Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairy pack - what I'd like to see (new ideas)

Hello! I hope SimGurus will take a look at this and draw inspiration for future Fairy pack, as it is one of my favorite life states and I'd be so excited to play them again.

1) Fairy wings. In sims 3 wings were living it's own life, flapping in same monotone no matter what the sim did. I propose emotional wings! By that I mean, when Sim sits/lies down, the wings will close on back (butterfly style) or close and fold down (like a cape, flying bug style), when sim is happy and laughs or tells exciting story, the wings flutter quickly with energy, when Sim is sad or tensed, the wings will droop down when standing as if sitting/sleeping. When walking, even could be tied to way sim walks, wings will open and close with speed of their emotional energy. Regular walk - normal, bouncy walk - faster and happier, tired walk - droopy, and etc. And obviously there will be flying, so to fly wings will flutter quickly at start and around finish (take off and landing) to kind of fight the wind, like birds or butterflies do. And mid flight they flap regular speed and occasionally flutter to beat the wind. It will give so much emotion to the wings!

2) World/Neighborhood - I think cozy cottage style, perhaps fairy tale land like. Imagine Little Red Riding Hood forest area, plus beach area like Little Mermaid, then deep in woods it gets thicker and darker, then amidst of it a clearing with few lots of Fairy folk, their castle and tree houses, there in secret in woods. And perhaps due to red riding hood it can be paired with werewolves and be called like a "Fairy Tale" GP or EP.

3) Fairy powers/magic - fairies are tricksters, everyone knows so. And for a long time, they were (and still are in some places) considered to be dangerous. So we need those both sides. Some fairies may bless you and be nice and beautiful, but some may do evil things like in folklore switch children with changelings, make someone fat and bold, destroy the garden, break your stuff, etc. What I particularly want to see is variety of fun spells and actions, new animations, and fun gameplay. I do think wings could be done in way I mentioned, some more fluttering animations based on emotion and walk/rest cycle.

Okay that's my ideas so far, I'll post more as more come to me 😊

Comments

• Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    your nr 1 is a super complex request, reamaking every animation ingame with bones for wings is insane animation budget wise.

nr 2 sound awesome with the thick dark woods!, would love some insect inspired faeries!

hmm nr 3 sounds pretty close to what witches will probably be in-game game mechanics wise, learning mischief and gardening skill faster and having some special pranks and a few flying animations sounds realistic for faeries, making changelings is something you can just do in the switch household members menu (or do you mean the darker " i steal your baby and after a few days the fake baby i left will turn into a twig" style changeling?). would people be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if the faeries and witches shared some abilities and animations?