Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

halp!

Ok so for 2 days I've been unable to download purchases from the store. After the launcher launches I am prompted for my password, I enter it and it reloads as though I've entered the wrong PW. I've changed the PW 2 times and it's still reacting as though I'm not entering the right password. My Origin ap logs me in fine under the same passwords, it's just trying to log on from the launcher (AFAIK required to DL store bought items) that seems to be flummoxed.. I would be incredibly grateful if someone knew the right magic spell I must perform to be able to download my store items lol.

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Open Internet Explorer (specifically Internet Explorer, not any other browser). In the upper right, there should be a cog next to a smiley face. Click the cog, then click "internet options." Go to the tab "Advanced" and under Reset Internet Explorer Settings click the "reset..." button. A dialogue box will pop up, hit "reset" there again. Then try to log into your launcher. :smile:
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    blarg nope that didn't help, but thank you for trying! I was really hopeful lol It's frustrating because I need a couple things for the next chapter in my sci-fi story. gah :(
  • Options
    Oh I guess I missed a couple steps! I went to EA's sim answers or whatever and I guess I needed to check the box "delete personal settings" after hitting reset and then reload IE, which I didn't do either. It's working now, thanks so much!!!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Yay !!! Now go finish your Sci Fi story :grimace:

Jeeesh quit stalling

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @AbellaKellaher Whoops! Lol I should've made sure I was relaying the steps correctly. Sorry. :tongue: Haven't had to do it in awhile. Glad you were able to figure it out! :smile:
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @AbellaKellaher Whoops! Lol I should've made sure I was relaying the steps correctly. Sorry. :tongue: Haven't had to do it in awhile. Glad you were able to figure it out! :smile:

You gave me enough to go in the right direction, I would have never thought to try to clear EI's cache had you not told me, so you were definitely helpful! :) Thank you! :)

@CravenLestat on it like a bonnet! :D:)