Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move over San Myshuno townies...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Sounds like only the names are dealt with, nothing about odd attire. Time will tell...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed.

From today's patch; does this mean no more ugly CL/IL townies? Is the townie invasion finally over?

I think so. better late than never.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    They need to add an option in game settings to select what type of culture sims being randomly generated will spawn with, and it would effect names and clothing. If I want to fully immerse myself in Strangerville or Sulani, then let me select townies that generate specifically for those worlds. If I want to turn Oasis Springs into BollyWood/Middle-Eastern then the Indian/Arabic things from City Living and the new Arabic update will spawn on townies. If I want to turn San Myshuno into Tokyo or a Chinese-inspired city, then only the Eastern-Asian things from City Living and the Chinese New Year update will generate. If I have Jungle Adventure and want to turn Oasis Springs into Mexico, then I should be able to toggle townies only generating with names and outfits from that pack. If I want to focus on Windenburg and pretend I'm in Europe, then sims should only spawn with European names. And if I just want to play in Willow Creek and pretend my sim is an American in New Olreans, I should be able to toggle off all cultural names all-together and just have things generating that are specific to American and African-American culture.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I'd rather have Island Living townies now, something new, than see one more CL townie name. It might not be so bad if they were not so repetitive, but when you have multiple townies all named the same CL name it gets frustrating.
    There needs to be some kind of option implemented to do something about the townies. An equal amount from each pack/culture. Instead of
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I noticed two sims on the acting set had nearly identical names so I went and looked at the names for all those on the lot:
    Masato Suzuki
    Masato Sasaki
    Kengo Sasaki
    Shingo Sakamoto
    Houda Ichmauin
    Maki Yamamoto
    Aarav Savalani
    Britney Skinner
    Siya Ramesh
    Averie Guevara
    Mehdi Al Arabi
    Navya Chandran
    Izumi Mori
    Kent Cole
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Move over Sulani townies, Glimmerbrook townies have taken over
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed.

From today's patch; does this mean no more ugly CL/IL townies? Is the townie invasion finally over?

It took them... what (double checking):
    Two Years And Ten (10!!!) Months to fix a bug that was reported week 1 of release of City Living. Either they are really really bad at coding, or they are WAY more interested in selling more stuff than fixing bugs.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

It took them... what (double checking):
    Two Years And Ten (10!!!) Months to fix a bug that was reported week 1 of release of City Living. Either they are really really bad at coding, or they are WAY more interested in selling more stuff than fixing bugs.

it still continues to generate at least IL townie names to fill in roles outside of Sulani, so I decided to keep my mod in.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png