Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaid Premades

Hello Friends!

I have not purchased island living yet since school has me poor of both money and time. I was curious about the premade mermaids that come with the game. I know the mermaid Nalani from the trailer wanders the world, but are there others? Who are they? What do they look like?

There’s lots of information about the families living in homes on Sulani, but none about the “homeless” premades that shipped with the game, and I assume the mermaid townies are part of that category. Any help would be appreciated! I love learning about the townies that come with a new world.

Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    There are for sure a few mermaids in town that I have seen, can't remember the names, but they are there, since I saw them swimming, merman AND mermaids.
    You can't really tell who is a mermaid and who isn't, which I like.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited June 2019
    I've found these, first 2 are in everyones game:

YPEAiDM.png

The third and last one I think are randomly generated.

Edit: ohh better pic of the 3 premades:

LKSsyWN.png
    Nalani, Ukupanipo and Kalamainu'u
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Amazing! Thank you so much!

I knew there had to be a few more. I'm glad they aren't all just randomly generated.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm guessing there will be randomly generated mermaids if you move a premade into your household, like I've done with Ukupanipo (he's a great sim, high fitness but eats like a pig :p ) I haven't played Nalani or Kala (yet!) Since they are in hidden households, I don't think you can start playing them without cheats/MCCC
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I love Kalamainu'u bodytype, she's adorable. More of sims like this please.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2019
    I added Nalani to the household through cheats but then split the household and moved her out on her own so she had her own place. I'm guessing she's part of a hidden household.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can't start with those mermaids, but you can easily become friends with them (once you find them) and then ask them to move in. that's what i did with nalani, then moved her out into a house of her own, similar to finvola

and yeah, it seems like the game will spawn another random mermaid if you do move one out of the hidden households. here's a shot of the five mermaids in my game currently (there will be more... oh yes, there will be more...). three premades, the 'evil' one i created to hunt sims that despoil his island (the green-haired one) and the random blond one that seems to have been made to replace nalani when i moved her into a house. i don't think he's going to last long. awfully kind of him to volunteer to become a mermaid ghost for me... (i'm also annoyed that he has the same name as my own created mermaid. he took that name fair and square from a sim he drowned)
    1b3335000e5a44168876b1664de21dff.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    I didn't know you could create them and put them into the world. I'm off to have a play with that.
    I saw Ukupanipo at one of my resorts, I didn't know he was a merman as he's got legs. I'll need to investigate this further.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Nelani tends to work at the bar as a bartender and if you place restaurents a host.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I love Kalamainu'u bodytype, she's adorable. More of sims like this please.

She's an evil lizard goddess but yeah I like her looks.😁
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Nelani tends to work at the bar as a bartender and if you place restaurents a host.

It seems the game wants you to notice them ;). In my game she was unemployed but Kalamainu'u sells food in the food stand when she's not actively polluting (she's an anti-enviromentalist and walks around throwing trash on the ground on purpose in my game)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member

It seems the game wants you to notice them ;). In my game she was unemployed but Kalamainu'u sells food in the food stand when she's not actively polluting (she's an anti-enviromentalist and walks around throwing trash on the ground on purpose in my game)

Nalani's a vendor in like, all of my saves for some reason. And Kalamainu'u, is she coded to be an anti-environmentalist? She was in, again, all of my saves thus far and in a few LPs I've seen on youtube, what's her deal? You'd think a mermaid would have a vested interest in keeping the planet healthy...
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i think the game tends to use the mermaids for those roles so frequently because at the start, there aren't such a large number of sims associated with sulani (and many of the premades there already have roles assigned to them)

nalani and kalamainu'u both were stall vendors in my game, though i'd made nalani playable quite early on and gave her a house of her own. i also added 5 non-islander sims to two different households, made sure all the existing households had the islander hidden trait (none did at the start...) and added a few more sims with the islander trait to be townies for me, as well as several more mermaid townies, and...with all that, i've yet to see any of the mermaids be anti-conservationists, fish poachers or litterbugs

the game likes to use the younger of my two beach bums as an anti-conservationist. and 'lava man', too (maxis sim, slightly edited and moved into the chieftain household). but what really surprised me was seeing makoa (premade conservationist) show up multiple times as an anti-conservationist... so, when he's not doing his job he's...out there complaining about other people doing his job?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Just recently I saw one of the premade mermaids - a merman, as a bouncer at one of the celebrity locations.

66950376_1318472274969731_3267673249793703936_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkIUypBZ7JnUcERgoT334KI5mdP7WK5iurvfkVreExTy8C3OZhHKio1KpaSGyqTBgd07TRKAsF1TbmSarXpE4sv&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=863b808b5fdb90b88d4bf0527798496f&oe=5DB8C11B