Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work or Get Together

I have been reading information on both eps (I don't have either) and want to know your opinions on the packs. Which is better? Which is worse?
I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!

Comments

• Options
    RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Get Together comes with the largest world for the Sims 4 even to now, with fleshed out premades and world settings. The club system is so versatile and powerful. The nightclub and bars are more lively with Get Together, and a new (but buggy) cafe venue is also really nice. Plus there are a bunch of activities added like DJing, dancing, diving, foosball, darts and arcade(the arcade is plum huge though).
    Get to Work has three really fun active careers but except the Scientist one, the other two have barely any replay value, they’re repetitive and so linear. The retail store is great for shopping or setting up the world, but it’s less fun running one. Aliens... they’re so minor, they are nothing compared to the well-done vampires. The baking skill is handy for running a bakery but then there are only three small neighborhoods and a secret neighborhood...
    TL;DR. Get Get Together.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The supernatural side of me says, Get To Work! Aliens! Mad Scientist! Baking!

The realistic side of me says, Get Together! Clubs! Cafes! DJ's!

All in all, it really just depends on what you prefer to do.

funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I would like aliens but clubs seem more in my storytelling side. I like both ideas so much!
  • Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    IDK because I rarely use any of the stuff included in both eps but Winderburg is amazing
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    get to work has more in it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

How so?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Get Together strictly for the closets.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I heard you can woohoo in them and children can play in them but anything else?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

You can also change anybody on the lots outfits with them. Save the townies!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I had no interest in Get Together when it first came out,and just bought it in February. Now I'm playing a rotational save and I love the club system for helping me keep my different households in touch. Also I had either not known or forgotten about the dart board, foos ball and arcade objects. Yay for group fun activities! Windenberg is pretty and I love some of the families it came with.

I've had Get to Work since it came out or shortly after. The three playable careers are fun for a while, but they get a bit samey. Owning a business isn't nearly as robust a system as in Sims2. I tried it for like one sim day and got bored. I do plan to try again and see if it was just me. There are only four new lots to put retail stores on. It's nice to have aliens back but they aren't as fleshed out as the vampires.

So I guess, Get Together pleasantly surprised me with how much I like it while Get to Work sounded more like what I wanted but didn't quite live up to its potential. I still want my Sims 2 style businesses back. I'm glad I have both but I'm probably using Get Together more regularly except when I'm playing one of the GTW careers.

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    When I first got it, I wasn't impressed because I didn't realize the potential, but Get Together is very versatile. It's a hidden gem.

I don't care about "clubs", it's the benefits that draw me in. I start family or household "clubs". The household is usually at home doing normal stuff and I set the activities so that they get credit for those everyday actions. It quickly builds points for perks.
    Rally the Troops increases hunger, bladder and energy by 1/3 of the bars. I start another gathering after a Sim has left the home lot to take care of business elsewhere only to come back and the rest of the household has done nothing productive or has woken from sleep to "care for self". :/
    There is a perk that helps with faster promotions.
    Skill perks are always welcome for faster skilling/homework.
    The mood perks are great if for fulfilling aspiration goals (i.e. homework while focused 3 times, playing on jungle gym while playful).

Now...
    When (or if I should really say) they introduce more Occults, I will definitely be raisin' the clubs! I can currently create a Vampire brood, but it just doesn't seem right without a Werewolf pack and a Witch coven where I can pit them against each other or maybe go against their nature and we all just get along...maybe...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited May 2019
    Get Together would be my choice. The club system is actually really fun.

Get To Work I only like for the police and doctor careers even though I've never played them yet. I just like the option to have more 'normal' careers.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2019

How so?

well you can make stores for your sims to own or shop in and you get three jobs you can go to with yours sims and you get a hospital for your sims to go to when they have there babies yours sims can be abducted by aliens and come back pregnant and you get a baking skill
    and illnesses sadly your sims can not die from these or go the hospital for it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

