Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ultra setting players : what do you play on?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I had cc before. I don't like cc. I prefer vanilla. But with adequate specs , yes, laptops can run on ultra with cc in my experience @Goth583
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited May 2019
    Have too many systems to list here but I will list maybe an couple of systems.
    Intel 6700K liquid cooled, 16 GB, ASUS 2070 RTX OC 8 GB, LG Ultra Wide 34" Rosewill 1000W Bronze certified Sound Blaster Z Series sound card It runs excellent for me.
    Here is an another
    AMD 2700X, 16 GB XFX 590 Fatboy 8 GB MSI 370 Gaming Plus (wish I got the 470, maybe in the near future) Samsung 27" Sound Blaster Fatality THX sound card, Cosair RM850X and I do use an 1 TB SSD. SSDs comes in different flavors not just one and the flavors have different advantages than the other as well as an disadvantage and SSDs is not advantageous for all programs and you must be careful and not excessively erase and rewrite to one because SSDs operate very differently than an traditional hard drive especially when it comes to maintenance. As far as performance it is pretty good but I have a harder time setting up an AMD than an Intel.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited May 2019
    Computer Manufacturer + Model : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804) It was built by a friend

Notebook or Desktop: Desktop

Cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz

Gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Memory: 32 GB

Storage:I have 2 hard drives and a SSD both hard drives are 2T and the SSD is 1T

How does it run? Average? Poor? Excellent? Good? : Excellent (by my standard)( I have trouble with sims 3 lots of lag) no problems running the game and all the parts. I also have a load of custom content and several mods that alter the game.

Other notes/comments: Prob should update my video card to a newer one if the game gets any more things in it. But I may be OK.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Computer Manufacturer + Model : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804) It was built by a friend

Storage:I have 2 hard drives and a SSD both hard drives are 2T and the SSD is 1T

How does it run? Average? Poor? Excellent? Good? : Excellent (by my standard)( I have trouble with sims 3 lots of lag) no problems running the game and all the parts. I also have a load of custom content and several mods that alter the game.

Other notes/comments: Prob should update my video card to a newer one if the game gets any more things in it. But I may be OK.

I would hold off as the 1080 Ti still have some life in it and it may just be the game is not optimized. Your specs are excellent and may be good for some time.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited May 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I would hold off as the 1080 Ti still have some life in it and it may just be the game is not optimized. Your specs are excellent and may be good for some time.

Hey @Goldmolder How are you? I always love your advice been giving me advice since my sims 3 days. My husband just died March 16th so I have to save for stuff as he used to buy it for me for special occasions so good to know I dont need to upgrade for awhile. How does one optimize the game? I have room for another Hard drive this thing is huge. I wanted to be able to customize it if need be. I have a lot of stuff in my memory as I use it to do genealogy with lots of pictures and stuff and I will not play a vanilla game and then I get carried away, and with the HDD and SDD I still have plenty. Video card is ok you say? When I first got this computer it was overkill for sims but now I am not so sure. It is about 4 years old already. I guess I did OK for a grandma! Had a grandson who helped.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Hey @Goldmolder How are you? I always love your advice been giving me advice since my sims 3 days. My husband just died March 16th so I have to save for stuff as he used to buy it for me for special occasions so good to know I dont need to upgrade for awhile. How does one optimize the game? I have room for another Hard drive this thing is huge. I wanted to be able to customize it if need be. I have a lot of stuff in my memory as I use it to do genealogy with lots of pictures and stuff and I will not play a vanilla game and then I get carried away, and with the HDD and SDD I still have plenty. Video card is ok you say? When I first got this computer it was overkill for sims but now I am not so sure. It is about 4 years old already. I guess I did OK for a grandma! Had a grandson who helped.

I am doing fine and I am sorry about your husband :( When it comes to optimizing your game it mainly falls on the developer to do it as long as your system main components complement each other. You got an excellent system and think you are fine.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options
    HarryhakaHarryhaka Posts: 8 New Member
    omputer Manufacturer + Model : Asus FX503VM

Notebook or Desktop: Gaming notebook

Cpu: Intel i5 1,5 Ghz x 4

Gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Memory: 8GB

Storage: 469 GB left

How does it run? Average? Poor? Excellent? Good? : Excellent I think. I've only played on 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laptops so this is the best. There's no lagging, freezing or crashing
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    My pc can easily use ultra but I play on custom instead cause with ultra distant backgrounds are blurry. With custom you can set it to where distant backgrounds pop.
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Computer Manufacturer + Model: Cyberpower PC
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor @ 3.4 (Overclocked to 3.85)
    GPU: Radeon RX 580
    Memory: 16GB
    Storage: 1TB
    How does it run? Average? Poor? Excellent? Good?: Excellent
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Computer Manufacturer: Asus

Cpu: Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz

Gpu: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Memory: 7,89 GB

Storage: 1 TB

How does it run? Average? Poor? Excellent? Good? : It runs smoothly most of the time, with minor lags while playing in San Myshuno or when the game has been running for hours
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    TheGreatCabal12TheGreatCabal12 Posts: 5 New Member
    Computer Manufacturer + Model : Self Built

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

Gpu: Geforce RTX 2080 Super

Memory: 32GB

Storage: Samsung 920 evo plus 512GB - Seagate SSHD 2TB (x2)

How does it run? Average? Poor? Excellent? Good? : Runs amazingly as it should, being this overkill of a build i'd expect it to run better than any new AAA Game