Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezing to Death

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The sims in my game died in Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade. I just found their urns outside. Didn't see them dying as the lots were busy with many sims and I was watching my sim. There were several others who were really shivering and they were all wearing what appeared like warm weather everyday clothes. I did spend several days on the lots though, so maybe you need to spend a longer time for the bug to show up?

You didn't get the Grimm music or the "see what is happening" icon in the action list? Every time Grimm shows up in my game I get both those things.

I don't know about Grimm music, it may have played but I didn't notice it. I only discovered the urns when I saw a bunch of sims huddled together and crying in their hands. This happened on a small street between two buildings on the same lot. And another one recently I only found the urn when redecorating the lot, it was just outside a back door to a building.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2020
    The sims in my game died in Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade. I just found their urns outside. Didn't see them dying as the lots were busy with many sims and I was watching my sim. There were several others who were really shivering and they were all wearing what appeared like warm weather everyday clothes. I did spend several days on the lots though, so maybe you need to spend a longer time for the bug to show up?

You didn't get the Grimm music or the "see what is happening" icon in the action list? Every time Grimm shows up in my game I get both those things.

I don't know about Grimm music, it may have played but I didn't notice it. I only discovered the urns when I saw a bunch of sims huddled together and crying in their hands. This happened on a small street between two buildings on the same lot. And another one recently I only found the urn when redecorating the lot, it was just outside a back door to a building.

If they died while you were on the lot the camera should even switch focus to Grimm when he appears.

Anyway, sorry, that's not the point and I know it. The mass death was a problem after Seasons but they claimed it was fixed and it seems fixed for me. When I am at say Windenburg gym or a restaurant and there's a blizzard or just very cold, all the unplayed DO either come inside or switch to Cold clothing when they start to turn blue / are in danger of freezing to death.

Are you having anything on a lot that is just too distracting? Can they go inside if they want to? (not saying you are wrong! Just trying to figure out an explanation).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    There was nothing too distracting on the lots and there were plenty of rooms with doors they could shelter. But like I said it's not a problem if I visit the lot for say a few of hours. But I tend to spend days on community lots, be they owned or unowned and that's when it happened in both instances. Also, I noticed that sims, even if they are wearing winter clothing they are shivering and blowing warm air into their hands, even when the weather is not particularly blizzardly.
  • Options
    There was nothing too distracting on the lots and there were plenty of rooms with doors they could shelter. But like I said it's not a problem if I visit the lot for say a few of hours. But I tend to spend days on community lots, be they owned or unowned and that's when it happened in both instances. Also, I noticed that sims, even if they are wearing winter clothing they are shivering and blowing warm air into their hands, even when the weather is not particularly blizzardly.

Okay, it might explain it... I assume the game isn't actually capable of handling a commercial lot being used for more than say 24 hour straight. Even an owed one is expected to be closed with sleeping breaks I am sure.
    I assume you use cheats to be able to stay there so long?
  • Options

Okay, it might explain it... I assume the game isn't actually capable of handling a commercial lot being used for more than say 24 hour straight. Even an owed one is expected to be closed with sleeping breaks I am sure.
    I assume you use cheats to be able to stay there so long?

No cheats, I just add beds, showers, fridge, etc. I do close businesses when the employees leave for the day and then everyone leaves until next day when I open, but on lots that cannot be closed and opened, new sims visit all the time.
  • Options
    3cheersforkilljoys3cheersforkilljoys Posts: 17 New Member
    oh god this is unrelated to you guys’ replies but this reminds me of a time went to an outdoor ice skating rink and nine townies died. i still have their graves and annoyingly cant get rid if them.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited April 2020
    It's fall in one of my saves, and today both Katrina Caliente and L. Faba froze to death in my sims' neighborhood because they were out jogging. They really should tune the exercise outfit category for weather resistance... -_-;

...Also, quit having townies jog so much. It's not like they're persistence hunting an antelope... *eyeroll*
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    It's fall in one of my saves, and today both Katrina Caliente and L. Faba froze to death in my sims' neighborhood because they were out jogging. They really should tune the exercise outfit category for weather resistance... -_-;

...Also, quit having townies jog so much. It's not like they're persistence hunting an antelope... *eyeroll*

That issue SHOULD have been fixed. I don't have an issue with it, but I also run MCCC. Not that I have seen anything in the documentation for that mod about stopping joggers from freezing to death... All I know is that no joggers froze to death when my Sims lived on Windenburg Island and that place is so stupidly full with joggers sometimes... even when freezing. Nor do they freeze to death when playing basketball or jogging around gyms.
  • Options

That issue SHOULD have been fixed. I don't have an issue with it, but I also run MCCC. Not that I have seen anything in the documentation for that mod about stopping joggers from freezing to death... All I know is that no joggers froze to death when my Sims lived on Windenburg Island and that place is so stupidly full with joggers sometimes... even when freezing. Nor do they freeze to death when playing basketball or jogging around gyms.

Yeah, I also use MCCC, but I still got the popsimcles. I'm playing that save in Newcrest. I really, really don't get the random joggers, though. I mean, Newcrest in that save only has my sims' house in it...and everyone shows up and jogs there. WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THIS GAME JOG?!! It's so weird...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The neighbourhood joggers actually got a hidden buff attached that makes them immune to temperature (same with npcs that eat at restaurants).

@3cheersforkilljoys: If you're into mods, you can use my destroyobjectcheat mod (Misc mods). Then you can delete the graves by shift clicking on them.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The neighbourhood joggers actually got a hidden buff attached that makes them immune to temperature (same with npcs that eat at restaurants).

@3cheersforkilljoys: If you're into mods, you can use my destroyobjectcheat mod (Misc mods). Then you can delete the graves by shift clicking on them.

That's what I thought. The issue is fixed according patch notes a long time ago.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »

That's weird, then, because joggers are dropping like flies in my game. It's fully updated and everything. Maybe it's a bad interaction with one of my mods? Or maybe it's happening when they stop moving to go socialize (as NPC sims love doing...in fact, one of my dead joggers last night was a guy who stopped to talk to a bunch of sims by a leaf pile...).

Still, what's up with the jogging? I mean, even late at night, they're up and down the block, running like the police are after them. I know one of the things they did with TS4 was trying to promote a more active, healthy lifestyle, but...they went too far with the random NPC joggers.
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Just give your sim the iceproof trait.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This is STILL happening in my game! It's so annoying... probably 2-3 die every day during the winter. Some days I've had like 5 or more die. They're all in active wear.

Yeah this is still happening. It had been a long time since I had it happen to me because I have a mod to fix it. My hubby logged into his game after a long time to check out some other mods I picked up and two kids died at the hospital..LOL I had to download the autochange into cold weather clothing mod for him. Let's just say he logged out and hasn't logged back in since.
  • Options
    O.K., I can confirm with 100% certainty why the random joggers keep freezing. Every time I find a dying jogger, they're still in their workout clothes, but they're doing something other than jogging, like talking to another sim or sitting on a bench or waiting on line at a snack kiosk. So, the joggers are dying because they stop jogging, the anti-freeze buff wears off, they don't automatically change to their cold weather clothes after they've stopped jogging, and they freeze to death from that.

Yeah...The devs need to fix that little hiccup...

The only good thing that's come of it is that in one of my saves, Mortimer Goth froze to death and MCCC hooked Bella up with Caleb Vatore. O.K., go girl...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • Options
    BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.