Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions Needed

What do you guys like or dislike about Get Famous, and Get to Work? Just wondering what I should buy.
My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I really like the Aliens in GTW, I love occults (though I know not everyone is an occult player)! I also find some of the CAS nice, and the BB, and the active careers are good, but I think the sickness system is veeeeery flawed, and the careers can be difficult to progress in. The inventions from the Science career are really fun to use, and the detective career is a really fun one to do, as it really feels accurate to the life of a detective, and I use it for my B99 save xD AND of course, it adds businesses! It isn't something I do, but I hear this system is pretty close to Open for Business from TS2, which I hear is the best version of owning a business!

In GF, it can be extremely obtrusive, as the celebrities all show up everywhere, and if you're trying to gain fame and have 'your moment', they can take all the attention away from you. I also think a lot of the celebrity sims are insanely ugly looking, like Judith Ward and the one with white hair, and Venessa Jeong (the one from the trailers with blue hair) is gorgeous under her weird hair and makeup, so if you change up her look, I like it a lot. The CAS stuff is partly useless? as a lot of it is only useful in the Acting career, so if you don't do the acting career, you don't really use it, but the career itself is fun, and the quirks celebs can develop can be anything from funny all the way down to downright sad.

I think it'll really, really, REALLY depend on your playstyle. I like both, but neither are my favourite expansion, or even in the top 4 of my favourites, if I'm honest. I personally like all the expansions, but these two are both my bottom two expansions for what I like to do in the Sims.

Maybe base it on what you think you're missing from the game?

If you want to see a good unbiased review, have a look at LGR on youtube at his Sims 4 series, he reviews every pack, and covers everything about it!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    Based on the two, I would choose Get Famous. Seems like it has more things in the pack that you will use regularly.

I think Get To Work and Outdoor Retreat are 2 of my least favorite big packs so far.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I think they are both good packs, but I personally prefer Get To Work just a little more. However, this is purely because I have never been really into the fame theme and so I get a lot more gameplay out of GTW. It gives you three new careers (doctor, scientist, detective), the baking skill, aliens and lots of nice CAS/build items. It's also nice that pregnant sims can have their baby at the hospital. The retail system isn't flawless, but I like how versatile it is (you can make a bakery, book shop, florist, a salon for your stylist - whatever comes to mind!) and enjoy my sims being able to visit different shops. The new self-employed feature added to the base game also means you can now ensure your sim is recognised as a business owner if you want. As for GF, despite my lack of interest in the theme, I still have a lot of fun with it. The acting career, fame and reputation systems are very well done, and I also love the CAS/build items. The worlds in both packs are small and disappointing in my opinion, but the GTW world in particular is often forgotten about by most players (I use it as a small retail area). Really it all depends on your own gameplay style. I would recommend checking out the SimsVIP guides and online reviews if you haven't already to see which pack appeals to you the most. :)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I like that Get Famous presents a type of sim who is a break from the normal. It's almost like having a new life state around (provided you aren't just friends with all the famous sims, cause then you can just interact with them like normal sims pretty much).

GTW has Aliens, but tbh, in memory, Get Famous famous people feel more like a new life state to me than the Aliens do. The Aliens win in terms of difference of appearance, but the famous sims aren't trying to blend in (quite the opposite) so you can find some unique gameplay options in it. Aliens, in my recollection, are mostly just regular sims, with a few unique quirks once in a while.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'd recommend choosing based off of your play style. I like them both. Get Famous is fun, but I don't like that my Sims can get famous by doing regular things like painting or writing. I find myself having to opt out of fame as there are certain Sims I don't want famous. Get To Work is fun....but the active careers get repetitive. Personally, I'm enjoying Retail the best, which comes with Get To Work. I found the perfect mod for retail stores to function the way I want it to, so I think I probably utilize Get To Work the most now.
  • Options
    BrocNoodleBrocNoodle Posts: 28 Member
    I really like them both. However Get To Work does give you more variety of game play.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I love them both. I know that's not terribly helpful to you, but if you're that torn you could either flip a coin, or do the eenie, meanie, miney, mo thing. I realized early on, that more often than not I would choose the 'loser', which really showed me what I truly wanted. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    I also like both because you got to get involve with your Sims career. With Get To Work you experience solving cases, the drama and funny interactions in the hospital, the weird, sany and peculiar activities at the laboratory and you got to try building up your businesses. In Get Famous there is not much activities except that you just have to fulfill the tasks in the panel by clicking on the mark spots or object on stage.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I like them both but do get annoyed by my Sims being invited to Dine Out by their dead relatives. :/