Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE ARE ALL THE YOUNG ADULTS!?

Im playing as a female alien sim in a single household who's a YA. I have not seen ANY young adult sims which means she cannot find love. Ive seen similar posts to this. What happened?
fnf is a very pog game
814240012736397312.png

Comments

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    It’s simple; the world is simply unfair to some people; or sims in this case.

In all seriousness, this may be a bug.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    My game mainly generates adults and not many young adults. I usually download a few 'townie' families of all young adults from the gallery to place in my games.
  • Options
    FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    Im just gonna have her adopt..
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I hear your pain! I fill worlds with Sims I download and/or create. Generally, I download, tweek them and them dump them in the worlds so my legacy Sims can meet them (that's the abridged version of my gameplay lol).

Even then, bars and clubs are constantly filled with Adults and other community lots are often filled with Adults, Elders and Children. True, some YA do end up there but it tends to be ones I add to the world.

I would suggest filling a few empty lots with houses filled with young adults (utilise The Gallery) such as house shares or siblings. Not foolproof but might help.

To reiterate, I COMPLETELY understand your frustration. Bars are so poorly designed in the game. No young adults turn up, friends you travel with leave within 90 sims minutes and no one sits anywhere other than at the bar!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One thing I do when my sim finds someone they like enough to get into a relationship, and the age difference is too much, I'll activate a cheat and age the sim down to the age group I want.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the game tries to keep a balanced number of young adult, adult and elder sims (not exactly the same numbers, just a ratio that seems to be programmed in) so, if a player makes nothing but young adult sims to play all the townies tend to be created as adults and elders to get back to the game's desired ratio

also, ya and adult sims can fall in love (look at mortimer and bella goth), just like happens in the real world
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have a tendency to create Sims for my Sims. As a result, I rarely play with premades.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited May 2019
    The Blue Velvet Nightclub has been lucky for my Sims, also the Rattlesnake Juice Bar.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    This is why basically from childhood my sims are on the hunt for a potential partner, unless I don't mind having a large age-gap. I know I could use cheats but I don't like to.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It may be how your game spawns. I think I found control of the age stage spawning percentage via MCCC.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    If you have Get Together you could create a club and then add a rule to only allow YA's, that way you might find the elusive YA's hiding in your sim world :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    If you have Get Together you could create a club and then add a rule to only allow YA's, that way you might find the elusive YA's hiding in your sim world :blush:

Yepp - use this trick all the time!
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    This happens to me all the time.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Just wait until Malcolm Landgraab ages up, and you'll be set. Or, if you're impatient, go into CAS and make your aliens love of their gosh dang life.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    peanutsinspacepeanutsinspace Posts: 24 Member
    That's strange, most of my neighborhoods have quite a few young adults but is severely lacking in teenagers.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I have wondered if this is just a problem that occurs around the second generation of a new save, as the neighbourhood will start off with a good balance of age groups, but the game won't start refilling empty spaces until sims start dying off, which leaves a gap of around one generation?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I'm having the same issue, and the only YA(s) I make in any particular game save are what I'm playing. That means 1 (occasionally 2 to make a mated pair) per game. All other sims in the game are either the premades or townies. Those are primarlily elders with the occasional adult. The only teens and kids I've seen are the premades. When I first got the game back in '14 the mix was quite varied, but as it has aged so has the townie population. Also noticed that the number of walk-bys has fallen considerably. I doubt it is the wondered about 2nd generation thing as I've not gotten that far in any game save. I don't play aliens, but I understand where you are coming from.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm having the same issue, and the only YA(s) I make in any particular game save are what I'm playing. That means 1 (occasionally 2 to make a mated pair) per game. All other sims in the game are either the premades or townies. Those are primarlily elders with the occasional adult. The only teens and kids I've seen are the premades. When I first got the game back in '14 the mix was quite varied, but as it has aged so has the townie population. Also noticed that the number of walk-bys has fallen considerably. I doubt it is the wondered about 2nd generation thing as I've not gotten that far in any game save. I don't play aliens, but I understand where you are coming from.

Maybe delete some of the game generated households with all the elders and maybe the game will generate new YA's?
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    Ult1mat3XUlt1mat3X Posts: 11 New Member
    Am I able to create a sim from another PC/account nearby my main as a so called "🐸🐸🐸🐸" in such case? It would be legal?
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I have MC Command Center set so that the townies have kids with each other so there's always somebody to choose from :'D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I think the game tries to balance the amount of YA so that there is the same amount of Elders as Young Adults etc. You have to visit places where YA hangs out like gyms and bars.

Or you could download MC command center, go to settings and set the values in population_percent to whatever you want. I have mine set to 0 so the game only generates Young Adults, I have enough elders and kids in my game.
  • Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    It’s almost a year but I’m still seeing this problem. I have tons of YAs but only Adults show up everywhere!(party events, nightclubs, bowling venue etc.) I remember seeing more YAs before (like many many months ago).
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I find my games generate a lot more adults...usually in hideous outfits and beards (thanks, City Living!). Whilst some age inbalance in relationships is OK, it's nice for a young adult to meet another young adult. In the end I've had to generate my own young adult townies for my played sims to meet.

And don't get me started on the lack of townie teenagers!
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    this! i'm fond of pairing my sims with randomly generated townies because it feels more natural in a way, but most of the time i resort to making a partner for them because i can't find any decent YA townies. it's frustrating, but what can you do. sometimes i get lucky with finding townies, but most of the time i have to make my own and hope they bump into each other. at least that way i can control who they end up with i guess
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Eventhough I created and download a lot of YA townies. They hardly show up anywhere (only Adults show up!!) I have to go to their homes to meet them :( I don’t know why the game just stop spawning YA at venues.