November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here
November 8 - Click here for this week's Friday Highlight!

Freelancer careers not working

«1
magooo63magooo63 Posts: 339 Member
I'm not sure if this is a problem for just me, but when i join the freelancer career, and get a gig, it never gives me any tasks to do. when i get to the due date, it says i failed, but i was never given any tasks to do????

Comments

  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 4,459 Member
    Do you use the UI Extension mod?
    Origin & Gallery : ChazzzyGOAT | Simblr : ChazzzyGOAT
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    Hello @magooo63 :smile:
    [Before doing this, make sure you're not missing anything that might be the cause of this in-game bug]
    Have you tried clearing your cache without losing your save files?
    Sometimes new patches may give you problems with troubleshooting the game, and bugs/glitches that could be solved by simply clearing up the cache.
    Follow these steps to do so:
    [Make sure you have a copy of your save files on another folder, just in case]
    The Sims 4's game cache is located at Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/ on both PC and Mac.

    1. Delete the localthumbscache.package file in this directory. This helps to "fix" some gameplay bugs.

    2. Go inside the cache folder and delete all files that end in .cache, but do not delete the actual directory.

    The .jpg files as well as the .dat that you find in the cache folder are safe to delete. These come from viewing households/lots from the gallery. If you play with the Online Access Feature turned off, or play offline, you may not have anything in this folder.

    3. Go back, then to the cachestr folder. Delete all files here, but again do not delete the actual directory.

    * It's okay to delete the spotlight.package file.

    4. The onlinethumbnailcache folder is safe to delete IF it is present.

    If you play in offline mode, you may not see this folder. However, if you forget to turn off Wifi before starting the game, you will see the folder. Same if you have the Online Access Feature turned off or play offline.

    If you have an older Sims 4 folder that still has the cachewebkit file and lotcachedata folder you can delete them. They're no longer needed.
    If this doesn't help, try quitting the job, getting a new one, and going back to the freelancer again.
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    That guide I took it from a link that won't let me post because I'm still a new member and I don't think I'm allowed to do so. That's why I didn't directly put the link here. :blush:
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 608 Member
    i was just wondering is freelancing a hobby or does one get paid
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited April 18
    You get paid !
    i was just wondering is freelancing a hobby or does one get paid

  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 339 Member
    thank you all for your help!! Chazzy, clearing out the UI Extension files fixed the problem. Can i get an updated UI Extension file to go with this new patch?, because i need my UI Extension LOL!!!
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    So happy the problem is solved!
    Happy simming! <3
  • LaxnerdLaxnerd Posts: 1 New Member
    My freelance career is not working either I can't choose a gig I restarted my game 10 times! :(
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 5,994 Member
    Laxnerd wrote: »
    My freelance career is not working either I can't choose a gig I restarted my game 10 times! :(
    You may want to try these troubleshooting steps.
    [READ FIRST] Troubleshooting your Game
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 690 Member
    This is hilarious to me. I thought that the screen it was showing me for the freelancer was working as intended. I had no idea it was my mod being out of date. I was winging it, writing one one of my sims and painting on the other. The painter is up to level 4 already and I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. I just updated the mod and now they have actual job tasks. I was doing those tasks anyway but it's nice to have a tracking of what they're supposed to be doing.
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 339 Member
    The UI Extension file has been updated by WEERBESU. here it is
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-13-26240068
  • KatKitoshiKatKitoshi Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having a slightly different issue. I don't have the UI mod and making portraits for clients worked fine, until I chose a job where I had to make icons. I only was able to do the first step of chatting with the client then I don't get the option to make the icons on the art tablet. I removed my mods folder and it still didn't work =(
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 182 Member
    KatKitoshi wrote: »
    I'm having a slightly different issue. I don't have the UI mod and making portraits for clients worked fine, until I chose a job where I had to make icons. I only was able to do the first step of chatting with the client then I don't get the option to make the icons on the art tablet. I removed my mods folder and it still didn't work =(

    Not sure if this will change anything, but consider trying on a laptop/computer, and browsing other interaction tabs.

    For example, with the freelancing writer career: If the goal is to write an article, those interactions are under the 'freelancer' tab, while if you write a book, you have the option to start writing a book under the freelancer tab, but if you pause for any reason, you can only 'resume writing' by finding the 'write' tab. So maybe the 'make icons' interaction is somewhere else?

