Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaid Sim Has No Face When Gender is Changed? (Edit: Fixed, read bottom comment)

lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
edited October 2022 in Mods Bugs & Issues
1c81ffc174aa67608e0c30d873337512.jpg

Wondering if anyone else has this problem. It only shows up on female mermaid Sims, strictly in their mermaid form. Is there any way to fix this? I have restarted the game, still have the issue.

Edit: It still shows up even with every face accessory removed. For some reason the face shows up on female mermaid sims downloaded from the gallery.

Edit #2: Turns out the mermaid only has a face when in the mermaid form when I swap the gender of the randomly generated mermaid, so that's male sims as well.

Edit #3: Fixed, read bottom comment if you are having the same issue.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It is your CC. Specifically, any skins or makeup. Whenever you have any issues always disable mods before reporting them, because they cause the issue 99% the time. Go ahead and try disabling your mods/cc real quick and see if that fixes anything.

After that you need to figure out which one it is.

I believe I saw @luthienrising post something on twitter about this issue so tagging her for you :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2019
    It is your CC. Specifically, any skins or makeup. Whenever you have any issues always disable mods before reporting them, because they cause the issue 99% the time. Go ahead and try disabling your mods/cc real quick and see if that fixes anything.

I believe I saw @luthienrising post something on twitter about this issue so tagging her for you :)

Thank you! Really hope it's not my favorite skin ;)

Edit: For anyone reading this on the off chance they have the same problem and haven't figured it out yet, @luthienrising's post about broken CC is super helpful. For me it was my no ea lashes mod, and not the 3d kijiko eyelashes mod, but if you have either of those I'd take them both out and see how it's working then.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Oh lol I had the same! Made me laugh so much. I fixed it by unlinking sim with mermaid form, choosing preset face (some random mermade one) then linking and copying old face on top of this current mermaid face so it's back to what I want. That fixed it for me!
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I had the same and it was indeed the No EA Eyelashes mod that caused it. Too bad cause I hate those EA lashes :(
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Ugh the Forum didn't show me the tag!

Here's a tip from another Simmer: After removing reported culprits, delete localthumbcache (that's the in-game cache) and take your Sim back into CAS. If it's still a problem in liveplay, you've got CC that hasn't been reported yet! Start with skin details.

Here's where the list lives: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17116992/#Comment_17116992
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simsnextdoorsimsnextdoor Posts: 1 New Member
    @Angellulu Bless your heart!! I did what you said and it worked for me. Thank you so much. I kept trying to download tray importer for my mac because I do have broken cc and thought maybe that was causing the issue. But, the tray importer wont work for me so your comment was a quick fix! :)
  • Options
    delphiniadelphinia Posts: 16 Member
    Ahh I had the same issue its quite terrifying to look at
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top