Ok, I know there are tons of threads like this and I have browsed through many to get ideas, but they do not get a lot of comments or show repetitive lot ideas. Now we all know the basic EA lot types, but I want to go a bit further then that and put lots in my game that provide for a wider game play experience. I have seen many nice ideas here and also came up with some myself, so i will share some of my ideas for anyone who needs inspiration.
- Resort for wealthy/famous sims with Sulani inspired huts on the water incl. a yoga studio on stilts. A tropical pool on the edge of the ocean.
- An open beach club with pillows and bean bags on the beach surrounded by lanterns and lights. An open bar behind, near or on a beach and a perfect lot for campers to pop their tent during the night.
- A fish market. Near the ocean and fishing spots where fishers can park their boat at a harbor (stilt on water) and come to land to sell their fish on the flee market table from City Living. Could do the same for local fruits and vegetables for farmers. It could work as a local bazaar.
For Willow Creek (Family neighborhood)
- Coffee and internet café in one. I got inspired by Starbucks where there are outside benches side of the building to sit and drink your coffee. It has multiple floor levels as well. There is a sitting area with the view to outside or facing the windows where sims sit side to side with their laptop to work on school/work/skill stuff.
- Day care for children and toddlers. This place is a playground for them as well as a place for skill building activities. There is a craft corner inside, a playground outside for toddlers and kids, a place to potty train and sleeping corners for them to rest. It is also a nice meet up place for a moms club to socialize and expand your children's friend group. On the playground there is a pick nick table, balloons and party decorations to host a birthday party. There is a pile of gifts side of the table for the birthday kid to open. There is also place to bring a cake to the party!
- School/after school activity center. This building is perfect for kids or teens to go to after school to meet other sims and work on their hobbies and skills. There are classrooms and every room has a different theme or category. Some rooms/classes are: cafeteria, science lab, scouting/gardening area, music class includes the puppet show for kids, playground with a basketball court, craft/art room where isles are placed in a circle facing an object to paint.
- Ice cream truck. I got this one from the gallery and I think it was GENIUS! It is a made icecream truck from all kind of BB objects. It serves as a restaurant and you can only order icecream. Your sims take place at one of the cute sitting areas outside of the truck. It's a fun hang out or dating spot for teens as well!
- Since this world has a lot of great historical buildings from a very talented creator of the gallery, I wanted to keep this vibe going. It gives me true Europe feels with all his amazing lots! So I decided to add a nostalgic toy store around the square where sims can come with their family/kids to buy gifts for Winterfest. It is decorated with Winterfest decor, mainly wooden windows/doors and a bunch of fun toys for children to look their eyes out! Bring your sims to this toy store to buy the best Winterfest gifts that you can later exchange as gift giving on the day of celebration.
- Camping lot. In the country side of Winderburg there is a giant lot where I build a camping area. There are tents hidden under big trees that provide shadow for them. There is a bar and cafeteria area with a forest styled house on top of it for the land owners (imaginary as it is actually my dream land and concept). There are public toilets and outdoor showers for the camping guests. In front of the bar area, there is also a community lounge area with a giant lantern tree in the middle of the lot. Under that tree there are nice lounge pillows. Some outdoor activities are also spread across that lot, but overall it is a very natural and basic camping experience for your sims!
For Magnolia Promenade
- This area contains only hotels and restaurants and is not for residential living in my game. An idea for one of the lots is to make it an office block where sims can come to pretend working in any of the active careers they have. If your sims works in the social media/writing or programming career, the office block could be perfect as your sims can fullfill social or computer tasks on the lot. Making co-workers clubs and visit this office block all together opens up even more creativity within this section. The office block is a big building with multiple floors that all contain different offices(some empty spaces) for rent/use for all kinds of professions. There is a regular (computer+work desks) office, an art studio, stylist/photography studio, kitchen courses for the chefs to practise, drama club theater, political convention room, health clinic and science lab to work on skills.
There are a lot more lot ideas. For example in my world of Oasis Springs, but I will leave some ideas to you guys as well
Hope to expand my creativity with your ideas or existing lots as well!
Visit for sims 4 CC, win
a gamepack and many more must-haves