have unique colours to help differentiate them??? The text is smaller, especially for the pack type and the icons are just tossed in the upper right corner... I've loved most things the Sims team has done, but this... WHY??????

Loading screen is bland too, the current one is so much nicer!

I actually quite like the design of the main menu though, but I'm hoping it doesn't carry over to console, because having all this clutter in the way of my game starting options will be annoying (probably for PC users too).

It's coming to the consoles as well. Its been confirmed from SimGuruLegacy.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sims team has a bit of an issue with priorities.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Sims team has a bit of an issue with priorities.

This was not done by the gurus. They are still working on things that will actually be in the game.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Only thing I don’t like about the new theme is all the blue and how the EP’s no longer have dedicated colours. Other than that I think it’s alright, I’m not mad, I don’t play sims for the menu and pack art, I play for the game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I like those new sims their adding with the update.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    The changes to the menu, pack art and loading screen doesn't bother me. It's a non-issue and not worth complaining about. I'm more miffed at the fact that they didn't add new traits with the new story mode, lol.

I'm glad The Sims 5 seems further and further off. I've put so much money into TS4 that I am not even close to wanting to have to start all over again. :)
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    The current loading screen hurts my eyes if I sit through it at night but the new one is worse, there's nothing to break up the blue background. I can manage the current one because I'd just stare at the progress bar. Hopefully they kept that otherwise travelling in this game is going to be headache inducing during all hours of the day.

I would like to point out that it's only really an issue because the change highlights that issue for me and I can't be the only one instinctively reeling from that loading screen.

Please whoever designed it, make it a darker shade of blue...
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited July 2019
    I feel like this is a last-ditch effort to make people forget the game came out nearly five years ago. A lot of fans (although I know it's not all of them) want to move on to the next iteration, so I'm thinking that this might have been done to try to distract them with a new coat of paint - especially after the relatively lackluster reception of Island Living. *edited for spelling.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Oh lord, as if the white screen didn’t already bother my eyes, now that blue loading is more hideous. The new main menu screen looks like something a child came up with. Don’t fix what’s not broken.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    my eyes hurt, if only they make it a little darker instead of using bright color guess I should resort to mod once again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Oh well, at least they kept the popular features like the loading screens, eh? :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Paralives needs to hurry up and release anyways 😂😂
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Here’s my theory.

If anything it’s a hint they don’t care about existing players (something some of us - ahem - have been saying for a long time now). They just want new buyers and these buyers they have in mind are clearly very young. Kids. Going by this new style. I think that it might be that realization, be it unconsciously, what upsets people so much.

EA: “Nah, we don’t care about adding in depth gameplay you guys ask for, nor bugs fixes. We want new buyers, that’s all, and they’re a lot younger than you lot.”

Sure, they are planning to go on for many more years. Whether that’s good news? Not for a lot of us. I really think there’s nothing to be happy about in that respect.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    I still think that the person or persons that are in charge of this rebranding are incompetent plum who should be fired. That looks so cheap and unprofessional, just like every EA game... This is the worst idea that The Sims team ever had. The loading screen is made literally in 2 minutes, the Plumbob was created by 4 years old and those game covers look like they came from the '90s to haunt us. And I won't even start about that starting screen. Everything looks like they have been made using paint and look lifeless. This is a MISTAKE!!
    Harsh, but not wrong. lol As a graphic designer, I think the new design is disastrous. I love bright colors, but in my opinion, they only should be used as highlights and not like… well, whatever they did there. It's far too much for my eyes. And where's the white space to let things breathe? Ouch. I think they wanted to make the game appear more modern, but this looks like a downgrade. At least it's only the main menu in which I don't spend much time anyway. The loading screen is okay-ish, although I prefer neutral colors.

Also, why is everyone talking about Sims 5? lol I think they made it very clear they'll continue to spend the next few years on TS4.
    Why is everybody talking about Sims 5? Because many many current and old players are totally ready for a successor. We don’t care about EA’s plans. We care about our own self-interest.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Why is everybody talking about Sims 5? Because many many current and old players are totally ready for a successor. We don’t care about EA’s plans. We care about our own self-interest.
    I mean, I get that, but even if you don't care, EA is making the plans and there won't be a Sims 5 in the near future.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2019

Nevermind you all ruin sims 3 for me