Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You Guys.......Sims can already go into the water after the update!

Comments

• Options
    lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    Oh my god! And the Island Living icon shows up on the home screen This gets me so excited.

@Mindofy @yupp I just checked Brindleton Bay, no wading or swimming options unfortunately.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yeah. It's quite weird. This is the deepest I got my Sim to go in the Oakenstead lot of Willow Creek.

pZ7sskB.png

Magnolia Promenade also allowed my Sim to go quite far in to the pond.

RGuSwOA.png
    vK5oiQE.png

My theory is that some weird Island Living code got mixed up with some of the already released worlds. Windenburg and Brindleton Bay also had some wade here options, but they were very little in to the water.

Oh, and you can no longer go under water in the TAB camera mode. So there's that too.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »
    Quick! Someone check Brindleton Bay for me. I'm at work!😂😂😂

I am currently travelling st school, so I hope someone could check this 😂
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Bella wasn't feeling the water ahaha

Mti7Mhk.png

Now all we need are swiing animations and pool objects
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    While you're excited that poor guy has to go on patrol in wet trousers! :D
    But that is an awesome discovery!

Hey, that can actually help on a really hot day … just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yeah. It's quite weird. This is the deepest I got my Sim to go in the Oakenstead lot of Willow Creek.

pZ7sskB.png

Magnolia Promenade also allowed my Sim to go quite far in to the pond.

RGuSwOA.png
    vK5oiQE.png

My theory is that some weird Island Living code got mixed up with some of the already released worlds. Windenburg and Brindleton Bay also had some wade here options, but they were very little in to the water.

Oh, and you can no longer go under water in the TAB camera mode. So there's that too.

It's not mixed up code. Developers simply updated the worlds.

You can't use TAB to go underwater in TS3 either. It's to make it more immersive.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited June 2019
    Looks cool, but I don't think this is fully optional (yet). If it was, they would all change into swim wear by themselves...

Can still be used as something to do, though. Even if the sims don't tell a difference, we can enjoy it :) I just hope NPCs won't route into the water in just any outfit.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Clearly not a finished design but super exciting :D The water ripples around them show that the game understands they are in water too which is encouraging.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    That's fantastic news!

Wading in shallow water is as much contributing to the summer vacation experience as actual swimming (For me, at least).
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Update the pond in windenburg in the country has the option as well :). No island though I checked. It’s cool I like that they added it. I means it’s possible to open up for sure.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    I absolutely adore this!

Ik2hQNS.png

The worlds feel much more open and sims can roam through more places in the worlds.

Look how far sims can go in Magnolia Promenade! You can literally go to the ducks now!

6N4hfla.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Does it work In Granite Falls too ?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    It works in Windenburg as well! At the island and countryside neighborhood!
    pD43XZS.png
    x63mvK4.png

I bet they're working on including swimming in those worlds as well, just haven't finished it yet! Swimming should come to other worlds as well!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @SkyeChimes Ouch!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Time will tell :)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    Can't leave a screenshot due to my rank but I found that the Sims can go wading in frozen rivers. Hopefully that's patched soon.
  • Options
    BeliBeli Posts: 31 Member
    This is amazing :smiley:
    "To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour."

""He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." So it is written."
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've noticed they're not getting into their swimwear, is anyone having issues with Sims getting into their swimwear when in pools now? I just sent soon to go swimming in her backyard swimming pool and she went in her pajamas ...
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I've noticed they're not getting into their swimwear, is anyone having issues with Sims getting into their swimwear when in pools now? I just sent soon to go swimming in her backyard swimming pool and she went in her pajamas ...

Most likely a mod confliction if you have it active. For me it was MCC so I took it out for now.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited June 2019
    Oasis Springs river lets sims wade quite deep and they come real close to the fishes:

tumblr_ptbjk5CtyA1t1fm14o1_540.jpg

Windenburg Island allows for "Go here" at the beach, but no wading options for me.

tumblr_ptbih8eHII1t1fm14o1_540.jpg

For some reason Windenburg Lake (by Ulrike's house) didn't let my sims wade in. I'll need to click again more carefully I guess.

Finally Brindleton Bay has two well hidden wading spots:

tumblr_ptbi5zQ4X91t1fm14o1_540.jpg

tumblr_ptbi5zQ4X91t1fm14o3_540.jpg

tumblr_ptbi5zQ4X91t1fm14o2_540.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    and just like that my excitement is back up after the lounge chair shenanigans ...lol
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Has anybody tried this in that pond in the Selvadoradian jungle where there's snapping crocodiles in the water?