Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 3 things from each game that you like, and would like to see come back

Let's play a game! Imagine if you could have literally any feature from previous games in Sims 4, or in a future version of Sims, and include which features of Sims 4 are your favorites too! After that, if you have any ideas on how features could be combined, that'd be awesome too!

Sims 1:

-Pet skills. You might think, we kinda already have that, what do you mean? I loved the ability for pets (dogs AND cats) to do different tricks according to their trick level (cats could play piano!), and the addition of the hunting skills which helped with household pests that popped up and the obedience skills were awesome.
-Finance page. If you clicked on the household funds, a summary of their financial history of the last week would pop up, and would show other things like how long they'd owned the house, total income, etc..
-Baby dragons. I cannot stress how much I loved them enough, they were so cute! Depending on how you took care of the egg you bought from a vendor in the Magic world, you could get one of three different kinds of dragons. One was good, one was ok, and the last one was very naughty and would constantly try to set your house on fire. All three would try to fly, and would eat flowers you had planted around the yard.

Sims 2:

-Wants and Fears. When you did what your Sims wanted, they;d gain points. When you caused something that they feared to happen, they'd lose points. Made it a bit of a challenge, but added realism and there were a bunch of awesome reward objects you could get for that.
-Memories. This has to be one of my favorite memory features they've ever done, where they didn't have a limit of memories (like in Sims 3) and they'd actually think about and remember things that happened to them, whether good or bad. No, it wasn't perfect and didn't capture everything you possibly could've wanted as a memory, but it got all the big stuff like promotions, marriage, kids, and maxing skills and meeting people/making best friends.
-Ordering a variety of food and groceries. You had to stay on top of your Sims' food situation, because they'd run out and you'd either have to order food/groceries from the phone or sell the fridge and buy a new one. (Please note: Real refridgerators do not come with food). There are so many little things like this still missing from Sims 4, which would either make it more challenging or realistic.

Sims 3:

-Omniplants. Whatever you fed to it, you'd eventually grow a crop of. Books? You got it. Fish? Probably? It has so many possibilities, and could be really useful in Sims 4 since you can't buy books you wrote like in Sims 3 (another feature that's awesome in 3), because it'd give you a few copies I think.
-Opportunities. Random, career, skill related, they provided opportunities for advancement if you chose to accept them. They added a little variety to the world.
-Favorites. It was just simple stuff like color, food, and music type, but you could make your sims have a little more uniqueness to them (or make them all love the same thing).

Sims 4:

-Collectible pages. It's so cool to be able to see what kind of collectibles there are in the game so you can go look for them.
-CAS. Really, the amount of individuality you can give your Sims in this game is PHENOMENAL. You can sculpt them to look however you want, and the ability to dress them in whatever, whenever really gives them a flair of their own.
-Calendar. The calendar from Seasons is amazing, in that it gives a weather forcast for that week (I wish it would be a little more unpredictable though!), AND allows you to create your own holidays and schedule events and choose whether or not Sims go to work/school or stay home on those days.

Really, there's so much more than these for each game!

-Burglars (1-3 + spin-offs), Hidden worlds/locations (2 & 4), Rocketships (4), detailed showdog obstacle course (Pet Stories spin-off), Interests (1-2 + spin offs), Traits (3), customizable age lengths (3), swatches for different parts of objects, like countertops/bases, bed frames/bedding (2), Wacky and unique NPCs (1 & 2), biographies (1-3 + spin-offs), Personality points (1-2 + spin-offs)...

One idea is a combination of personality points and traits together, where you set the points for how they'd act on their own and give them traits too, and have the option to randomize lifetime wishes/aspirations/traits/points.
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sorry, but isn't this just another thread about what Sims 4 is lacking?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    The sims 1
    Bigger allowance of cruel or violent humor.

The sims 2

Pooh.. Everything? The music, world editing/adding, background stories of townies, memories and attraction system etc. etc. etc.

The sims 3
    Open world and Cast

The sims 4
    Multitasking and smooth routing/interactions
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Sorry, but isn't this just another thread about what Sims 4 is lacking?

Not particularly. The good features of TS4 are being discussed as well. This is a post to focus on the positives of each game and appreciate each of their qualities.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited July 2019
    Choosing only three things was so hard! There are so many positives I could decide from. I never owned Sims 1, so I can't comment but...

Sims 2:

- More difficultly in career chance cards, as well as a greater variety of different careers to choose from. In TS2, there was a greater chance of risk and success when choosing between chance card options. The risk of being fired or demoted so easily really added some much-needed drama to the game and I really miss it!
    - The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker, Burglars, old Mrs Crumplebottom and other NPCs like the Unsavoury Charlatan. They added so much life and humour!
    - Personality points, turn on/offs and interest points for a variety of topics that actually affected how sims responded to one another in conversation and could affect how easily they formed relationships.