    If that fails, hover over the 'make icons' assignment, this will potentially show a pop-up saying how to do it. (I don't know if this actually happens)

    and if you still can't find a solution, just delete the tablet and buy a new one, this has solved some issues with the missing interactions.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • KatKitoshiKatKitoshi Posts: 12 New Member
    > @KalopsianDreamer said:
    > KatKitoshi wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having a slightly different issue. I don't have the UI mod and making portraits for clients worked fine, until I chose a job where I had to make icons. I only was able to do the first step of chatting with the client then I don't get the option to make the icons on the art tablet. I removed my mods folder and it still didn't work =(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not sure if this will change anything, but consider trying on a laptop/computer, and browsing other interaction tabs.
    >
    > For example, with the freelancing writer career: If the goal is to write an article, those interactions are under the 'freelancer' tab, while if you write a book, you have the option to start writing a book under the freelancer tab, but if you pause for any reason, you can only 'resume writing' by finding the 'write' tab. So maybe the 'make icons' interaction is somewhere else?
    >
    > If that fails, hover over the 'make icons' assignment, this will potentially show a pop-up saying how to do it. (I don't know if this actually happens)
    >
    > and if you still can't find a solution, just delete the tablet and buy a new one, this has solved some issues with the missing interactions.

    deleting the tablet and getting a new one worked perfectly actually lol! Thank you XD
  • LuvTamareLuvTamare Posts: 48 Member
    Anyone having an issue where they can't submit the work they created? I had to create three icons. I've created like 7 at this point and I don't have an option to submit to client and can't find anything online about it.
  • eilaweneilawen Posts: 1 New Member
    Took me a while to figure how to send on the icons to the client. You have to go to your sims inventory then right click and you can send them.
  • Willow_EvergreenWillow_Evergreen Posts: 1 New Member
    I chose Freelancer as a career and i’ve done around 3-4 gigs but i’m on a gig right now that’s due in 24hours and my digital sketch pad won’t let me produce icons for the job. Please help fix this.
  • NuJeruCitizenNuJeruCitizen Posts: 13 New Member
    I have a problem with Freelancer Photography. I choose a gig, get the Sim to pose, change clothes or pick out an outfit. I take the pictures, upload a pic sometimes two or three, it gets approved but the approved pic never shows up in the mail so my Sim never gets to complete the gig. This happens every time.
  • NuJeruCitizenNuJeruCitizen Posts: 13 New Member
    Also I do not use mods.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 62 Member
    > @eilawen said:
    > Took me a while to figure how to send on the icons to the client. You have to go to your sims inventory then right click and you can send them.

    and if you've already got paintings in your inventory it'll get lost as they stack.
  • SimDiva1SimDiva1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having issues as well with this particular career. Sep 12, 2019.
    So I am able to talk to client but I cannot encrypt files. I checked my mods and deleted the ones that were old and then the career started checking off after that. I got to encrypt 2 out of 5 files and then it just stopped checking off. Apparently after researching this issue it has with or without mods a lot of people are having trouble with this career. I don't use UI extension as mentioned above as a solution. I repaired gamed all of the other stuff and the problem occurs with other parts of the freelance career. Anyway I figure it's something maxis needs to fix. Any other suggestions I can try? I really want to use this career!
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm having a similar issue. When in the writing freelance career, I've been able to do some things and complete tasks, but inevitably I get stuck with tasks just not completing. Like they just don't get the check mark as they should. I'm able to do the "speak with client" task, but when I get to, for example, "create marketing whatever", etc. and "turn in to client for approval", it never gets completed. My sim does the task, but it just never gets checked off as completed. Ever. It's very frustrating. Has anyone figured it out yet? I have NO mods whatsoever.
  • Daelene8Daelene8 Posts: 183 Member
    My sim is a Freelancer (electrified artists) Chatting with the client does not work and neither does creating icons on the sketchpad. I thought it was my mods and I took them off and tried with out them but still nothing. Is anyone else having the same issue?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,658 Member
    its a known bug its already been reported
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • PaulaodomPaulaodom Posts: 22 Member
    The only way I have found to make the freelancer career work right now is stay on the lot you start the gig on, use the same computer if there is more than on computer on the lot, and dont choose gigs where you have to leave the lot (like meet client) because it will not check that off as being done. So hoping they get this fixed soon
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top