Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow is laggy and crashes to desktop

I love Midnight Hollow, but each time I start a save in there (especially for a storyline I had in mind), it crashes as soon as I start playing. My game already hates 64x64 lots, so I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll uninstall Midnight Hollow if it keeps up the crashing and lag.
I'm so done with this site!

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Have you tried turning down the graphics?
    What kind of mods or CC are you running?
    Just out of curiousty, alt tab out of the game, bring up the task manager and take a peak at the cpu usage.
    I to experience crashing in my world, and usually its when I'm at 100% CPU useage.

Have you tried a new sims folder(Copy your current the sims folder and paste it in another location.Then delete the original one, reinstall just midnight hollow, then launch the game.Does it work? or does it still crash? If it works, then something is going on in the folder, perhaps a mod or CC)
  • Options
    Your save could be corrupted.Try a new save with a different name.
    Also, have you tried with a clean sims 3 folder(no mods including the skins and hair)?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Like I said, try with a completely new folder with nothing in it.First back up the the sims 3 folder and paste it somewhere safe.
    Then launch the game to generate a new folder.You won't lose anything because you're backing up the folder.This is the first step everyone had me do when I have/had issues with my game.It helps to narrow down what the issue might be.

Afterwards exit out.Copy your saves folder into your new folder and launch the save.Play for a little while and see if you have the issue if you don't, exit the game.And now move your mods folder back in.And launch again, play again for a bit.If the issue comes back, there's something in your mods folder.At that point remove the mods one by one and go back in and test until you find the culprit.If NRAAS mods are the only mods you have I don't see that being the issue, but it could be custom content.

Have you tried reinstalling the world?

Try clearing out your game cache: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
    Have you cleared out the featured items folder? If not, go in and clear that out.And then make the folder readable only.
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/12/tutorial-turning-off-ingame-store-and-preventing-loading-of-pictures.html

@puzzlezaddict and @igazor may have ideas or suggestions as well.So I'll tag them.