Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing Maxis CAS/Buy Items

Hello! :)

I know there are mods out there that hide certain Maxis items but I'm reaching out to see if there is a way to actually remove items from the game. TS3 base game runs amazingly for me but when I installed 4 expansion packs (World Adventures, Night Life, Ambitions and Seasons) it caused my game to be slightly laggy even in CAS and the infamous 5-8 minute load screen. I could get past that, but the biggest issue for me is the clothing options like the outerwear options and the horribly implemented accessories. It irks me seeing the strapless wedding dress as an option for outerwear, and certain shoes removed from being an option- a horrible system! Onto the accessories, the biggest issue is the work clothing options are very limited as well. You can only choose from limited and randomized options and sometimes nurses will get the Seasons hockey mask accessory and you can't remove it! :s You can only recolor it. So these things make me want to just remove items from the game to make CAS very simple.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. <3

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    We can't remove EP/SP CAS parts entirely without removing the entire packs themselves. What we can do is blacklist those parts so they stop showing up in CAS catalogs for player selection and change their options so that they are not Valid for Random (so inactives stop picking them up on their own) and/or change the categories for which they are to be used. It takes some work, though.

One way is to use NRaas Dresser together with MasterController to devise an InvalidParts (or ValidParts) blacklist or whitelist, one or the other but not both. There are tutorials that can help that I cannot reach right now, but also players at NRaas who may be able to assist as needed. Another way is to use EasyCASP Editor, which is much easier to work with as its name implies, but it only functions on Patch 1.67 installs and not on Origin/1.69, Steam, or the Mac version of the game.

On the nurses in hockey masks, is that a custom career? There is no Nursing career included in the game. But anyway, I am surprised to hear that the career outfits' accessories are not reachable through Plan Outfit or CAS. Does the MasterController version of CAS or its Stylist function not open up the options to edit those career outfits once they are generated?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net