Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW WORLD/EP IDEA: Mediterranean beach/cruise holiday [LONG PICS THREAD]

I have seen the idea of a cruise ship holiday many times and it gives me nostalgia feelings when I remember the big cruise ship harbored along the beach in TS1 Vacation pack.

14t999s.jpg

I would love to see a proper holiday destination that does not force you to be adventurous or go camping. I mean, the main point should be relaxation and it should provide all the facilities for that. I miss family holiday destinations in The sims 4 and this idea brings that for you. Packed with beach activities and some really cool new features that open up possibilities in the game!

The sims 4: Holiday destination

Always dreamed of just a relaxing holiday on long white beaches and fill your day with fun beach activities? You can now swim in the ocean! Get a tint by sunbathing under the sun which will last for days, but be careful not to burn yourself! Don't forget to buy some sunscreen before hitting the beach. While on the beach or in a hammock between the palm trees, you can play many fun games such as: Volleyball, ball kicking, throwing a beach ball around with a group of sims, building sandcastles (toddlers love this or they can just play in the sand), badminton, reading one of the magazines you can purchase in one of the beach boulevard located shops. Or simply go shell searching and find the most beautiful shells hidden on different locations that you later sell, collect or make stunning creations with that you can sell for more.

8xsni8.jpg
2nv6ype.jpg

10ygpy1.jpg
ot21ae.jpg
iyhspd.jpg

For the more adventurous sims there is surfing and diving as well. Build up your new surfing or diving skills and become a pro. You can dedicate your holiday to whatever you like! Wanna learn how to dive? Ask for a dive instructor at the local activity center (Also where you can buy/rent surfing equipment if you don't own that already). You will take small boat tours to different diving spots of your choosing together with your paid dive instructor. For low athletic/diving skilled sims, an instructor provides higher protection while diving. You can dive freely while the instructor keeps an eye on you in case of some... mysterious... attack. What?! No nothing :) All is fine! Oh and there are sharks.
You can find many treasures and objects while diving (And there is a hidden island spot to find).

2ptse8p.jpg
2z5j30m.jpg

The whole day the beach is filled with other vacationers and locals and some seagulls :P. Locals have a Mediterranean look and culture. There is a new dance, greeting and new local food (new recipes to learn!) available in small food stations located on different spots on the beach. There are gift shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs spread all over the boulevard. Shops like: icecream shops, bookstores, snack machines/magazine shop, gift shops that sell local goods/finds/shells etc, a few different restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Especially at night these places come to live and vacationers hit the boulevard to enjoy the music, sip some drinks and visit all the different shops.

eai3qa.jpg
119qkr7.jpg

s2sabs.jpg
29ntq8i.jpg

You don't need to go far to fulfill your needs. That is what this holiday should be all about! But want to get a little more luxury, peace and quiet? Then the special luxury resort is somewhat more for your sims. This is a special lot with it's own private beach, swimming pool on the edge of the sea and hotel incl.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/6W0whSb/🐸🐸🐸🐸-beach-resort-2.jpg[/img]
Sea-Pool.jpg

You can directly come visit this lot, book your room and never leave the lot again if that's what you want. This lot has everything you need. A wonderful rooftop restaurant with only the best meals and an amazing view over the sea, enough rooms to rent, a sport hall to play indoors volleyball, basketball, tennis or just work out (If you're into that), a spa facility, a fancy bar in the reception and small gift/magazine shop (which is of course selling the same items as elsewhere, but at a higher price :p).
And if that still requires too much action for your sim, then you can just lay down in your long chair while you sunbath and call one of our hotel waiters/stuff that is always ready and waiting to serve you. Just simply click on on of our waiters and ask them to bring you a drink/food/magazine of you choice from the option menu. This gives your sim ultimate comfort and happiness! How cool is that?! But, of course only on this luxury resort lot (Adds a new 'luxury rental' lot to your game) and just for those sims who can pay that little extra.

