Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Returning player and a bit of help needed

Hello everyone!
Most of you will probably have no idea who I am. Last time I was on forums was during the Sims 3 era (which was my favorite btw). My favorite expansion was Supernatural (obviously) since I am mostly an occult player.
When Sims 4 was released I didn't want to give in due to many features missing, worse looking sims, tiny worlds, etc. but since I got it last week on Origin (when it was free), I decided to give it another shot and I'm hooked again.
I bought Vampires game pack (obviously) and I plan to get Island Living (Mermaids) and Get To Work (Aliens) in the future.
That's enough about me.

I need your help because I can't figure something out. I want to save my current household and start a new game. However, I can't find the option to save them to the gallery at all. I don't wanna lose my skills, money and family inventory.

Can you please help me with this if it is possible at all?

P.S. To all SimGurus: Make PlantSims permanent (and Ghost possible to create in CAS)!!!

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Iirc to save the family you need to go to CAS mode and save them in there. When they’re in your library you have an option to upload to gallery. Though money isn’t saved, I lost my sims money when I did it. They only had the original 20k started with
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hello everyone!
    Most of you will probably have no idea who I am. Last time I was on forums was during the Sims 3 era (which was my favorite btw). My favorite expansion was Supernatural (obviously) since I am mostly an occult player.
    When Sims 4 was released I didn't want to give in due to many features missing, worse looking sims, tiny worlds, etc. but since I got it last week on Origin (when it was free), I decided to give it another shot and I'm hooked again.
    I bought Vampires game pack (obviously) and I plan to get Island Living (Mermaids) and Get To Work (Aliens) in the future.
    That's enough about me.

I need your help because I can't figure something out. I want to save my current household and start a new game. However, I can't find the option to save them to the gallery at all. I don't wanna lose my skills, money and family inventory.

Can you please help me with this if it is possible at all?

P.S. To all SimGurus: Make PlantSims permanent (and Ghost possible to create in CAS)!!!

You save families/sims in CAS. I don't have my game going, but there should be a file folder icon (upper right corner), click it and chose to save to library (local, on your computer only - in the Tray folder in documents) or the gallery (Uploaded online to the gallery).

You will lose all their money and inventory items. Only the sims and their skills and careers will be the same in a new copy of them.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Iirc to save the family you need to go to CAS mode and save them in there. When they’re in your library you have an option to upload to gallery. Though money isn’t saved, I lost my sims money when I did it. They only had the original 20k started with

Yeah, I tested it and I lost all my money and perfect plants. :(

P.S. What a purrfect username. ;)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

You could always save their old lot to your gallery, place it the new game and move them in.
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Just start a new game. You can have more then one save after all. No need to worry about losing your family and their stuff that way. You can also rename your saves, which means you can name your current one after the family, so you know it's their save.

Load Game = shows your saves for you to pick from.
    New Game = brand new fresh copy of the worlds.
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    [...]Yeah, I tested it and I lost all my money and perfect plants.[...]
    Additionally to what has been said already, it's always a good idea to save your gardening progress as a room in form of seeds/fruits.
    Lfu2z1y.png
    That way you can use them in other saves or households.

• Options
    [...]Yeah, I tested it and I lost all my money and perfect plants.[...]
    Additionally to what has been said already, it's always a good idea to save your gardening progress as a room in form of seeds/fruits.
    Lfu2z1y.png
    That way you can use them in other saves or households.

Hmmm, never thought of that. Thank you, I will definitely check that out!!!

You could always save their old lot to your gallery, place it the new game and move them in.

But they won't be able to move in because they can't afford it when I start a new game?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @MilutinMujovic, if your not opposed to cheats there's one for getting a property for free. When you are moving a sim in and are at the world map you're moving them to open the cheats window (CTRL-SHIFT-C), type "testingcheats on" and when it's confirmed they're on type "freerealestate on". This will let your sim move in to any property on that world for free. You need to do this *before* moving them in, while the top of the map still says "moving <simname>".
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Another thing I think you could do; go into your current save and save as, give it a different name and it’ll duplicate. Then do what you want to do?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Another thing I think you could do; go into your current save and save as, give it a different name and it’ll duplicate. Then do what you want to do?

Yeah but all premades will be dead already since they aged up, moved on etc. :D
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

Yeah but all premades will be dead already since they aged up, moved on etc. :D
    Oh yeah. Maybe find them on the gallery and redownload them? I’ve never done this before, so I’m just taking guesses.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€