Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ON THE MOVE game pack IDEAS

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I am constantly daydreaming about new ideas for packs. This one has been in my mind for a while. Many people say Sims 4 doesn't need cars but they don't realize how much everyday gameplay they could lend! Here are my ideas for a pack about EVERYTHING ON WHEELS! Feel free to add to it!

--The pack's main feature would be bringing cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, bikes, airplanes, and helicopters. The airplanes and helicopters would be perfect for our rich sims or celebrities! They would be much like Sims 2 vehicles where you could hang out in them to listen to music, Woohoo, turn on lights, go for a spin, and the like. Teens could ask an adult to teach them how to drive. They could have rabbit-hole event where they go to get their driver's license!

--KIDDIE VEHICLES! Did anyone else have these type of vehicles when they were young? There could be a couple of these small vehicles for toddlers and children to enjoy. This way the pack wouldn't only be about teens through elders!

-- There would be a new 10-level "Mechanic" skill. This skill would be solely about anything to do with wheels. As you progress you could earn new abilities and upgrades and the ability to fix progressively worse problems your vehicle might have. There would also be an active "Mechanic" career! You could set up things at home. People could call you on their phone or friends could drop by and visit if they have a vehicle problem.

--You'd hover over your vehicle to see current condition of it and how much gas or oil is in it. It would add to everyday gameplay because vehicles are something you must constantly maintain in real life. This is a life simulator after all! A multitude of things could go wrong with your vehicle. If you have a problem you could call a mechanic over to look at it. I don't necessarily think the pack needs a separate auto garage lot. What do you guys think???

--GAS STATIONS! These would be fun to build and include a few shelf objects that have things like the typical convenience store does such as candy, oil, and so forth. The build items could include a lot of retro stuff to build those old-school gas stations I've seen that have so much character! The pack could come with a new neighborhood/world that already has a few gas stations. Being that Strangerville came with a new world with 11 lots it would be fantastic if a pack like this could have a world about that size. However, that would never be my number one request for a pack like this!

What else can anyone add to this list?

Comments

• Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Car Factory: This would be a new business/venue. Sims will be able to own a car factory to make and sell cars!
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I'm definitely one of those people who doesn't think cars would add much to the game - but these ideas you've pointed out are a lot of fun :)

I do think bicycles could be a great addition! Similar to how you can take your dog for a short, medium, or long walk, you could ride your bike around the neighborhood. There could be an option to either level up fitness, or a new cycling skill in general, similar to how you can select to go for a jog.

This could also introduce teaching kids how to ride bikes, all the way up to doing tricks on bikes. Maybe a BMX rabbit hole tournament could be a possibility. Also, tricycles for the toddlers! Removing training wheels from children's bikes, going on a bike ride with friends... would be a cute storytelling option with the curfews from Parenthood; racing home on your bikes in time for dinner or before the sun goes down, or whatever.

I also really like the "go for an adventure" selection with dogs that have the trait for it. Maybe there could even be a rabbit hole style "adventure" you could go on with your bike.

Workout bikes could be added to the fitness category, spin classes, etc. Similar to your idea of upgrading your car, you could upgrade your bike with cool stuff (for cosmetic of performance reasons). Maybe even see how much air is in each tire! And with the "car factory" suggestion, you could also create custom bikes!

Whether or not it's likely to be added to the game, it was definitely a spark of inspiration for me just now ;) Thanks!
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    • sleazy, used car sellers
    • drivers education/teaching teenagers to drive
    • getting pulled over by cops for driving while sim
    • possessed cars that can kill or take you to the mythical monster truck graveyard
    • junkyard where you can pull parts to build your own