Sims 3:

- Bug collecting across all worlds.
    - All the tiny collectable pets and wildlife that came with TS3 Pets. Lizards, birds etc. and seeing racoons and deer wandering about in the background was a beautiful touch.
    - Less to do with the whole game itself, but I really miss the dynamic feel of worlds like Bridgeport where you'd get different hotspots for clubs each night.

Sims 4:

- Build&Buy mode! This feature is so much easier in TS4! I don't build big lots in the other games anymore because I can't live without the copy/paste function or being able to pick up and move a whole room. Plus the search bar makes my life so much easier.
    - The art style and visual effects. It's clean, colourful, there's none of those grainy textures from TS3 and it feels like a neater, more up-to-date version of TS2.
    - Being able to switch aspirations. I can be indecisive and it's nice to give something new for my sim to aim for in life after completing an old one. Plus with more experience and aspirations completed, your sims can gain more traits over their lifetime which is how life works irl.

edit: typos!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Sims 1
    - Macking Magic: thisis the pack that really got me hooked when I just owned the base game and the first EP, living large. I liked the magic spells, the duels and most importantly pet dragons

sims 2
    Very hard to stick to 3 with this version. So I will use those slots which I could not fill with sims 1 and 3 because these are all important features to me.
    - the memory system. I enjoyed looking at them and could relive the life of my sim. Sims actually had memories, they remembered their past. In sims 4 there is nothing but present which makes the sims feel very shallow.
    - the ability to add sub neighbours of specific packs to a save. If you wanted a game with the City of nightlife attached you could. It would also help to keep the game playable because you only have those lots and sims you want in your current save.
    - doing groceries because your fridge could become empty. Food doesn't magically appear. Actually buying clothes instead of just getting them for free. These are little touches that add a lot of realism to sims who are building up their lives.
    - community lots that you can turn into whatever you want. No need to choose from a list. Visitors would use any available item and the player could create any type of commercial lot they could imagine.
    - the amount of occults and the possibility to combine them. A vampire robot, it is possible. A werewolf learning witchcraft, it is possible. Zombie aliens, it is possible. All without the need of mods.
    -

sims 3
    - color wheels. I rarely used create a pattern but changing colour to get items to match was great
    - the number of traits and preferences to create unique sims

sims 4
    - the filter system in cas. If you want to use a comfortable everyday dress as a night gown, you can. No mods needed.
    - the visual style. The game looks great, the best visuals of the series so far
    - buildmmode with rooms
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Sims 3
    -Imaginary Friends! I love them so much, they were the best. I loved having a playmate for my child sims that grew up with them and could be made real. I've even tried looking for mods for this to get them back into Sims 4 XD
    -Buying your own books :D It was always neat being able to buy and have a copy of any books your sim wrote and pass them on to the family to read down the line.
    -Controlable pets! It felt like you could really see and use their personalities in the game.

Sims 4
    -The world and lot system: This is one of my favourites for sims, it makes things much more playable for me, we can travel to any of the maps, it's easy to invite people along, quick and easy to load. The lot traits makes things so customizable as well.
    -Buile Mode and CAS are stunning! This game is gorgeous to play and look at and allows max creativity.
    -The vampire level up system! They make for such a dynamic playthrough and so customizable. There are so many combinations you can do too and allows for lots of storytelling.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sims 1: unapologized dark humor.
    Music, finance page.
    Sims 2: live mode that wasn't so micromanaged. Wants and fears. Attraction system.
    Sims 3: open world. Color wheel. Newspaper.
  • Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    1) The ability to customize of the world layout like Sims 2 - lay different size lots, different type of terrain & foliage, etc.
    2) All things stairs: circular stairs, stairs with landings, stairs at 45 angles, stairs with sweeping base
    3) Shorter eating time - meals take too long! 2 hours to eat cereal?
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • Options
    QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    1) the silly stuff you can buy (like the scuba tank and skydive machine), all of the makin' magic stuff, I think now I'd like the challenge but as a kid I always cheated haha
    2) I'll be honest, I don't remember this one as well
    3) open neighborhoods, fire fighter career (which was my favorite), how much control you had over designing furniture- I feel like I'm so limited because I always want my woods to match! also more complicated fishing/gardening system
    4) multi-tasking, major control and options in CAS, beauty of the game
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sims 1:
    • Torch
    • Pyrite
    • Burnie
    Honorable mentions: transformation spells, Magic Town, Drew Carey, the ability to create garden gnomes, and the Sky Scorcher Fireworks Kit.

Sims 2:
    • The ability to design neighborhoods completely. (I know we'll never get this though, RIP.)
    • Vacation memories/souvenirs
    • Hobbies
    Honorable mentions: Zombies, personality points, sub-neighborhoods, custom paintings, memorable townies, better apartments, and the Resurrect-o-Nomitron.

Sims 3:
    • Small pets (lizards, birds)
    • Hotels
    • The video camera and movies from Generations
    Honorable mentions: proper diving, ice cream trucks, body hair, meaningful traits, and having favorite colors, music and food

The Sims 4:
    • The calendar system
    • The art style
    • Build Mode's conveniences, which will make going back to previous games very difficult
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    It's been a really long time since I've played 1 or 2, but my favorite things from all the games are:

Sims 1:
    -Makin' Magic
    I'm really excited for this new pack that is being teased for Sims 4.

