Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a bug??

I'm not sure is i missed something but my celebs bought a nice getaway on Sulani and all was going well...untill out of nowhere a paparazzi just barged into their house without permission to harass them with his camera! i also had other cases where sims just barge into my house without my permission (even sims that my family never even met) and it is really starting to annoy me greatly!

i don't mind friends or premades i like to drop by but i don't want those stupid random generated pears to now also invade my private lot! they already pretty much infest the world and now i am not even rid of them in my own home??? and paparazzi as well? that's where i draw the line -.- locked the doors for now but that also means my friends can no longer drop by -.-

not sure if this is normal or a bug but yeah… major drawback for me to this otherwise amazing new area!

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    It sounds like it. I've had paps cross the front gate and go into the yard and stuff but I've never seen them enter the actual house uninvited
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    @Cupid and do your sims live in the new world? i haven't seen this happen in the other worlds yet, just in Sulani
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited June 2019
    If you use the Celebrity Home or Private Dwelling lot traits, do they help?

I have regular Sulani townies barging in on regular Sulani lots in my game.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Random townies entering your house uninvited is considered a "feature" in Sulani. It is supposed to show what a friendly and welcoming community it is. I haven't had a celebrity live there yet, so don't know about the paps.

Friends are acceptable, but not random strangers. I find it rude.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Random townies entering your house uninvited is considered a "feature" in Sulani. It is supposed to show what a friendly and welcoming community it is. I haven't had a celebrity live there yet, so don't know about the paps.

Friends are acceptable, but not random strangers. I find it rude.

But their also entering generic lots uninvited and goodbye won't get them to leave.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    so it is a feature....fricking marvelous -.- now i am not even safe from those aggrevating pearshaped freaks in my own house >.< and yeah paparazzi also just barge into your house... fun expansions pack but this is a major blowback for me since i dislike the random generated fodder sims being way too dominant in this game hence why i stick mostly to my home lot nowadays..and now that vermin can also enforce themselves onto me on my own private lot?? bad call EA, bad BAD call!

I would have liked this a lot if only premades/housed sims would drop by and the lot was still off limits for the filthy scum called the paparazzi! because a lot of Island communities like this are quite welcoming people irl as well hence why i already had my suspicions that this was not a bug but an actual gameplay mechanic. too bad it is just another way for that random generated trash to even dominate your own house!

well...guess i gotta get rid of celebrities in Sulani then -.- or lock my doors for everyone because i refuse to have that random generated trash hanging around in my house like they own the place and to have the paparazzi pester me all day long >.< what a headache!!!
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

@DanmanNefarius I'm just quoting this in case you missed it. I can't say the Private Dwelling did much for my sims house in Ohan'ali town. Pretty much just stopped the "extra food" event from happening, randoms still made themselves at home. Forgot to ask where on Sulani your house is? I have a house on that island lot on Mua Pel'am, and I only see a couple of swimmers, maybe a fisherman or 2. Don't even have Private Dwelling on that lot. Might be worth a try
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Kathykins wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »

@DanmanNefarius I'm just quoting this in case you missed it. I can't say the Private Dwelling did much for my sims house in Ohan'ali town. Pretty much just stopped the "extra food" event from happening, randoms still made themselves at home. Forgot to ask where on Sulani your house is? I have a house on that island lot on Mua Pel'am, and I only see a couple of swimmers, maybe a fisherman or 2. Don't even have Private Dwelling on that lot. Might be worth a try

on Mua Pel'am they will also just barge in if they feel like it, although it is less frequent than on the other isles... might give celebrity home a try later on... i already started another game with no celebs because well... the endless fans and paparazzi non-stop on my tail is what made me avoid celebrity status and areas alltogether atm. and locking doors for anyone but Household does the trick anyways because i also pretty much avoid knowing anyone outside my own Household these days as well because of those obnoxious phonecalls every day again…
    4a1B9X6.png
    atm i am playing with the Behr sisters. Yuki is trying out the new marine biologist career while Candy is fully enjoying the beach life...but should she have eaten that weird kelp Yuki recently found in a cave…??? she didn't remember growing a fishtail when swimming!!! but boy did her singing voice improve...and she is now such a fast swimmer!!! ohh well... cool! ^_^

edit: I merely changed her outfits and hairstyle...but Candy really looks a bit like Shakira with her current look! She is so gorgeous with merely a better outfit and hairdo! and she already was a pretty sim, but i never realized how much her premade look diminished her!
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2019
    Btw, there is a bug where NPCs invade homes (I don't have IL but I have had NPCs march inside my sims' home uninvited, & I'm not talking about vampires); the report is here. You'll see that crinrict merged a number of threads.

Thanks to @SPARKY1922 for her post on this forum about the bug and to @Nindigo for making the bug report. :wink:

eta: Some of the posters in that thread report that the Private Dwelling lot trait doesn't stop the invasion. If you've run into this bug, please 'me too' at the link above. :smile:
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’ve had a similar issue with townies entering a generic lot i was using on sulani and not leaving, I don’t have get famous so there wasn’t any paparazzi. It was really frustrating so i ended up moving my family to sulani and adding the private dwelling trait to the lot to avoid any further townies