November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

Alexa Just Cussed!

I was playing Trivia and it was the question about the talking toilet next to the regular toilet...and Alexa said the "P*SS" word in reference to not making the talking toilet mad.

Comments

• SimGuru0x00SimGuru0x00 Posts: 19 SimGuru
    Thanks for reporting this to us!! We are tracking this as I write this message and will work on a fix. I'll notify as soon as it publishes live!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 4,470 Member
    edited March 21
    plum is not a curse word. It is vulgar slang for using the restroom.

Wow, it’s banned from this website? Sheesh
    Origin & Gallery : ChazzzyGOAT | Simblr : ChazzzyGOAT
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 324 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

It was a curse word in the context that Alexa used it. Not only that it's inappropriate.
    ArilyBoo wrote: »

It was a curse word in the context that Alexa used it. Not only that it's inappropriate.

Well in that case it sounds like a play on words. Think about it. “Don’t p*ss off the toilet” lol it’s kinda funny actually
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 170 Member

Well in that case it sounds like a play on words. Think about it. “Don’t p*ss off the toilet” lol it’s kinda funny actually

Funny or not, it's not really that great for the ages of some of the children that play this game.
    117tn2a.jpg
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy
  • SimGuru0x00SimGuru0x00 Posts: 19 SimGuru
    6tu36yz43bts.jpg

We have fixed the issue in production build. Here is a screenshot of how the text will show up (from our testing).

As always, we welcome such feedback.

Funny or not, it's not really that great for the ages of some of the children that play this game.

The game isn’t for children, it’s for Teens and compared to some of the jokes in kid-friendly movies these days, this joke was on-par with that in my opinion and I don’t think there was anything wrong with it.

But it doesn’t matter anymore because they just removed it. So...
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,762 Member

The game isn’t for children, it’s for Teens and compared to some of the jokes in kid-friendly movies these days, this joke was on-par with that in my opinion and I don’t think there was anything wrong with it.

But it doesn’t matter anymore because they just removed it. So...

Some people are just too sensitive *shrug*
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 4,442 Member
    Having lived in England and the U.S., I was fairly shocked to find out that 'plum off,' or even the lighter version, "p. o. 'd" was considered very offensive language to the British. While in America, we don't think a thing about it. My mom says it. :lol: But then when the British say 'plum' it means drunk. So it's all just a cultural language difference I suspect.
    The Sequel: Part 4

• dummydummy Posts: 1 New Member
    this game has a T rating and you're getting upset over slightly vulgar language..? you shouldn't have bought it if you can't handle games with that rating.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,256 Member
    First, it isn't a curse word. Second, the game is rated T for Teen. If you think that's bad then I advise you not to go into the halls of any high school around the world.