That’s all I need tbh
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Get together is the best EP so far (IMO). Large world, awesome gameplay. The club system is absolutely the best thing that happened to The Sims. I couldn't imagine to play the game without it. You can do so much with clubbing. Family gatherings, fast skilling,... You can make a cleaning club. Start gathering the club on your lot. Let other sims to clean your sim's lot while your sim is having fun in the pool, etc. You can make a dating club... And so much more. It is a lot of fun to play with this feature.
    thumbs-up.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I adore Get together - it was the first I bought and still the one I enjoy / use the most.
    I think the points made by almost everyone above are the same ones I would make so I won't repeat them.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Get To Work is super fun (for me) if you haven't played through the interactive careers yet. But they don't have replay potential.
    Get Together on the other hand has more content you will continue using (it has a beautiful big world you can use for anything)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Get Together comes with Windenburg (my personal favorite and most-used world), a lot of nice CAS items, and a lot of decent Build/Buy stuff, two of which offers new woohoo spots (which I know is important to some people).
    It also comes with the Dance and DJ Mixing skills, a new aspiration and two new traits, and the café lot type.
    The club system is a pretty cool feature too, customizable to your liking. You can choose from activities to do, activities that are restricted, choose age-groups, choose your meeting location, the name of your club, etc..

Get To Work is nice for the added careers. I personally feel that actively playing them gets repetitive and boring after awhile, though that’s the only way to progress without cheats.
    It comes with Magnolia Promenade, though it isn’t a full-world, only coming with four lots. It also comes with Sixam, the alien-world, able to be visited with the wormhole generator. You can’t live there.
    Aliens are included, which can sometimes abduct your Sims from their homes and get them pregnant (both males and females alike). You can also play as Aliens too.
    I personally never cared much about the CAS or Build/Buy items, but hey, the more the better, and you may like them yourself.
    Also offered are hospital-births when your Sims are pregnant, which will give you an actual birth certificate. There are also illnesses (very minor, usually clear up on their own within a day or two) which you can optionally take medicine for or use home remedies to cure.
    It also comes with a new lot type, Retail, as you can own your own, customizable businesses with it.
    It comes with the Baking skill.

On to my personal choice:

While Get To Work does seem to offer more, it isn’t very fleshed out to me. For a pack that seems to contain so much, it’s always felt bland and empty.
    I enjoy the illnesses (though I use a mod to make them more severe), I almost always use hospital-births, and I do use the careers, but I cheat to progress.
    I have a separate save for Supernatural-like life-states, so I rarely use Aliens in my main save (though I’ve been thinking of perhaps incorporating them for the sake of my evil scientist).

Get Together is so much bigger. It has a real world which I always use. There are plenty of lots. I don’t feel that there’s any wasted space, as I do feel there is in a lot of newer worlds. And for a Simmer who has never really cared much about pre-mades, Windenburg offers some of my favorites who I’ve actually come to love and incorporate into my own families.
    I’ve always loved the CAS and the Build/Buy. That never gets old for me, especially the bonfire, dance floors, and closets.
    The club system, surprisingly, is not something I use a whole lot, but I do enjoy having in-game, and it’s not like I never use it at all.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. What do you think you would enjoy more? What pack do you think you’d get the most out of, knowing your own play-style? For me, it’s definitely Get Together, but that’s because I love the world. But Get To Work is definitely decent for gameplay factor.
  • Options
    I think all that amazes me about GTW is the aliens..
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I think they are both great EPs, but Get Together has to be my winner. It has so much content and I probably get more gameplay out of it. Windenburg is one of my favourite worlds and I love the CAS and tudor style build objects. The club system is also very versatile and fun to play and I love the dancing skill and Dance Machine trait. Get To Work is good too if you want more career options and retail/shops or aliens. It all depends on how you prefer to play.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I can't add anything that hasn't already been said so all I can say is what I get out of these two packs. From Get to Work its the detective career (which I adore) and the other interractive careers and aliens. Get Together gives me the club system that I have found really useful and the cafés I just love. If I were to buy these again, knowing what I know....it would be very difficult for me not to save up and buy both at once. Both have elements I find crucial to my gameplay. But if I really had to choose, I'd go with Get to Work for the detective career.
  • Options
    Thank you all for contribution in opinions! I heard so many great things from both sides!
  • Options
    brittany_jeanbrittany_jean Posts: 25 Member
    These are two of my favorite packs. I don't think you'll go wrong either way, but if forced to choose, I'd pick Get Together.
  • Options
    xbackxback Posts: 22 Member
    Get Together

While I haven't actually bought Get To Work, from the gameplays I watched, it seemed very bland, to me, personally.
    But I played Get Together and it's one of my favourite packs ever. The club system, the partying and all these new skills, and spots really made my gameplay more fun, so I 100% recommend it!