Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas Vector...how to create a custom disease?

I'm trying to find a tutorial on creating a custom disease on the NRaas site, but there's nothing on the Vector page. So I'm coming here to see if anyone can tell me.
mj4do4.gif

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It was originally envisioned that players would make custom Vector diseases for their own use and to share with others. Much like with custom Uni majors though, this never really happened. It's apparently very difficult to make them.

I thought we had a tutorial of sorts on the subject, but to be fair I can't find it either. Possibly it's one of the pages that hasn't made it over to our new site yet. If you bring the question to us at NRaas, our developer or perhaps another member who has tried this might be better able to assist.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    I just circled back to this question and took a closer look at one of the existing Vector disease modules in S3PE. Looks like they are all tuning to me, while it's the base mod that is the script code. Seems to me that one could take a copy of an existing module and change it up to add some new diseases. There may be more to it than that, but if one is familiar with S3PE and XML code editing such as through creating and editing one's own tuning mods, this should be pretty much within reach for anyone who wishes to try.

Would still recommend bringing the question to our developer, though. The difficult part may be getting the Vector base mod to properly recognize the altered creation as valid diseases distinct from the originals to manage.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
    Hmm, I'll have to check it out and I'm definitely gonna head over to the NRaas site.
    mj4do4.gif