jfeyvt.jpg

Another holiday hotel could be the cruise ship that stays near to the beach. You can walk up to the boat and book a cruise for how long you desire. The ship his always ready for you household to hop on. Once you are on the ship, you can start to rent a hotel room for as many nights as you want. The ship leaves the harbor after you booked your room. Once you enter, you will find other vacationers there as well. The ship won't come back until the end of your holiday, but if you wish, you can always cancel your trip while on the boat and go back to the harbor. NON refundable!
The boat moves along the entire booked holiday on the middle of the ocean and turns back to the harbor when your cruise is over.
The cruise ship has multiple floor levels and each level has different activities and facilities on them. It is a full holiday experience. You can swim in the deck pool and sunbath under the full sun all day. There are areas for toddlers to swim and play too. There is a restaurant + bar available, a-dance-the-night-away ball room with a stage where you can look at entertainers or join in the karaoke competitions. Every night there is a different ball room theme where you can participate and socialize with others vacationers. Drinks will be served off trays as well, so your sims do not have to interrupt their conversations. There is a spa facility as well and a shopping area, kids playroom, teen hangout center filled with games and much more. The cruise ship has it all! And not to forget: This cruise holiday always has a special 30% discount for elders! As well as the drinks at the bar/being served.

And then there are the rental houses on top of a hill with a stunning view over the sea. We also don't mind if you just want to place your tent on the beach and go for the cheapest option: camping. There are stunning sunsets/sunrises over there. It's all about relaxation!
The rental houses on top of the hill are all painted in different soft cream colors and decorated with palm and cactus trees/plants. The style is somewhat like Moroccan houses in combination with Greek/Italian chalk houses with colorful and detailed doors. The interior is very calm, simple and only contains light and bright colors. The houses are all on one lot (Adds a new lot 'rental' lot type to your game).

c52b525a0b34c56a159ee57709255251.jpg
6dfe1e017c2b411fd030ac2a9b6b68bc.jpg
92d70ecd-8bdf-4aa9-94f9-e850160424dd.jpg

There are also a few lots across this new world that have residential homes on them that are available for your sims to buy if they want to keep this destination for a lifetime and eventually save a bunch of money (or not). The houses are inspired by Moroccan design where there are small pools at the hall entrance guiding you to multiple rooms through out the house. Don't forget the roof terraces filled with little lights to enjoy a home cooked dinner with friends and family.

esprit-du-maroc.jpg
IMG-5913.jpg
157986044.jpg
a7068c3d7330945521af0c4c9faaf808.jpg

This pack unlocks your sims to own properties other than just your home and business lot. You can purchase ANY lot and as many as you like.. Or can afford. You can transfer the ownership of lots. This also opens up the ability of passing along heritage which will also be more expanded with this pack. Now, when a close family member dies, the owned house, household values and bank account will be given to the related sims. You can expect a pop up window asking you if you want to own or sell the property. Your sims can visit the house within 3 days to save valuable objects of the home of the deceived sim in their inventory or sell them. The deceived sims bank account will be divided to their family. Money, house items or property heritage only applies to their kids/adopted kids and if there aren't any, then their brothers/sisters and at last their parents.

This pack also gives you an insight of each individual sims back account and divides the household account into it's household members. You can see who earned/spent what and decide which bank account you bring along when sims are moving out.

The weather is always very sunny with a blue clear sky. In the winter season it is just very windy.

* If you have more input about this pack, pls do so :) Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'd love a Mediterranean world, vacation or livable.

I'm not sure how a cruise would work. Would there be a loading screen each time you went to your cabin? I think the Gurus said recently that the idea didn't test well, so I'm not overly confident we'll see them in the game.

But other than that I'm totally hyped for everything else! Give me sun, blue waters, and some R&R!
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd love a Mediterranean world, vacation or livable.

I'm not sure how a cruise would work. Would there be a loading screen each time you went to your cabin? I think the Gurus said recently that the idea didn't test well, so I'm not overly confident we'll see them in the game.

But other than that I'm totally hyped for everything else! Give me sun, blue waters, and some R&R!

I think it could have a loading screen per level or only when you enter sleeping rooms. Not that big of an issue. It would just be like now when you get a loading screen when you want to visit someone or go to another sub neighborhood. each cruise ship level could determine a sub neighborhood in the sims world. In one sub hood you have a park with active sims, one active lot so there is much going on. On the cruise ship you could have one main lot (lets say the deck pool) and then just small other areas that would work like a park in a sub neighborhood where sims get to be active, social and use items.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't have much to add, only that I would absolutely love this! I've been wanting a beach vacation world for some time and I love all your ideas. It would be so relaxing watching my sims swimming / diving with fish, dolphins, turtles etc. The supernatural (and Disney) fan in me can't help but suggest mermaids as well. Hotels would be great too and a hotel career. There are so many possibilities.