Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time Marches On

Welcome to my new thread. Here I will be posting my all new saga called TIME MARCHES ON. I will be using a personally revised version of
Build Newcrest and Decades Challenges as guide posts for the story. For those who would like to play this version, I will be posting the details of it later on the Lonse Star Simlit Page
TIME MARCHES ON

In Southern Oklahoma lies 16 square miles of opportunity. Multiple families will risk everything to stake their claims and leave their marks. It is a legacy whose foundation will be built on sweat, tears and blood. It is called...Newcrest.

Post edited by LONESTAR2330 on

Comments

• Options
    LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    edited April 2019
    I am going to need to do an overhaul n Time Marches On, what I had originally planned is not going to work due to the appropriate CC not being available. I will start posting new content very soon though. Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    I posted an update on the progress of TIME MARCHES ON Please check it out and be sure to follow!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Here is another Time Marches On Update I could use a bit of feedback on this one guys.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Link on latest update isn't working. Liking the other updates thus far.
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 Thank you...if fixed the current update link. It should work for you now.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Doing this new series has become a bit of an obsession. Which is a good thing. I am really trying to put my heart and soul into the characters and the story. However I have run into some issues. The chief among them is the massive magnitude the story is becoming. What started out as a five generation re write of my previous saga The Hourglass Legacy has turned into something epic.

My original plan was to do a short mini-series before jumping into the actual building of Newcrest, however as I have studied the history and worked out the timelines, this saga has taken a life of it's own. It will come with a set of challenges, mostly due to the limitations of the Sims 4 closed world, and the background objects that will plague my screenshots (Which will mean a lot of photo editing and fancy camera work) Despite the challenges it will be something way beyond my original vision.

The mini-series has gone from a single generation I planned to summarize to two full generations. Going back to the very beginning. I say all that to say this. Instead of doing the mini-series, I will be jumping right into Generation One, except instead of five Generations, I will now be writing seven full Generations, beginning the story in 1871, and ending it in 2022.  Depending on how long each Generation ends up being.

As things stand right now, I plan to start posting next week. As well as adding a few fun things along the way like character profiles and the like.

I will not be doing a Casting Call for the first Generation, but there will be one for every Generation after that. I hope you are going to enjoy reading this saga as much as I am enjoying putting it together.

• Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    This sounds like a huge undertaking! The history alone should be fasinating. Good luck with your story. I am looking forward to reading it.
  • Options
    @suzanna13 Thank you I am looking forward to sharing it.
  • Options
    8wPJfIz.png
    A sneak peek at the Prologue of the first Generation of Time Marches On!!!
  • Options
    The new Siggy is up!!! To celebrate the premiere of TIME MARCHES ON tomorrow at 6 AM CST, the prologue Time Marches On will be posted!!!

I have put a lot into this story and I hope you guys will enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed doing the research and writing it!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    TIME MARCHES ON: THE RANCH PROLOGUE

8wPJfIz.png
    Elijah begins his journey to Indian Territory

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Nice beginning! I really love it. It’s different from what we usually see with generations coming and going and no changes in technology.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Thank you! When I decided to do a legacy story I wanted to add a bit a realism by having time pass in a more tangible way, where it wasn't just the characters changing but the world around them as well. I hope everyone will enjoy the journey.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Cool first chapter. Getting a bit of a Red Dead Redemption vibe off the story so far.
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 Interesting perception. I never played that game myself but it looks awesome. There is definitely some similarities.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    TIME MARCHES ON: THE RANCH: CHAPTER ONE

VmU3vSB.png
    Elijah arrives in the territory.
    Such a refreshing twist on a legacy! I love it. Ready for more!
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    OMG I soooooo want horses in my game right now!!!! :'(
    I like the secenery on your pics.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    @Busufu wrote: »
    OMG I soooooo want horses in my game right now!!!! :'(
    I like the secenery on your pics.
    I totally agree with both. I would love to have horses again and so far the scenery is beautiful! Well done!

• Options
    edited May 2019
    @Busufu @AudreyFld I miss the horses and open world soooo much too. I am glad you guys are liking the scenery. It is taking a bit of "camera" magic to get the scenery right without the aggravation of background images. Sims 4 is awesome for doing a modern day "suburban/urban" story but trying to get rural setting is a bit tricky. It is a bit challenging but fun.
  • Options
  • Options
    Anne is lovely.....and love is in the air! <3
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Love is indeed in the air. Anne is sweet isn't she. How can you not love someone who has such a love for animals?
  • Options
    FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    Really enjoying this story! I love all the different relationships and perspectives. I love Shane’s wife. I enjoy watching them all build their friendship.
    Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg