Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another can I run TS2 post...

PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
I'm at my limit and about to give up entirely. I'm on my phone so I can't post a dxdiag (or whatever its called) right now and I don't know when I'll be near wifi to be able to. All I can say is I've been trying to run The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on a Toshiba Satellite with a Windows 8.1 operating system. The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz. It's got 8 gigs of RAM and the graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. Am I even supposed to be playing on this kind of laptop? I've started experiencing a crash after just an hour or two of gameplay. It says something like "stopped working. Application will now terminate.". I did use CC and mods, and I tried removing them and playing barebones and I still got the crash. I've been using a temperature program to make sure my laptop isn't overheating so that's not it either. Only reason why I tried playing TS2 UC is because I've read a lot of other posts across the net and on this forum and people with laptops (sometimes even worse than mine) were told that the game should work really great on new lower end laptops because it is so old and the specs it required then are easy to run on them. I already know that integrated graphics are bad for games, but I tried anyway. If anybody can shed some light for me I'd really appreciate it. I'm actually a bit confused on what's the truth...

Comments