Sims 2:
    -Memories!
    I thought this was such a neat little feature, I miss it a lot

Sims 3:
    -Body Hair
    Oh, how I miss the body hair that came with Supernatural.
    -Hair Options
    Being able to customize the color of every single hairstyle was really fun!

Sims 4:
    -Build Mode
    Honestly a godsend. Makes building so so so much easier. I used to never build in the previous games.
    -Multi-tasking
    So helpful.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    The Sims
    - Model career
    - Cake dancer
    - Finance page

The Sims 2
    - Wants and Fears
    - Memory system
    - Turn ons and Turn offs

The Sims 3
    - Color wheel
    - Hairstyles with highlights
    - Open world

The Sims 4
    - Club system
    - Calender system
    - Lot traits
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    1. Werewolves
    2. Fairies
    3. Genies
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2019
    1. NPC characters that kept you on your toes.
    2. Memory system/family tree. I haven’t seen a valid reason why this wasn’t added to TS4.
    3. Transportation. I get it loading screens, but we had them in TS2 and it was just fine. We have a decent amount of space in the neighborhoods to ride bikes around too.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    This sounds fun!

The sims 1:
    humor
    volleyball
    magicians duel

The sims 2:
    memory system
    the military reward - an obstacle course
    dining out system

The sims 3:
    Color wheel
    cars
    university - especially going to class

The sims 4:
    yoga
    rocketship
    vacuum cleaner - roomba (I love the cat riding on this)

Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Open world
    Cinematics (from Sims 2)
    Kids playing tag (from Sims 1)
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited July 2019
    Great thread, OP!

Sims 1:
    -Magician duels
    -Model Career

Sims 2:
    -Attraction System/Turn Offs & Turn Ons
    - Fury: It was always so fun when a Sim was angry at my Sim. Cheating, fighting, and so many other things could trigger an angry Sim. There was that timer, and that Sim would be furious at your Sim until the timer ran out and they made it their mission in life to make your Sim's life a nightmare, coming over daily to knock over your trashcan, steal your newspaper, (basically dropping your environment score).
    - Cool NPC's: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker, Diva/Mr. Big, Headmaster for Private School, that pickpocket dude (forgot his name), and The Garden Club
    - Actual Hybrids: I loved that Sims could be half alien and half werewolf or whatever combination you could come up with. Let's just say I had some very interesting looking Sim children.
    - Open For Business: The entire EP

Sims 3:
    - Create-A-Style
    - Babies untied from cribs w/accessories & toddler accessories: I used to love to have the stroller and take my baby out for a walk. The swing object for the baby & playpen/walker for my toddlers were must-haves lol.
    - Singer/Band: One of my favorite things to do was to have my Sim as a singer or in a band and put on performances.
    - Real Estate: I liked being able to own more than 1 property

Sims 4:
    -Calendar
    -Multitasking
    -Build Mode: I couldn't build in any of the previous Sims versions. I'm still not the best builder, but the build system is a lot easier in this version and I can actually build halfway decent now.
    -Travel to Any World
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Sims 1) From what I remember, it's been a long time: Magic Town.
    2) Memories, occult characters (robots, zombies, Bigfoot, and most of all, werewolves), and wackier townies/NPCs
    3) didn't play much
    Medieval: more adult themes-drunkard Sims, more careers, the ability to kill each other in a sword fight, the Pit Beast, and a bunch of fascinating storylines (okay, that's more than 3)
    4) The overall look and feel of everything, jobs my Sims actually go to, and deeper, more fleshed out occults (Vampires!)
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Sims1 * Bonehilda
    Sims2 * To be able to create worlds
    Sims3 * didn't play it
    Sims4 * Strangerville, I had so much fun. I didn't new there was a Strangerville Aspiration so I just had a Strangerville flavored "Normal" gameplay and it was a crazier and much longer adventure than what other players got. It was a PLANT the one who told me I had to go to the crater...
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    1. Open worlds
    2. Color wheels, (to be able to pick colors for objects & clothes so the match better))
    3. More places to build

Not sure which these were in, maybe all Sims 3, because it is the one with the most things to do in.
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh yikes. I haven't played the older Sims in many years. Shall we see if I remember things from the older games. There is probably plenty others and likely things I'd like more than some of these.

The Sims:
    1. Budget page
    2. Prank calls
    3. Humor

The Sims 2 (So many things here)
    1. Fury! I want sims to be able to be extra mean and angry towards specific sims.
    2. Chemistry. Such as Turn ons/offs
    3. Memories

The Sims 3
    1. Favorites
    2. Create a style/Colour wheel
    3. Distinctive traits
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    As for TS1 budget/finance page, did TS2 also have it at launch, but then they later removed it? Can someone corroborate, or maybe I just imagined the whole thing?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I change my opinion on the Bonehilda. The Sims 4 have one, I unlocked "her" today.