Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairy Tale Expansion Pack Idea

Hi guys!

I've been thinking, how to add some fairies and werewolves into the Sims 4 without needing their own separate packs. I mean, it'd be great as standalone so they get attention like Vampires did (and now Witches would too) but who knows.

~Fairy Tales~ expansion pack:

*Magical new land appears, that can be traveled to via book, bookcase, or map. Its reminiscent of olden European town, with a castle in the distance and spooky mystical forest behind a large lake.
*Fairy and elf folk live and dance within their forest land, with a elegant glass/tree thin tower surrounded by smaller homes, where Queen and her Fae live.
*A little hut where a grandma lives, awaiting her dearest granddaughter Red Riding Hood to come with some sweets (Or, Sims version could be Missy Blue Cape or something), but the forest path is full of danger and mysterious wolf howls, she would have to venture through werewolf den to reach her grandma!
*Prince Frog resides in his swamp, awaiting that curious girl who dares to come close and tempt fate! Toadstools, house in a swamp, and other comforts for Frogs and swamp people alike.
*A Castle stands in the distance, with medieval folk tending to their gardens, living a simple life, and tell tales of mysterious beings seen in the forest, swamp, and fae woods. There will be superstitious folk with their own remedies to these fairytales, to either summon or repel them, and pass on knowledge to their children.

What do you think?
I could add some more ideas to the list as well. I really love the idea of living in these fairytale lands, the air of mystery and superstition, and wandering through woods to find magical dancing beings with wings, or growling hairy beasts, running on their hindlegs through thick bushes.

Comments

• Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    i think it sounds real nice o:)
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    i think it sounds real nice o:)

Thank you! I hope this idea sticks, because there's lots that can be added. Fairies and werewolves, but also fun new world with magical locales, and new hobby things like amulet-making, nectar making (fairies and villagers and monarchs), etc. I'm still brainstorming on specifics. xD
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I would adore this!! I can imagine the CAS and build mode items now! I need!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sounds an awful like what I imagine the Realm of Magic to be like.
    Medieval Fantasy, King Arthur, Merlin, creatures out in the forests.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I agree! I do hope Realm of Magic will be similar, but it is a Game pack therefore I don't know how much they'd be able to implement. Personally, I imagine Realm of Magic to be medieval, with wizard towers, spooky graves, and mystical alchemy taverns. Thats on "spooky" side of world, like 1-2 neighborhoods, and on rest it will be lighthearted.Wiith beautiful birch trees, villages, an old good witch surrounded by people that love her. Mmm and I do hope for other aspects, but I doubt they'll add fairies and werewolves as well into game pack. Here's to hoping!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I agree! I do hope Realm of Magic will be similar, but it is a Game pack therefore I don't know how much they'd be able to implement. Personally, I imagine Realm of Magic to be medieval, with wizard towers, spooky graves, and mystical alchemy taverns. Thats on "spooky" side of world, like 1-2 neighborhoods, and on rest it will be lighthearted.Wiith beautiful birch trees, villages, an old good witch surrounded by people that love her. Mmm and I do hope for other aspects, but I doubt they'll add fairies and werewolves as well into game pack. Here's to hoping!

Yeah, I mean I've been building my Sorcerer's Tower and working on how My sorcerer would evolve the tower into a chateau over the centuries
    I would imagine it would be Similar to Forgotten Hollow. Hopefully, this time the neighborhood is slightly larger, I would like a 64x64 lot (or bigger for my sorcerer's tower since I want him to have dominion over the village. And so yeah there is a Village surrounding the "Castle lot"

screen_shot_2019_07_12_at_12_07_36_pm_by_mphattyboi_ddbkoff-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOTc5ZDgzZTItYWJkYS00NGRlLWFjZTItZDk2YzkxZjYwZWI3XC9kZGJrb2ZmLTgwNmViOGI2LWEwYWEtNGYwNC04NDAyLTcwMDc0YzgwYjMyMi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.EdCNFQbS26zvFtk1RBwVzk8QQMoVsDrHvI6SM4YP3Ks

My sorcerer will be the one to deal the Magical items, Since he is the most powerful Magic user to ever live. People and other sorcerers, Witches, Wizards, Druids, Enchanters, Alchemists, good and evil alike will "come flocking to his cauldron crying "Spells, Lord Kaegan, Please!" and will he help them? Yes he does."

So since he'll have enchantments, potions and curses, etc, locked down in his tower.
    I think I'll keep my Village "Simple."
    Definitely a restaurant, maybe a Bakery/Cafe by morning, a Tavern by night.
    I'm hoping for a Blacksmithing skill and a Sword fighting skill. Sims don't even have to kill each other ( I know they unfortunately can't :( ) but the fight animation could simply end by the time one sim nearly finishes off the other sim by putting the sword to their neck or heart, and the loser surrenders. So a Smithery would be another shop. and then probably 2-3 other lots, would be houses and Barracks.

I think At least Werewolves could make a pack of their own, I mean all they'd have to o is copy the Vampire pack and gear it towards werewolves
    but a lot of the Vampire GP content, would work for a Werewolf Pack.

As for Elfish, (Elves & Faeries) It's possible... The only thing about the Realm of Magic is the cost of Spell Casting Animations, which I hoped they splurged on. But in CAS at least, witches, Sorcerers, enchanters, Alchemists features are the same as Humans, we already have green skin, if thats the kind of witch you wanted to play. My Sorcerer is essentially good to go he's just missing his magic powers. So are my werewolf family they're just missing the Werewolf trait. but yeah it's really magic animations they need to focus on, if they are able the could add a Elvish Life State to then create Elves and fairies, because they would be casting the same spells, Just slightly differently.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif