Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to find a Child taken by Social Worker

I started a new game and I quickly realized it's not panning out how I wanted it to happen. I had a teen sim who lived with her horrible mother and father who kept popping out kids that they neglected. My teen tried to keep the kids needs up but it was too much. The kids got taken away. Both of the parents died (accidentally on purpose) and she moved in with her boyfriend and his father. Her goal in life is to find her missing siblings and adopt them so she can bring them back to the family. Does anyone know how to find them once they have been taken by the social worker?

P.S. I have no idea where the inspiration for this story came from, but I'm enjoying it and I just want it to work out how I want it to in my head!

Comments

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sorry to say that, but if you didn't save a copy of the child to your gallery, they are gone. Sims 4 doesn't work like sims 1/2/3, and it deletes after the child is taken away.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    It is one of the biggest flaws in the game in my opinion. They are deleted. A very heartless part of the game. Those kids should be able to continue to live their life.
    If you are ok with mods, mccc has an option for them to get adopted. This is one of the reasons why I started to use this mod. But that won't work for a child that is already taken.
  • Options
    SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    > @xPIXLx said:
    > I started a new game and I quickly realized it's not panning out how I wanted it to happen. I had a teen sim who lived with her horrible mother and father who kept popping out kids that they neglected. My teen tried to keep the kids needs up but it was too much. The kids got taken away. Both of the parents died (accidentally on purpose) and she moved in with her boyfriend and his father. Her goal in life is to find her missing siblings and adopt them so she can bring them back to the family. Does anyone know how to find them once they have been taken by the social worker?
    >
    > P.S. I have no idea where the inspiration for this story came from, but I'm enjoying it and I just want it to work out how I want it to in my head!

After a child is neglected in the Sims 4, they are deleted. In the sims three, I would invite them over and use cheats to add them to my household. Honestly it'ss a really big flaw.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Gone, but if you had mccc I believe the child is adopted by other family, but it will be removed from your family tree and child surname is also changed.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Gone, but if you had mccc I believe the child is adopted by other family, but it will be removed from your family tree and child surname is also changed.

How do you find the child? I have MCCC and there are so many tabs and options it's hard to find exactly how to do it.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    xPIXLx wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

How do you find the child? I have MCCC and there are so many tabs and options it's hard to find exactly how to do it.

MCCC Settings - Gameplay Settings - Adopt Neglected Child, if it's set to enabled then look on the household tab in the manage world, just look in every each of townie's household if they have adopted the child.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm glad there is a mod to make this work, but I do wish this was part of the vanilla game. It would be nice if we could save and adopt neglected children. I have one household where the uncle has had to raise his niece as his own and wish I could make this more official. The 'adopt as care dependent' feature is a step in the right direction though I guess.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    That sucks. You could remake them in the Create Sibling under Play with Genetics in CAS. Transfer them into other families and go from there. That way you don't have to start your game over
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I wish they could be put into the choice of children you could adopt by PC or put in your list of evicted Sims instead. Surely that's not too hard for them to do?
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Children are culled after being taken away. The only way I know of is if you are already using mcc and have it set to allow neglected kids be adopted then you can switch them back to their original house. I had a sim lose a kid cause he starved at day care and was immediately taken on loading the home lot. I played it off that the kid died cause they couldn't afford heating, it was a recreation of the Broke family from sims 2 and the third baby was taken.
    I searched, tried adoption in many households, downloaded mcc after and tried summoning him, he was gone from the game.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    It is one of the biggest flaws in the game in my opinion. They are deleted. A very heartless part of the game. Those kids should be able to continue to live their life.
    If you are ok with mods, mccc has an option for them to get adopted. This is one of the reasons why I started to use this mod. But that won't work for a child that is already taken.

Heartless is the perfect way to describe it. Lost a child due to neglect cause it starved at day care, which shouldn't have happened and is a noted bug, but I have no way of returning them
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you all for the input. I do have MCCC so I'll have to look at see if it's enabled. If not, I guess I'l have to enable it and restart my game ALL OVER.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    xPIXLx wrote: »
    Thank you all for the input. I do have MCCC so I'll have to look at see if it's enabled. If not, I guess I'l have to enable it and restart my game ALL OVER.

It's not enabled by default, so if you haven't turned the feature on, it won't be on.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Sorry to say that, but if you didn't save a copy of the child to your gallery, they are gone. Sims 4 doesn't work like sims 1/2/3, and it deletes after the child is taken away.

Actually it doesn't delete them immediately, it places them in their own unplayed not-in-world household, like it does with ghosts; you should be able to find them if you go through your "other households" tab. (That's what it does with babies that are taken away, anyway. I tested it out a while ago when somebody was asking. I do use MCCC, but turned off the "adopt neglected child" setting for the experiment, and I believe somebody who didn't use it at all tested it as well.) Then they can just be transferred back.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Maggiedoll wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »

Actually it doesn't delete them immediately, it places them in their own unplayed not-in-world household, like it does with ghosts; you should be able to find them if you go through your "other households" tab. (That's what it does with babies that are taken away, anyway. I tested it out a while ago when somebody was asking. I do use MCCC, but turned off the "adopt neglected child" setting for the experiment, and I believe somebody who didn't use it at all tested it as well.) Then they can just be transferred back.

