Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holidays! What ones do you have?

KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
Hey all,

So I'm in the long process of making my own save file, when I realised I hadn't even considered holidays. So, at that point I decided to sit down and work out what holidays etc I want in my game.

I think I've finally got to a point where I'm happy with my setup, but the process got me curious about what other people's attitudes/setups are in regards to in-game holidays? I tried searching for other posts but all I could find were threads about what holidays people were hoping to create before the pack was out.

Have you created your own holidays? Have you deleted any premade ones? How many do you have and how long are your seasons? Do you do the holiday every time? etc etc

I play with 28 day seasons, and wanted 3 holidays a season. I decided I want a Winterfest equivelent for each season which in my mind is the big holiday of each season. Other than that I created all my other holidays, choosing to name them 'Day of ____' depending on their topic. Many were inspired by irl holidays (Bonfire Night = Day of Fire and Day of Family was inspired by the Day of the Dead, etc).

I ended up creating a spreadsheet to help me organise everything and decide what I wanted. The first table is my holiday setup, the second table is all the traditions in game, the third table is a list of additional traditions I have in my game from mods.
VYvoxmd.png
ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Just quickly pointing out, I have a mod that changes the 4-week option for seasons to 3 weeks. This is how I evenly space everything out, and each week is like one IRL month.

In Spring, I have Easter (Egg Day) and the traditions are egg hunt, flower bunny, attend holiday ceremony, grand meal, and fasting.

In Summer, I have Vampire Extinction Day, and if I had GTW I'd do Alien Extinction Day and if I had City Living Freedom Day (4th of July, I'm American and this is the day our Declaration of Independence was signed). Anyways, the traditions for Vampire Extinction Day is simply attend holiday ceremony. Same for Alien Extinction Day, and Freedom Day is fireworks, streaking, drinking, and barbeque.

In Fall, I have Halloween (Spooky Day) and Harvestfest (Thanksgiving, named after a feast that pilgrims had with Native Americans. Pretty historic in our country's history). Spooky Day's traditions are Trick-Or-Treating, wear costumes, and spooky spirit. The ones for Harvestfest are the same.

In Winter, I have Winterfest (Christmas), Resolution Day (New Year's Eve) and Love Day (Valentines Day). I kept all of the traditions for these holidays the same.

That took forever for me to type!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I keep things pretty basic. I have two holidays per season, 1 which gives my sims a day off and 1 that doesn't.

Autumn has: Harvestfest, which is more or less kept as the premade version, tho I sometimes change the name to Autumnfest; and Spooky Day, which is basically Halloween, with costumes, trick or treating and spooky spirit.

Winter has: Winterfest, again, stick pretty close to the base game, tho in some saves I replace the great meal with baking, cause baking cookies at christmas was always a thing for me growing up; and New Years Eve, again, basically the pre-made version, but I added drinking, cause...yeah.

Spring has: Springfest, which has the flower bunny and collecting eggs, as well as cleaning and gardening; and Love Day, which is basically the pre-made version except that I added watching romantic tv for those single sims out there, lol.

and Summer has: Summerfest, which has vacationing, water fun and grilling; and "Celebration Day," for bonfires, fireworks, and telling stories around a campfire.

And that's basically it! I sometimes tweak them in different saves, but I usually set up that basic system for most of them.
  • Options
    PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    I only created one Holiday called "Summer" I wanted my Sims to celebrate the summer season!
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I have Day Off Day, which takes place in the second to last week of Winter on the Friday. Sims spend the day lazing around or going on vacation.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Copy/pasting from another thread.

I play with 14 day seasons and tried to add a good number of major U.S. holidays.

For spring I added Easter and Mother's Day.
    In summer I added, Independence Day and Father's Day.
    With autumn, I added Children's Day. Japan's Children's Day is actually in spring, but I only had Thanksgiving in autumn and wanted a Children's Day to go with Mother's/Father's Day so I added it in autumn.
    And lastly, in winter I added a Christmas Eve.

I kept the original holidays, but changed their names to their real world counterparts.