Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resurection Trait, Family Tree update What to do with our Ghost's.

Hi everyone, hope your having an Awesome day. So I have been thinking about the family tree. I don't know about you but my family tree is one of the most important parts of my game. I have had an idea. We have had Ghost in game since the onset. We have little gravestones for them but no graveyards in which to "store" them. I would like to propose a new Trait, the "resurrection trait". How I would like this to work is when a baby Sim is born they have an aura (associated with their past life so old age would be red death by fire red etc.) and the baby upon reaching childhood would receive one of the traits from their previous life, which would show as a secret trait but in fact the child would display the trait as normal. Upon Young Adulthood the Sim would be able to go on a "Spirit Quest" whereupon they would be able to discover who they were in the past life, at that point the family tree of the Sims previous life would show their past self portrait as faded instead of greyed out and they would inherit all the past sims traits, as well as keep their own. I hope someone see's this Discussion thread, I hope you comment, negitave or positive and give me your thoughts. Most of all I wish you all a good day. Thank you Judilander.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Game or not, the idea of resurrection/reincarnation is controversial and could possibly be a turnoff for players living in certain regions or who follow certain religions.

It’s basically the same reason we have “Harvestfest” and “Winterfest” holidays when we all know exactly what they actually mean. But they wanted to play it safe and not isolate anyone.

Also, I wouldn’t want every new baby born in game to have a special color aura around it. It would be weird and distracting to me.

To even take this convo to the studs, I don’t foresee them adding to or changing anything about babies at all at this point. So...

Sidenote, what’s keeping you from just making your own graveyard lot in the game? I believe I’ve seen a few myself.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    From my understanding, "resurrection" isn't the word you're looking for. That word usually implies the dead person being brought back to life directly. What you mean is reincarnation, being reborn to live a different life. As far as I know, most IRL traditions that include reincarnation don't hold that you can only reincarnate as a descendant/relative.

I'm really not sure about the reincarnation idea. It seems like it would be something more suited for mods, challenges or simmers using existing content to portray. Glowing babies would also be annoying for realistic gameplay and machinima and such.

Getting a graveyard lot type would be cool, though.
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    Chazzy, you raise a very good point, honestly I didn't mean to offend anyone, or distract them from the game. I only thought it would add to the game. thank you for your opinion. meowcatmeowkitty, your correct, I misused resurrection, I meant reincarnation. I didn't restrict the reincarnation to the Sims's family tree. The baby would only have a glowing portrait in the family tree. but I can see where it wasn't obvious in my original proposal. thank you for pointing that out. I have also built my own graveyard, but it isn't the same as the other Sim games, there's no midnight activity etc. thank you both for your comments. I am happy that someone at least gave my idea some thought.