Unfortunately, with the MCCC mod, the hidden households can not be seen. So people playing without the mod are out of luck.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I'm glad there is a mod to make this work, but I do wish this was part of the vanilla game. It would be nice if we could save and adopt neglected children. I have one household where the uncle has had to raise his niece as his own and wish I could make this more official. The 'adopt as care dependent' feature is a step in the right direction though I guess.

You can make him her father (would say in relationship panel and family tree) by turning on the cas.fulleditmode cheat and changing their relationship in CAS.
  • Options
    gemmajestygemmajesty Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey I'm having a similar problem and hoping someone can help me! My child got taken away due to neglect, but she wasn't neglected! All of her needs were met all the time. I don't know why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it. I've been exiting without saving to try to go back and give her a bunch of attention (even though all her needs are in the green anyway) to see if I can curb the child services action, but nothing is working. For background- she's an F student but tbh I don't know why, she does all her homework and goes to school every day (though I'll admit not always completely on time). Mom is pregnant and at the time of being "whisked away," is when mom is in labor or right after she gives birth. I'm honestly really attached to this kid and I'm freaking out so any advice from more experienced simmers would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    What about for PS4 without mods?
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I was devastated when one of my sim children simply disappeared today. I was browsing through "Manage Households" and noticed she was gone. I went in to play another family and suddenly both children in that family got "very sad" moods because a child had been "whisked away." This little girl was never neglected, and I'm sad that she's gone. I'm just creating a storyline around it, albeit not a very happy one.

I'm just shocked and bewildered as to how and why this suddenly happened. :(
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I was devastated when one of my sim children simply disappeared today. I was browsing through "Manage Households" and noticed she was gone. I went in to play another family and suddenly both children in that family got "very sad" moods because a child had been "whisked away." This little girl was never neglected, and I'm sad that she's gone. I'm just creating a storyline around it, albeit not a very happy one.

I'm just shocked and bewildered as to how and why this suddenly happened. :(

Possibly a way for the game to say your child was kidnapped and will never return... :o:'( I just thought of something dark and now I feel sad...
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    gemmajestygemmajesty Posts: 2 New Member
    > @NoWayJose527 said:
    > I was devastated when one of my sim children simply disappeared today. I was browsing through "Manage Households" and noticed she was gone. I went in to play another family and suddenly both children in that family got "very sad" moods because a child had been "whisked away." This little girl was never neglected, and I'm sad that she's gone. I'm just creating a storyline around it, albeit not a very happy one.
    >
    > I'm just shocked and bewildered as to how and why this suddenly happened. :(

Me too! I'm trying to intercept it before it happens but nothing is working!
  • Options
    BunnyhartBunnyhart Posts: 9 New Member
    I had a very similar situation happen. I have three toddlers, two girls and a boy. It is so difficult to keep up with their needs. The little boy needed a bath and I kept clicking on both the Mom and the Dad to give him a bath and every time I clicked for them to give him a bath and every single time the would go do something else. I tried the teen brother and sister. I had the little boy go stand by the bathtub and it was just impossible. He got taken away and I was devastated. Luckily I had the thought that I hadn't saved my game in a while and so I logged out without saving and logged back in and he was back. I have to say I really dislike that feature of the game. We should be able to get them back somehow. I think what makes it the most frustrating though is that in some instances it is a game mechanic. That is what is the worst.
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    This is why if I play with kids needs are static through baby and toddler.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited May 2019
    I got Kaci back! This trick might not work for other children who have been "whisked away" since Kaci disappeared while I was playing another family, so I never actually saw the social worker or had any notification that she'd been taken. I just noticed she was gone, and then when the children in the family I played next both got "very sad" moodlets because a child had been whisked away.

But, I was playing another family this morning, and the little girl wanted to invite a friend over. I was surprised to see Kaci appearing in the friend's list. I double-checked. She still wasn't showing up as part of her own family, but Deidre was able to invite her over, and she actually showed up.

So, I dug around a bit, found the "add sim to family cheat" and voila! Kaci Bowen is back in my game. She's now with the Grayson family, but I should be able to correct that with Household Management. I did start another thread about this when I was looking for help with the cheat, but I wanted to be sure I shared the info here, too. Maybe this trick will work for others, or maybe my case was just a rare glitch. Either way, I'm thrilled to have Kaci back.

EDITED TO ADD: FWIW, I checked Kaci's genealogy. It does show her real family going back three generations, so the game seems to recognize that she is part of her original family.
  • Options
    CHbearCHbear Posts: 1 New Member
    Actually you can. Invite your child to your lot / travel to location with said child. Testingcheatstrue left click on child sim, add to household. You're all welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top