Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is University so wanted? Can someone tell me why? I've never played it myself so I'm interested.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I've played University in 2/3, but the thing about those iterations vs TS4 is that they made teens different, and had a lot of them to do without making them look like adults.

I know we aren't going to get shorter teens, but what I'd like is more stuff for teens to do besides part time jobs and two clubs. I'd love for a university pack to add just... more for teens as they prep for college.

I'd rather have a dedicated TEEN pack than it be shoe horned into a Uni pack. A uni pack should be about YA's since they are who college is meant for.

Now I'm wondering if they'll try to define expectations by coming out with an Elder stuff pack.

Knitting. "Shout at kids to get off lawn" social. Historical Knowledge skill. Prunes as a new harvestable. The possibilities are endless.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    Cheerleaders
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I was just wondering, why does everyone seem to want a University Pack so much? I just wanna know about how great the previous university packs were since I didn't get to play them for myself and I wanna get hyped about it. Thanks!

For many people, going to University is a rite of passage -- it symbolizes a transition from teendom to the ranks of The Adult Conspiracy (to use a term from a favorite fantasy series). In Sims 2, the Young Adult life stage was only for University students; once you graduated or if you chose not to go to University you immediately became an adult. In Sims 3, anyone from YA+ could attend, and you could go back multiple times which enabled the potential of the "professional student" who never wants to fully leave the campus and just keeps studying year after year as long as s/he has the money.

Going to University can also offer some advantages, whether it's a higher rate of pay depending on your final GPA, or careers that are only available if you have a University degree. And for some it's a chance to party, or maybe meet Mr./Ms. Right (or at the very least Mr./Ms. Right Now).

For me, University gives more options to tell my stories. Maybe I want to do the "professional student" bit, or maybe I have an overachiever who wants to get top grades so they can start their career on a strong note, or maybe I'll have an older Sim go back to college for a new career after they get burned out with their old one. That's the value a University pack provides to me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I've played University in 2/3, but the thing about those iterations vs TS4 is that they made teens different, and had a lot of them to do without making them look like adults.

I know we aren't going to get shorter teens, but what I'd like is more stuff for teens to do besides part time jobs and two clubs. I'd love for a university pack to add just... more for teens as they prep for college.

I'd rather have a dedicated TEEN pack than it be shoe horned into a Uni pack. A uni pack should be about YA's since they are who college is meant for.

Now I'm wondering if they'll try to define expectations by coming out with an Elder stuff pack.

Knitting. "Shout at kids to get off lawn" social. Historical Knowledge skill. Prunes as a new harvestable. The possibilities are endless.

Honestly id love it if they made elder pack but probably more of gp would be fun with lots of old people activities
    maybe add retirement homes and such :D also could add socials like ''complain about fashion'' or ''ask about marriage plans''
    ''offer cookies'' ''share memories'' there could be bingo! and maybe some old people channels...
    why im so excited about this im young adult <:D oops
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    toxikittentoxikitten Posts: 26 New Member
    For me, it just adds more flavor to my teen growing up, becoming a young adult and having to experience the world on their own w/o their family.. otherwise it just adds some cool gameplay aspects and new world
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The best University to base this off of is TS2’s University. TS3’s was a downgrade. I hope TS4’s is an upgrade from TS2’s.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    as someone who's in uni right now, i'd rather have an education pack. there's some things that can be "recycled" for use in all iterations of school no matter if its elementary, high school, or uni, and it would be neat to be able to have an aspect previously un-explored in the other games
  • Options
    NinenessNineness Posts: 25 Member
    I would love a university pack. The option to explore my young adult sims' lives at school would be a great story, especially with my legacy challenges. Also, there'd be so much to do if you think about it: the option to edit dorms, school activities, sports, competitions, etc... I hope in the future they consider it!
    66Pk1qL.gif
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    If your sims gets As in school they start at the third level of their chosen career, so with University should it start at the 5th level perhaps?