Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What online features would you like for the sims?

logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We pretty much know from mobile games what features we don't want, like microtransactions and grindy events which causes you to grind for hours but what online features would be fun to have in the sims 4 or any future sims game?

Here are some of my ideas, which are pretty much online events that you can do if you want, or completely ignore. Feel free to add your own ideas.

Online challenges, Challenges gets posted on the game with information on how to play it, like the 100 baby challenge. They are added to the game like achievements so the game tracks how many babies you have, like the game tracks other achievements.

Online contests, These contests could be held by Maxis where simmers could upload builds or sims with hashtags, the winners could get prices like satisfaction points or just the honor of being featured on the gallery.

Online events, Maxis posts themed challenges where you could win a lot of satisfaction points, kind of like they do the challenges now but these challenges would be much larger where you would have to create a lot of sims to fulfill the goals, like a goal that requires multiple job roles. The challenges could be things like create a band with multiple sims and have them perform at bars, nightclubs etc. The game tracks if you have completed the event like achievements.

Do you have any ideas of your own or do you think that we should not have more online features for the sims?

Comments

• Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I would not mind contest, but the other two sound as if they would just frustrate me. mostly because of the way I play I just would not be able to participate in them and have fun while doing it. ignoring the events and challenges would make me feel like I am missing out on something.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    how about No?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    NONE. I don't want any online features at all in my Sims game.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    What we have already. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    Any sims of your friends in your friendlist sometime visit your town but they arent the one that controlled it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like these! I don't have anything to add though, so moving on... hopefully to sleep...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited May 2019
    izecson wrote: »
    Any sims of your friends in your friendlist sometime visit your town but they arent the one that controlled it.

That could be cool, I know MC Command Center has something similar where it takes sims from your gallery and puts them into the world, you could maybe have an option in the gallery to select "make this sim show up in your friends worlds" or something similar. Then your friends could have the option to let the game download sims from your friends gallery and put them as unplayed sims.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I have no interest for anything online with the Sims the gallery is more than enough.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    A big fat NO, I don't want my game online.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can’t think of any I would actually enjoy.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love the gallery but that's it. If nothing else, this community has shown me how different we are and how different we play. I think the sims is an individual game and I hope it to keep being.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    None. I play on console and am even perfectly happy without the gallery. I have zero desire to share my game with others.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    It wasn't a poll but the overall responses is to let the sims stay as it is, given what happened with SimCity, perhaps it is for the better.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    None.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    No online for me but EA could make another separate version if they want to try again without me. They'd have to get their servers upgraded though as their other games keep going offline. :/
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    Welp my only idea of making TS4 online was that your generated/moved in townies are taken from other simmers gallery uploads.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd rather see an improved version of the main online feature we have (the gallery), than new ones. Like why has it been 3 years since City Living and we still can't share apartments as actual apartments? Why are the photos still so lackluster? Can we get some new poses? And so on.

I'd like to see the team improve these things instead of making new things.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    logion wrote: »
    We pretty much know from mobile games what features we don't want, like microtransactions and grindy events which causes you to grind for hours but what online features would be fun to have in the sims 4 or any future sims game?

Here are some of my ideas, which are pretty much online events that you can do if you want, or completely ignore. Feel free to add your own ideas.

Online challenges, Challenges gets posted on the game with information on how to play it, like the 100 baby challenge. They are added to the game like achievements so the game tracks how many babies you have, like the game tracks other achievements.

Online contests, These contests could be held by Maxis where simmers could upload builds or sims with hashtags, the winners could get prices like satisfaction points or just the honor of being featured on the gallery.

Online events, Maxis posts themed challenges where you could win a lot of satisfaction points, kind of like they do the challenges now but these challenges would be much larger where you would have to create a lot of sims to fulfill the goals, like a goal that requires multiple job roles. The challenges could be things like create a band with multiple sims and have them perform at bars, nightclubs etc. The game tracks if you have completed the event like achievements.

Do you have any ideas of your own or do you think that we should not have more online features for the sims?

I will never get "Maxis Favourite" because the builds and Sims I share in the Gallery despite my clever and deep backstories for the builds and Sims I share have CC in them. It's basically a popularity contest that is rigged from the beginning. Sorry for the cynical approach. I create my sims and my builds for me not for Maxis and I won't change what I create to please them. Again sorry if I sound cold or offensive in any way.

I would rather, we the community, come up with challenges like the 100 baby challenge. From there Maxis can decide which ones they want to put into the game based on how many of us participate. But not create a sim or build unless they will start favouring builds with CC in them.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    The Gallery only.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    drakharis wrote: »

I will never get "Maxis Favourite" because the builds and Sims I share in the Gallery despite my clever and deep backstories for the builds and Sims I share have CC in them. It's basically a popularity contest that is rigged from the beginning. Sorry for the cynical approach. I create my sims and my builds for me not for Maxis and I won't change what I create to please them. Again sorry if I sound cold or offensive in any way.

I would rather, we the community, come up with challenges like the 100 baby challenge. From there Maxis can decide which ones they want to put into the game based on how many of us participate. But not create a sim or build unless they will start favouring builds with CC in them.

Why would they favor CC when not everyone uses it? I don't want that stuff clogging my game.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the Gallery since I can't build worth a lick, but as for any other features no thanks. I have no friends in RL that play Sims 4 (or indeed any Sims game) and I don't want a bunch of strangers whose idea of a good time is trashing other players' games. I hated Simport in Sims 3 Showtime and that content was locked until you used Simport to achieve a certain level...I was happy when someone made a mod to unlock the content.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    The events like the egg hunt and day of the dead I actually enjoyed, so more stuff like that wouldn't bother me, I also enjoy the gallery, but nothing else online please.
  • Options

I'd rather see an improved version of the main online feature we have (the gallery), than new ones. Like why has it been 3 years since City Living and we still can't share apartments as actual apartments? Why are the photos still so lackluster? Can we get some new poses? And so on.

I'd like to see the team improve these things instead of making new things.

Yes, the gallery could definitely offer some more features. I think they are afraid to let people use custom things online and share them, since then they do not own the content.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    drakharis wrote: »

Why would they favor CC when not everyone uses it? I don't want that stuff clogging my game.

I think her point is they exclude builds with CC in them from being featured. Therefore if they ran such a contest she would be excluded as her builds contain CC in them and she wouldn't want to change how she builds just to win a contest with the prize of being featured.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited May 2019
    I rather have more gameplay than online plum tbh the only online thing I want tweaked is some bits of gallery that's all
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif