Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uni-sex clothing for non-transgender Sims

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Not sure If it's bug or deliberately implemented, but I find it unnecessary cluttering there are opposite gender clothing categories in CAS, even when their clothing preference is not tweaked/changed. Naturally, button option (as an example) of blouse and brassieres shouldn't be available for male-preferense male Sims. Maybe I'm just to nitpicky, but anyone think/feel the same way?

My suggestion: have the opposite gender clothing categories greyed out unless the gender preference is switched. Or just be "minimized" or whatvever. Another button could be implemented on the whole clothing menu interface for accessibility (like to instatantly switch clothing preference).

9JJe24c.png
znpmyrs.png
NNpYlHF.jpg
Post edited by DragonCat159 on

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm a little confused as to what this is about. Is it about the masculine and feminine tagging? I don't see any blouses or bras in my "masculine" sim's CAS.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I agree with Cupid, not sure what you're getting at, I only see female clothes if the preference filter is feminine, and male clothes if it's set to masculine. Unless some of my cc is tagged for both preferences. But as far as in game EA clothing I don't see the two mix unless I turn the filter off with exception of a small few items like the Moschino sweater.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    honestly i do not get the point of this topic since it mostly do not change the way i play filters or no filters each players are free to create there sims the way they went.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    You can use the filter to select only Masculine or Feminine clothing.

Some clothing items, especially custom content items, use shading and wrinkles that very clearly suggest either female or male body parts. In those cases, it makes sense to have a Masculine and a Feminine version of the same clothing item.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I dont see it in my game other than most of male hair is tagged as female too and now in my game most townies are generated with boyish haircuts.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    To clarify: there are categories (clothing categories, not clothing themselves) that don't really belong, like blouses and brassieres, even when male clothing preference is set to male. (I can post a screenshot to make my point clear) Of course, while the catalog for these categories is empty since they're automatically set to masculine, I still think they could have gone better as those hidding these unnecessary categories. Like imagine If you're creating adult, the menu was filled with children and pet clothing. You cannot 'select' them, nothing biggy, but that would make it pretty useless. Same goes for transgender thing If you don't intend to create such a Sim in the first place. Perhaps "masculinity/femininity" tags could be outside an instead on categories themselves (or just seperate, whatever makes it 'intuitieve'

You know? There pointlessly there. I do get and understand If they choose to ignore this suggestion (doesn't really ruin the game; not the end of the world), but I thought "hey maybe they'll consider fixing it".

TL;DR Talking about clothing categories not clothing: how these could have a gender tag (masculinity/femininity like clothing do. Determines when they show up or not.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh okay, I get what you're talking about now. I've never used those filters tbh so I guess that's why I hadn't noticed.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yeah.
    honestly i do not get the point of this topic since it mostly do not change the way i play filters or no filters each players are free to create there sims the way they went.
    My suggestion isn't hindering anyone ability to create transgender or non-transgender Sims. I just think it should be more convenient if those categories didn't show up during default creation, with the compesation of maybe including quick-button for dropboxing back those options (without having to reach back to gender setting panel).

I would post a screenshot, but I can't show up in one picture: since switching between clothing and name/trait/age/walk style interface closes one another.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yeah.
    My suggestion isn't hindering anyone ability to create transgender or non-transgender Sims. I just think it should be more convenient if those categories didn't show up during default creation, with the compesation of maybe including quick-button for dropboxing back those options (without having to reach back to gender setting panel).

I would post a screenshot, but I can't show up in one picture: since switching between clothing and name/trait/age/walk style interface closes one another.

Hasn't it been that way since release? I don't remember the UI changing in CAS between male and female sims. I think it would be a lot more work to hide them than it probably is worth.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Felicity wrote: »
    Yeah.

Hasn't it been that way since release? I don't remember the UI changing in CAS between male and female sims. I think it would be a lot more work to hide them than it probably is worth.
    I don't know. I wasn't around since way before the introduction of gender customization update.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Yeah.

I don't know. I wasn't around since way before the introduction of gender customization update.

I'm almost positive it's always been like that. Even the swimwear category has all the choices, though most of them are empty. It's just the way the UI is designed.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It's always been like that.