Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saves Question

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I was wondering if I were to copy my current 'saves' file to my external hard drive and then drag them to my to-be first desktop since 2004 (lost all internet and computer in 2004 to 2007), will I end up keeping my saves IN the game when I reinstall them to the desktop from Origin? Or will my current saves in the game all be wiped clean still?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    If you copy a save file, the file will be exactly the same on the new computer as it was on the previous one.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Ah, thanks! I was worried my saves would be lost after finally getting pretty much more than one generation saves. I wanna make two more saves, but figured it would be a waste when I get the new computer later this week. Glad it won't be lost. :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited March 2019
    I did this a while ago. Everything works just fine and exactly as it did on the previous computer I was playing on. Here’s what to do:
    1. Copy the entire saves folder (or your entire Sims 4 folder if you want your screenshots and everything else too) to a USB.
    2. Load up The Sims 4 on your new computer completely clean and start a save. This will generate a Sims 4 folder on your computer you can copy your saves into.
    3. Plug your USB into the new computer and copy all of the content in your saves folder into the new Sims 4 folder.
    4. Load up The Sims 4 again. This time, your other saves should show up!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I did this a while ago. Everything works just fine and exactly as it did on the previous computer I was playing on. Here’s what to do:
    1. Copy the entire saves folder (or your entire Sims 4 folder if you want your screenshots and everything else too) to a USB.
    2. Load up The Sims 4 on your new computer completely clean and start a save. This will generate a Sims 4 folder on your computer you can copy your saves into.
    3. Plug your USB into the new computer and copy all of the content in your saves folder into the new Sims 4 folder.
    4. Load up The Sims 4 again. This time, your other saves should show up!

this is what I intend to do when my new laptop gets here
  • Options
    Ah! Good. :) Thanks!
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Also, copy your tray before reinstalling Origins. Your tray will have all your households and cool lots.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    OMG, really?? :o I was worried I'd lose my library contents! I'll have to copy both folders then. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    OMG, really?? :o I was worried I'd lose my library contents! I'll have to copy both folders then. Thanks so much!

I actually had no idea that you had to copy your tray files into each game folder. I panicked when I didn’t see anything in my library, I thought they all stayed on the gallery “app” hahaha. Lesson learned :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Also, copy your tray before reinstalling Origins. Your tray will have all your households and cool lots.
    I wish I’d done that! Can you still do it if you’ve got copies of some stuff?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    drakharis wrote: »
    I wish I’d done that! Can you still do it if you’ve got copies of some stuff?

I'm pretty sure you can do that anytime.. I copied my whole sims4 folder from documents and replaced the one the game made with the copied one.. have did it several times and it works for me.. also you can just copy the tray or saves and replace them at anytime.